|Fits as expected||
|Price:||$19.04 & FREE Shipping|
- 100% Cotton
- Hand Wash
- Cotton hat featuring optional fold-over brim and tonal-stitched band with oval logo plaque
- Adjustable inner drawstring
- UPF 50+ rating
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Women's Scala big brim cotton hat with inner drawstring
This Scala Collezione wide brim cotton hat is great for your days in the sun since it has a UPF rating of 50+. Stylish and practical is synonymous with this hat.
- Product Dimensions: 14.3 x 6.2 x 0.4 inches
- Shipping Weight: 5.6 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B0029F26EM
- Item model number: LC399
- Date first available at Amazon.com: November 17, 2009
- Domestic Shipping: This item is also available for shipping to select countries outside the U.S.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
Top Customer Reviews
The weave of the fabric makes it look like linen, and according to the tag, it provides SPF 50+. The brim is nice and wide, made out of a somewhat stiff canvas that holds its shape if you bend it. There's no wire in the brim, but it must be starched because it holds a variety of shapes. The hat is also fantastic for traveling: you can pack and fold it into a small space, and it will still look great when you pull it out -- just smooth out the wrinkles and off you go!
The best feature of this hat is its versatility:
* Flaunt your classy country-club style while gardening, golfing, or attending a tennis match by turning up the outer edge of the brim, like the photo shows.
* Look effortlessly chic at an outdoor brunch or on a Caribbean cruise by turning down the outer edge of this hat, which makes it look like Audrey Hepburn's famous wide-brimmed chapeau.
* Create an artsy bohemian look by crinkling up a few inches of the brim on one side, a little off-center, while leaving the rest of the brim turned down like the Audrey. (My personal fave.)
* Get that 1990s "Blossom" look -- or, similarly, a Cape Cod rain hat -- by folding the brim so it points up in the front and down in the back.Read more ›
--Loosely roll it up and stick in in your purse and it comes out looking just as good as when it went in.
--The drawstring allows you to custom fit the hat to your own head--such a great feature when you live along windy beaches like I do.
--the brim is just the right size around, so it shields you well from the sun but does not look ridiculous. In fact, similar hats with smaller brims end up looking too casual, too 1990's GAP. This one just looks elegant.
--machine washable! I washed mine in cold and hung it dry, and it is literally as good as new.
--as other commenters have pointed out, you can wear the brim in many different ways.
So, the bottom line is that it is really comfortable, looks great dressed up or dressed down, and is so easy to take with and take care of. It is well made and worth every penny.
I wear a women's hat size L, and I frequently have difficulty finding a hat that is not too tight. This is far from it. In fact, I would say anyone who wears as S or M in a hat should probably pass on this one.
That said, I was disappointed in this hat. All the glowing reviews are well-deserved, I am sure, but I found the hat to be too casual, crinkled, and mis-shaped. Looking more closely at this hat, it's obvious that the quality in construction just isn't there, which partly contributes to the problem.
Sadly, it gets returned and the search for my perfect sun hat continues.
WARNING - Amazon is not honoring free returns on this item. Be prepared to contact them for return shipping credit.
The hat isn't washable and it can get a little hot. I am concerned that the white hat band inside will get dirty quickly since it isn't washable. Despite that, I will probably order more in other colors.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Great coverage and fit fairly snug. It has a tie on the inside to pull and make it tighter if need be. Read morePublished 1 day ago by Diane Gray
I really like my new hat. It arrived a bit late for me to use on my beach vacation, but that was my fault. Read morePublished 1 day ago by sonya jerome
Stiffer than I was expecting. I imagine it will loosen over time, but if not I don't care as its a great shape. Very flatteringPublished 2 days ago by Alison J Taylor
superb hat. Well made, good quality, bought several colors, and I don't usually like to wear hats. The only problem I have (with most hats) it keeps warm, and this one is a thicker... Read morePublished 3 days ago by Ana
I was expecting to love this hat. I don't. It's very wrinkled and not flattering due to the shape and wide brim.Published 5 days ago by ellen