Truck Reviews Beauty Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on December 14, 2013
In 1996 I went to Hawaii and I needed a hat, so I picked this exact hat up in the gift shop at the gorgeous beachfront condo we stayed at in Kaanipali beach on Maui. I wore it the whole trip, by the pool, at the beach, hiking, shopping, walking around, riding mopeds, exploring, celebrating, you name it.

I wore the same hat for years and years. This hat is so versatile. I can tie a scarf around it or just wear it with the raffia rope tied around the brim This was my favorite hat for years. It traveled around the world and went back to Hawaii several times with me over 15 years. I literally wore it until it fell apart. And it looked good until the end. It's a flattering style and.I received compliments almost every time I wore it it.

When the end finally came and my favorite hat could no longer protect my fair skin from the harsh southern California sun, I scanned the barely legible inner label with my magnifying glass to find the name "Scala". I then searched Amazon (which had not even been invented when I first bought this hat in Hawaii...modern technology is a beautiful thing) and I quickly located another exactly identical hat.

It wasn't cheap in Hawaii when I first got it but nothing is ever cheap on the islands. I could have bought a million other hats and none of them would last like this one did. It is a miracle how long it lasted with the amount of abuse I gave it. And when I bought it the second time on Amazon in 2011, it was about the same price or maybe even a few bucks less.

I must admit I have a large head and wear a large hat. So I feel really comfortable in this hat and it fits me exactly. But the string around the brim is somewhat adjustable if you need a tighter fit. Or there is also a Petite size I see advertised.. i certainly don't need Petite! I'm just saying it's there if you do.

You should get this hat because it is stylish, classy, practical and best of all it keeps the sun off your face and neck.
25 people found this helpful
|22 comments|Report abuse
on May 26, 2013
I always wear a hat in the sun. This hat is the most perfect imaginable, comfortable beyond belief. I have been searching for a replacement for over a year, nothing came close. Now today I saw it and swooned, finally found it! My other one is so old and ragged, you just can't imagine, I have squashed it, tossed it, packed it and kept it in the trunk of my car while traveling sometimes underneath a suitcase. It has always bounced back! You made my day AND year by selling it in your inventory. I am thrilled, can't wait to receive it.
2 people found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse
on September 7, 2012
I have had a hat like this for many years, it is my trade mark in the garden, on the beach, on long walks, in fact anywhere the searing Alabama sun is shining. I have lots of different colored scarves I tie round the brim to match the mood I am in. I never go anywhere without it. It packs beautifully. The only thing is, it does not wash very well. Since it is several years old and has traveled thousands of miles with me I thought I would give it a wash a couple of months ago. Big mistake! Now instead of the perky brim which I could shape any way I wanted, it droops badly with no body in it at all to keep the brim up. So I am getting another. Hope this is as good as the last. Lovely hat.

Update:- This new hat is larger than my old one, for me it is a bit on the big side, so I have reinforced the band inside with felt, fits a treat now.
17 people found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.