Bubble Witch Saga 3 BCA Month Salon Beauty Ali: A Life Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Customer reviews

Savannah Cemeteries
Format: Hardcover|Change

on September 18, 2011
All in all, this is a very nice basic reference book for the three major cemeteries in Savannah, Georgia. Aside from the several proofreading errors, which is typical of Schiffer, I unfortunately found a few errors in the content, as well. Lest I begin to seem too picky, let me say I did enjoy this book most particularly for the photographs. For that reason, I wish this had been a selection of the Arcadia series. I appreciate that Mr. Propst had views of the cemeteries taken at various times of the day, including in the gentleness of early morning. I also appreciated the sepia tones, which camouflaged the lack of ground cover in some situations and the sorry maintenance in others. I am happy to have this book in my collection as it provides some alternative views and piques my memory of some exquisite Savannah landmarks.
on March 11, 2016
Beautiful cemeteries ...After having been to Savannah last year and learning much of the history and lore , this was a great book to add to my collection....
on March 10, 2014
A great book to obtain. It is loaded with lots of information that an individual would miss, while exploring each of Savannah's cemeteries (Laurel, Colonial, and Bonaventure). The book also gives you a succinct story/history of some of its notables that are buried in each cemetery, as well as unique photos.
on January 30, 2013
Factual information as well as capturing the beauty & grace of these Savannah cemeteries was accomplished by Matthew Propst. It make me want to take a trip back again to view the beautiful statues.
on March 3, 2014
I have this book on my coffee table so my friends can see what wonders are in Savannah Ga cemeteries. This pictures are super.
on December 31, 2012
After taking a trip to Savannah this last year--the history and memories were there.
There is so much history in the cemeteries.
on July 8, 2010
I bought this book and "Savannah Perspectives" by author Matthew Propst, and was thrilled! I gave them as gifts but once I peeked through the books I was sorry i did not buy them for myself (a great excuse to go back to Savannah). My friends adored these lovely books. The images were exquisite and the copy was very interesting as well as helpful (we followed the recommendations and went to many of the sites).

This book is a must have for the Savannah visitor. My suggestion would be to purchase these books PRIOR to your visit so you can read, learn and plan ahead of time.

Great Book!
Kathrine Clark
on July 12, 2010
When I received this book as a gift, I thought reading about cemeteries might not be all that interesting..........however, once I started reading and learning all about the history of these Savannah cemeteries, I found it so informative and interesting that I read the book from cover to cover in one sitting. The photography also is excellent.

Next time I visit my family in Savannah, I shall look forward to seeing all the cemeteries mentioned in this book and look for the unusual and the beautiful as shown in this well thought out publication.
on February 9, 2010
This book has wonderful photos of the Savannah Cemeteries. Each photo captures the spirit of Savannah with the history of all the people gone from this world. The writtings are interesting because they tell a story of the photos. Occasionally, I will pick up the book to look at each photo...each time I see something different in it. This book is a must have.
on July 11, 2010
We purchased this book and were lucky enough to have met the author/photographer. It is an absolutely wonderful book. If you love photography, Savannah, or old cemetaries this is a must have book. The descriptions and information about the cemetaries in Savannah is great and the photos are amazing. thank you