Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis hots Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 375 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 603 reviews
on August 26, 2014
I originally began reading this series upon the recommendation of a friend. I had not read any Nora Roberts previously, but I am glad I picked up these books. As stated in my previous reviews for The Bride Quartet books, the premise of the series is four childhood friends who start out life "playing wedding" and eventually grow up to run their own wedding business. Each handles a different aspect of the business and together they are the "go-to" wedding planners in their area. Parker is the organizational brains, Laurel does cakes and desserts, Emma does all the flower arranging and garden planning, and Mackensie is the photographer. Each book in this series highlights a different one of the partners and the development of their own HEA. "Savor the Moment" is Laurel's story.

Perhaps it is because I read these books back to back (as opposed to those who read them when they first came out & had to wait until the next title was published), but by the time this story began, I was starting to feel that the story itself was somewhat predictable. Even so, it was still a great book and a fun read. Laurel and Del have known each other since childhood, but Laurel believes that Del only views her as an honorary sister, not a possible love interest. Ironically, Del is starting to have some of the same feelings for Laurel, but is not sure how to deal with them. Each is afraid to tell the other how they truly feel, and when they decide to give a romantic relationship a try, they do so only with some rather set conditions. But, as Shakespeare said so long ago, "The course of true love never did run smooth". When the relationship hits its inevitable rough patch, there is little doubt in the reader's mind that the couple will be able to work out their differences, but how Ms. Roberts goes about getting to that happy ending must be played out step by step.

The larger story arcs that connect the series are present in this book, adding to the depth of characters for each member of the group. As their stories unfold, we learn more about not only Laurel and Delaney, but also the rest of the Quartet and their significant others (or potential significant others, as the case may be). I am looking forward to completing the series, not only to find out what happens with Parker (the last of the Quartet), but also to see how the rest of the story arcs are concluded.

Quick guide:
* Storyline - Easy to follow, involving realistic conflict between characters
* Characters - Well written and well developed. Each book in the series includes more in-depth info about each of the Quartet.
* Romance/Sex Scenes - Still present, although somewhat more subtle than in the second book. Nothing overly graphic.
* Audience - High school and up
on August 13, 2017
I have this whole series in hard-copy so I must really like it. Like many Nora Roberts series, The Bridal Quartet is first and foremost a story of friendship between strong women. Although each book in the series tells the story of one of the women's romance, the series as a whole is tightly woven together by the bonds of friendship between the women as they work together to run a wedding business. In Savor the moment, wedding cakes provide the MacGuffin for the plot.
on June 17, 2014
Like the majority of all females in this country, I like Nora Roberts. (I'm a rabid J.D. Robb fan. My children constantly remind me that Eve and Roarke are fictional characters.) Because I like Roberts, i read the first in the series, 'White' and I expected to it. I didn't; I liked it, well enough to get the second of the quartet, I liked it too, a little better than the first, but not enough to love, love, love the novel. What I do love, however is this series. The novels get better. This one, book #3 is just better. It's good. It warms and it lightens. The characters get richer and more vivid. The sum of the whole is greater than its parts is absolutely true for this series. So yes, read this one, but don't stop. Go all the way through the quartet. It's worth the journey.
Marita
on May 14, 2017
I have to admit I have read this book a number of times and still holds as one of my favorites! You root for Laurel and Del from the beginning and the story unfolds keeping your attention! This is part of a series and every book is special and you'll reread them when you want a feel good book. Enjoy I certainly did!
on July 26, 2017
I agree with the other readers. I purchased a Kindle to be able to read and save the trees. Now Kindle is going to "review" what books will become available on the Kindle? I don't think so, can I have a refund? If you aren't going to offer the books why have a Kindle? Five hundred dollars was a lot to invest and not be able to get the latest in books.

I have had my Kindle since September 2009. I love it and never go anywhere without it. If this continues perhaps I might need to sell it on Craigslist.
on July 20, 2010
I'm a big fan of Nora Roberts and this series is one of her better ones. Book 3 wasn't lacking, and was as good as I'd imagined it to be. Ms. Roberts has such a way with words, that I'm not sure that I've ever read a bad Nora Roberts books, even though you could say that the plot, and all that went with this was "predictable," she has a way of writing that allows you to really "know" the characters and feel happy, sad, mad, etc., so to me, that's what makes a good writer.

Ms. Roberts delivered on this one, #3 in the Bride Quartet series, and I can hardly wait for the last one to come out. I hope it doesn't end there, because each character is rich and alive on the pages, that so much more can be said and done, that she could write forever about these individuals.

