Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

Saving Redwind: A Wallpaper Adventure
Format: Paperback|Change

on October 12, 2011
Having moved to a new place, Nick Stevenson yearns for adventure. To see new sights and more of the world just like his father. But sometimes things don't work out the way he wants them to.

When things start happening and his ceiling starts turning into some sort of storm, Nick wonders if he's losing his mind. Perhaps he's asked for more than he's bargained for in wanting an adventure. As he ponders this thought, a boy shows up asking him for help in saving his world - one known as Redwind. While everything inside cries out that the boy's request is completely unbelievable, Nick agrees and is sucked into the very wallpaper within his room. Thrown into an extraordinary world that takes him by surprise, Nick tries to grasp the meaning behind the boys odd request.

Having always considered himself as no one special, he's completely blown away by the fact that the people he comes to meet are relying on him to set all wrongs to right. With time being of the essence, Nick does his best to do as he is asked, praying that he'll have enough time to complete the objectives that have been set out before him.

Battling his doubts and insecurities, as well as the obstacles that have been strewn across his path, Nick finds it within himself to give it his all while trying to save a world that has come to mean more to him than he ever imagined. A world that seems more real as the minutes pass by.

While this is a children's book, it's truly an enjoyable read. So much so, that once you start, it's hard to put down. Kris weaves such a delightful tale that you find yourself wanting to know more about what happens to Nick and the friend's that he's made along the way. I truly recommend reading this book.
on July 12, 2012
Nick really didn't like his new room in his family's new house that much. The ceiling acted like a storm was going to break out in his room any second. The landscape wallpaper had things moving in it. You heard me right, the wallpaper had things moving in it! When a kid comes out of the wallpaper, into Nick's room, he asks Nick to come to Redwind to help save it. Redwind is a world and the portal to that world was in Nick's room! Nick is ready for an adventure and follows the boy back into the wallpaper although he's not really sure what he can do to help. What he finds in Redwind is the adventure he has been wanting, unexpected dangers, new friends and kooky creatures!

I think this book was cool. I really liked the made-up creatures in the story, especially the Krog. The plot idea of creepy wallpaper coming to life and being a doorway to another world really got my interest. Redwind is a cool world that Ms. Yankee described really well. Nick was a good main character, but my favorite was Simon The Elder because he was really nice, smart and he could shape-shift (who doesn't like shape-shifting?). The book is a clean read with no graphic violence or bad words. I think this is a great book for boys but girls will also like it.

**NOTE** I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
on August 5, 2011
I can't imagine a 'tween' boy who wouldn't enjoy reading this story! It has everything! Spooky wallpaper, magic, hockey, talking boulders, an annoying little sister! Kris Yankee did a great job on this book. I bought it to read to my grandson, who is a bit younger than 'tween' and he loved it. I'm sure I'll be reading it to him again and again. Truth be told, I think I might have enjoyed it as much, if not more, than he did. After all, who says grandmas can't enjoy some heroic make-believe, too?
on January 17, 2012
This was such a delightful story, one that can be enjoyed by adventurers of all ages (even older ones like me!) It was so inventive, filled with intriguing characters, and exciting situations. It perfectly captures the uncertainty and bravado of a young boy who wants to see more of the world outside his home, but isn't sure if he's up to the tasks required to be a hero. I loved accompanying him on his adventure, and hope there will be more.
on July 25, 2011
I started off telling my son that we would read one chapter a night. That lasted until we started reading chapter one, and then we HAD to keep reading. Both my son and I LOVED the original characters and the unique, creative world we became a part of throughout the adventure. Saving Redwind is wonderfully written and we can't wait to read the next book in the series.
4 helpful votes
on August 2, 2011
on August 26, 2011
I LOVED this book! An awesome wallpaper adventure that kept me turning pages! I couldn't put it down once I got started and I can't wait to read the next book in the series! I would suggest this to anyone looking for a fun book filled with action, humor, and excitement. A wonderful read!
on July 31, 2011
An amazing world reached through your bedroom wallpaper? Check. Humor and hockey? Check. A wonderful story for a young reader? Check. A story that will engage young readers, this is well worth the read!
4 helpful votes
on August 8, 2011
I can't say enough about this book. Kris Yankee did a fabulous job of creating a world both boys and girls will adore. Saving Redwind has so much action and adventure, even adults are sure to enjoy this story. I can't wait to see what else she writes next.
on August 5, 2011
A wonderful read! I enjoyed the characters, the fantasy, and I too could not
stop reading the book once I started it! Looking forward to sharing the book
with two of my grandsons!