Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning LastTycoon LastTycoon LastTycoon  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 414 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 703 reviews
on February 15, 2015
I gave this book 4 stars because I did like it - most of the time. There were several pages and even a chapter or two that added nothing to the story and would not have been missed if they had been removed from the book altogether. Baldacci is so good at writing about government corruption and who spies on who but I felt he went off the track in many places. When he got back to the actual story of trying to save the life of Faith, the story was quite good. There were several times when I couldn't figure out who was bad and who was good! All in all, a good story with some interesting characters but entirely too long with too much "fluff".
on June 21, 2017
The take-away thought - " REMEMBER J, Edgar Hoover who had files on almost everyone....This must not happen ever again." If a secret society of True Patriots dislikes the CIA, they can recruit insider-followers from all levels of public and private organizations. They can kill off those who refuse to cooperate. Danny Buchanan and Faith Lockhart, talented and philanthropic (well, sort of benevolent) lobbyists all but die in opposing the True Patriots. Between this novel by David Baldacci and Joseph Finder's THE SWITCH, a reader might fear the near future.
on October 12, 2014
I am a big fan of Baldacci, I always get my books as audio-CD to fill my commute time. I've enjoyed dozens of books on CD. This is a good story, but it was terribly difficult to listen toTHIS narrator and found myself just pleading for him to get to the end and stop reading to me !! Listening to this narrator go though the sentences of this story was almost like listening to someone reading a shopping list. But what made it even worse, was how the narrator finishes EVERY, and I mean EVERY, sentence (no matter which character) as though it was a last dieing breathhhhaaaah. After this book on CD, I now also need to check who is the narrator, and I will not do another book read by this narrator.
on June 10, 2017
A power struggle between FBI and CIA and the innocent victims caught in the crosswise. My favorite parts were the interactions between Faith and Lee. The intrigue was too detailed and lost my interest.
on May 13, 2017
Not as good as some of his books but a bit more humanitarian. Still very entertaining and well written. The entertainment alone makes this book worth reading. Maxmontgomery
on May 9, 2016
Slow to start, but once the plot unravels it is hard to put down. I would recommend to anyone interested in thrillers.
on May 17, 2017
It moves along nicely. Good characters. Interesting story. Enjoy a good story with nice pace. Another hit for a great writer.
on March 15, 2017
This was an excellent read and even better story. Scary, as it is very believable. Another great escape compliments of Baldacci.
on January 9, 2015
I have read enough Baldacci books to expect some jumping around. This is the slowest starting of any Baldacci book I have read. Most of the first half deals with the pace of Washington government and the lobbying process. It is moderately exciting as the conclusion nears, but I still felt this was slightly below Baldacci's standards.
on July 4, 2017
I had somehow missed this book among Mr. Baldacci's works. I'm glad I found it. I really enjoyed Saving Faith. It was fast paced and very intriguing. Towards the end I could hardly put this book down.