A lighthearted read, easy, fun, and worth it. Thank you for reading my review.
on May 6, 2010
It's unfair to punish the author with bad reviews for something she didn't have anything to do with. Reality check for all you haters: you can go out and buy the paperback any time, or order it online and get it the next day. I live in Mexico. I can't just go out and buy a new release. Most books don't even make it here, and those that do are very expensive. Imagine paying more than $15 for a paperback that costs $7.99 at Borders!
I can order books online from Amazon, but the shipping fees are very high, the books take almost 3 weeks to arrive, and then they are held hostage in a little post office in a dangerous neighborhood until you pick them up, after paying whatever more is due on the package. Did I mention I live in Mexico CITY? Not some provincial little town in the middle of nowhere.
My husband gave me a Kindle for Christmas. It was the best gift ever! I can get my books right away at a reasonable price. Was I waiting impatiently for Savour the Moment? Of course. Was I disappointed I didn't get it right away? A little, but I have a higher tolerance to frustration than some other reviewers. Am I thrilled beyond belief to finally get it (gasp!) 9 days after the paper version hit the stands? You bet! For me, that's almost like getting it hot off the press.
So, ladies? Count your blessings, and don't punish Nora, and yourselves, by not buying the book. It's like cutting off your nose to spite your face. You'll miss out on a wonderful, classic Nora Roberts story.
on January 24, 2016
This story seemed to lack an overarching narrative. Yeah long term friends decide to explore a relationship however where was the passion? Where was the moment when the relationship shifted and why? This book certainly spent a large amount of time describing cake making and decorating. I would have preferred more time spent reading about the changes in the relationship between Laural and Del. it's fun to read about the changes the couple experiences with the major shift in their affections to hot torrid, fabulous sex and wanting to spend every moment with that person. There was no such magic.
on May 20, 2010
Well, yes it is. Somewhat.

The third book in Nora Roberts' Bride Quartet series - out of four, which will conclude at the end of the year - focuses on wedding cake baker, Laurel McBane, and Delaney Brown. Del is the older brother of Laurel's business partner and best friend (one of them), Parker.

As explained before, Parker, Emma, Mac, and Laurel were childhood friends of varying backgrounds who grew up and established Vows, a wedding service. Book #1 focused on Mac. Book #2 focused on Emma. Now comes Book #3, featuring Laurel and Del.

Laurel has harbored a crush on Del since they were teens. To her frustration and annoyance, however, Del looks upon Mac, Emma, AND Laurel as quasi sisters, much like with Parker, and seems clueless as to Laurel's non-sisterly feelings. That is, until Laurel gets tired of Del's high handed brother act and kisses him during an argument.

What follows is Del trying to reconcile his first notion as a big brother caretaker versus his slow realization that he wants Laurel as a woman and not some little sister.

As some reviews here have said, there's not much conflict except for Del's past at looking at Laurel through a sibling like filter...and Laurel's worrying about the differences in their socioeconomic backgrounds and not feeling like she measures up.

The sex scenes and romance altogether are written well, and I did like Laurel/Del. But, while I did like them, the chemistry seems a bit "off" versus the first two books, to me. For me, I cannot pinpoint the issue, as I did ultimately enjoy them, but I do feel that Mac and Emma's stories had more oomph to them. Still, this is perfect for a beach read or just passing some long summer days with.

As with the prior books, the reader also gets glimpses into what is to come, and Parker/Malcolm (Mal) are no exception. So it will be interesting to see if they live up to the potential that is superficially explored within Del and Laurel's story within their own story, coming in November.

So while this book is not my favorite of the series, neither is it not enjoyable. And chemistry being subjective, others may see more fire than I did. Again, though, it is enjoyable. For romance novels, that is what counts.
on January 16, 2014
This book is the same as the others, that being said, this one evolves around the Vows baker, and all that she has to do to make the weddings fabulous and perfect, from sample cakes, chocolates and of course the 5 layer cakes with all of them having the theme that the bridal party wants to make the wedding perfect.
Add to that is her own romance intertwined in the book along with all of the baking and frostings and cake fillings, my goodness, she is a cake Goddess and fabulous at what she contributes to the "Vows" quartet of girlfriends that make up the Vows wedding planners and keeping everything coordinated to minutes to make it all come to fruition.
Great reading and gives one an inside look that goes into the wedding planning business...exhausting, to say the least, and the love that these four girls have for one another from their childhoods, to say the most.