Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning kidsevergreen kidsevergreen kidsevergreen  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 158 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 173 reviews
on August 18, 2014
Best Repellent in the Market!!!!

I went to the Dominican Republic with my family and friends for two weeks and, as you may know, a mosquito disease called Chikungunya is affecting a lot of islands badly; I was very concerned and purchased 5 different repellents with the hope to avoid mosquito bites, especially for my daughter; the first few hours I used a natural insect repellent and my daughter got a bite! and then changed the repellent to this Sawyer Controlled Deet Lotion and: WORKED!!! as the deet is encapsulated, it did not harm me or my family...it leaves your skin glowing; please, apply a lot of this in your feet, neck, arms, under the ears, etc; My daughter never received a bite in the entire trip! I can't thank Sawyer enough for this wonderful repellent!!!! now I can travel with the peace of mind that my family will be protected! my other sister also purchased this and they did not get any bites too; I highly reccommend this product and this will be my number one item to bring in my next trips!
on June 28, 2017
My wife is a bug magnet. Many conventional bug sprays fail to keep the mosquitoes away from her for a significant amount of time. This is the one product that we've found that works for her. It keeps the bugs away for hours and the lotion application is very convenient. We are on our second bottle and this will always be our go to insect repellent.
on May 18, 2016
This works. And there is not a strong odor. Yes, you can smell the chemicals when you rub this in but the odor only lasts about 30 min. I applied some citronella essential oil as my "perfume" while wearing this. That was a great combo. We went to Tulum Mexico. My boyfriend did not get even one bite the entire 5 days we were there. I got bit once but that is only because one evening I forgot to re-apply. The bottle states that it last 11 hours. I would say it is more like 6-8 hours. Re-apply every 6 hours to be safe. But this works. I am ALLERGIC to mosquitoes. Every exposed square inch of my body in the past has been bit with very little sign of any mosquito near. I have been to the ER in times past. I have had fevers with out contracting an infectious disease. The bites turn dark purple... but most of all.... they just love me. To come out of Tulum Mexico with only one bite.... THIS STUFF WORKS!
on October 1, 2011
Living in East Africa, we use bug repellant almost on a daily basis. This is the best repellant we have found and many of our friends agree. It is not sticky or smelly. AND it works.
on June 15, 2017
Very little scent and I think it works very well to keep bugs from biting. However, the lotion is a weird consistency. I'm not sure if I got an old bottle or perhaps it reacted to the heat in shipping, but it separated into a very thick clear gel (like petroleum jelly) and a very thin white liquid. Once I opened it up and stirred it with a q-tip, it got a little better but still separates easily and makes me worry that the bottle will leak if I pack it for travel. But at home, works very well with mosquitos and is not unpleasant to apply, like a lot of sprays.
on October 26, 2015
If you buy this repellent open the bottles and check immediately!
heck the consistency. This lotion used to be wonderful, but in recent years has started to separate after a short time. I've been throwing out bottles that are 1/2-3/4 full because the lotion becomes lumpy and can't be fixed by shaking. Actually still works well as a repellent or I would have stopped buying it at all. It is just awful to use.

My most recent order is like watered down skim milk with a very few small articles of hard substance it it. Shaking does not help it. I would return it all if I could, but I'm out of the country, relying in this repellent for protection from malaria and dengue. Won't return until after the return policy expires.
on March 24, 2017
I did not like this product because it is thicker than I'd like and is NOT odorless.. It has a strong scent that is unpleasant.
on November 22, 2016
Worked great with Sawyer SPF Sun Product. I needed a bug off that would work with sun screen the vendor communicates this sun tan lotion works with it and it does. I love this sun tan lotion as it goes on smooth and clear with no smell. The bug stuff the same with no smell. This is now a required item in my house for both products.
on June 5, 2016
I read all the reviews before purchasing this product, so I was surprised that it didn't work for me. I live in Georgia and love to work in the yard where mosquitoes are abundant. I put plenty of this lotion on my arms and legs and was surprised to watch 3 mosquitoes land on my legs and bite me, only 2 hours after application. I hadn't been sweating or gotten wet, so I know the lotion was still full strength. The lotion didn't seem old, smooth consistency, light smell. So disappointed.
on July 9, 2016
It depends with this product. I always order the Family Controlled Release cream which is great, the only thing to stop black fly from biting me. But other times a different bottle arrives called just Controlled release (even thought I order the family one) and this is like water, still seems to work but so wasteful as it gushes out. So for the family control I'd give this a 5 star but for fact that I don't always get what I order I've only given 3 stars

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.