Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 87 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 90 reviews
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon December 3, 2016
 Save A Battery 2365-48 48-Volt Battery Charger and Maintainer

This is a product review of Save A Battery 2365-48 48-Volt Battery Charger and Maintainer by Save A Battery

My golf cart is a 48 volt electric. The charger went out and all the chargers are $300 plus. I came across this charger and thought it was too good to be true. First off it is very easy to install. It is literally fool proof. It comes with clamp style battery connectors to help you quickly connect to your batteries to determine the correct wires. The charger has built in circuitry to make sure you connect to the batteries correctly without damage if installed incorrectly.

This unit charged by batteries completely. It took 5 days to do so but it did fully charge them. My golf cart ran great with the new charge. The compact unit take up very little space and is very light weight.

This charger works great and fully charges the batteries. Even though is is slow for the money it is worth it. It is winter now and I only use my golf cart on the weekends and this charger does the job well.

Checkout my video and see for yourself.

This item was delivered very fast with Prime Membership and there were no shipping or delivery issues or hassles.
Please feel free to ask any questions you might have
Thank you for taking the time to read my review. I really appreciate it. I hope it was helpful to you.
on March 11, 2016
OK, for those who know nothing about lead acid batteries and give this a bad review because its "slow", educate your self. This does exactly what it is made to do. Its a trickle charger that WILL extend the life if your battery. Bought mine in January and has works great on my 48v (6x 8v batteries in series) yamaha golf cart. It takes 2-3 days to get batteries back to full charge after draining during use down to about 30%.That is what its supposed to do. Check your water level after each charge. If you don't, you can cook your batteries. Trickle chargers will heat your elements and dissolve the sulfates attached to the lead elements. Keep your connections clean as well. The faster the charge, the less effective it is at keeping your battery at optimum condition and is part of the cause of sulfation thus low life spans. During the winter, you should cycle your system by putting a load on your batteries and recharge them back up. Make sure that you draw the batteries evenly. My only issue I have with this maintainer is that I wish it had a way to put that even load on the batteries to keep cycling / desulfating during the winter. I bought a cheap 48-12V DC to DC converter from Amazon that I can hook my headlights, USB chargers, etc to and create the load on the batteries evenly during the winter and of course, enjoy tunes and bright headlights on my ride.
on December 15, 2016
has put back more into my batteries than my regular charger ... float voltage is now 53.7 ... Trojan says perfect is 54 ... so getting close ! regular charger stopped at 51 ... makes for a cart ready to go after sitting a few weeks ... perfect!

update ... Cart has never ran so good .. for some reason the batteries seemed to drain when left alone a few days ... i never found out why , but i can say that now , i just leave this plugged in and batteries show full when i use the cart ... range and torque seems to be restored as well ... my big charger seems to stop at 51.4 volt and shut off ... this one maintains the voltage at 53.7 ... very satisfied so far ... it really seems to be helping ... if you don't use your cart every day , i suggest this product ...
on November 9, 2013
This is an excellent charger and battery tender. I mounted it inside the battery compartment of my golf cart and use the 10' 110v cord to plug in. I no longer use the big heavy charger that came with my cart.
on May 20, 2014
I have a 12V Save a Battery for my cars and I also purchase them for gifts as I am very confident in their claims. Don't let the plain yellow and black box fool you, this is a well designed and polished garage tool.

I bought this 48V version to charge a dead 48V scooter battery pack. This pack was literally at 0V and nothing else would even recognize it as a battery. Now, the funny part:

The diagrams on this chinese scooter were unclear and since the pack was registering 0V, I could not tell the polarity as compared to the Save A Battery. So, I took a chance and connected it based on some fuzzy logic. The battery was left for a few days as the LEDs went on and off and the charger brought the pack back from the dead. The next week, I attempted to use the scooter only to find out the breaker was constantly tripping as soon as the pack was connected. After much swearing and testing, I come to find out that the battery was charged in the opposite polarity and is now a -48V battery. Although I certainly don't recommend that anyone use a battery in this configuration, I saw the cells around to work as a +48V on the scooter.

This Save a battery brought a zombie back to life. I'm sure it will help your situation.
on February 23, 2015
My Save A Battery charger was connected to my golf cart and would not shut off and got very hot. I am sending it in as they have requested and will follow up with how they handle the issue.

They took care of the problem free of charge. One of my family members has a golf cart company and they use this product on all carts and mine was the first a problem was seen with.

I am happy because they took care of the issue.
on October 12, 2015
My golf cart has brand new batteries, purchased the same time I bought this. First of all, it died after two weeks use, which is why I am giving it one star. I would return it, but I missed my window by two days due to a camping trip. Secondly, when it did work it charged painfully slow. I expected that, but not as slow as it went. For about 10 minutes of golf cart use, it would take over four hours to charge the batteries back up. From 30% battery it takes over three days to get it 90% without using the cart at all. The thing is small and easy to mount under the seat, but I can get a hamster to run on wheel for a more reliable and quicker charge.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 24, 2015
Works as described. I have a 48v six battery golf cart. I contacted "Saved A Battery" tech support and they walked me though all my questions on two separated occasions with different issues. The tech was AWESOME! My batteries went from less than half charge to full charge over night. The charger acts strange once in a while (flashing lights) but I believe it is the golf carts electronics that are causing the errors. I unplug it for a while and it returns to normal. As long as my batteries charge properly I am happy. I am just out of warranty and the factory charger is over $600 plus installation costs.
on August 6, 2014
Product worked fine for 98 days although it did get hot when used. I only used it to maintain the batteries on my golf cart and not to charge them. I checked on the charger one afternoon and noticed that the lights were no longer on. I thought it might have been a loose battery connect but after closer inspection the Save a Battery had died. It was past the time limit to return it to Amazon so I tried to contact the company about the warranty but it came with no paper work. My advice is to look at another way to maintain the batteries on your golf cart.
VINE VOICEon October 4, 2016
I've been using this for just over a year now to charge the batteries in a 48v golf cart. The on-board charger died and this was a lot cheaper than replacing with an OEM charger. So far no issues at all. I'm not the most mechanical and this is easy for me to understand and hook up.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.