|Item Weight||3.2 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||3.5 x 0.9 x 1.8 inches|
|Item model number||425801|
|Manufacturer Part Number||425801|
3 Year Asurion Home Audio & Video Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- Covers power surge and other mechanical and electrical breakdowns.
- No deductibles or hidden fees. Free shipping on all repairs. Fully transferable.
- Easy claims process online or by phone 24/7. If we can't fix it, we will send you an Amazon e-Card for full replacement value.
- Coverage begins date of purchase and is inclusive of the manufacturer's warranty. Plan is fully refunded if canceled within 30 days.
- Plan contract will be emailed from Asurion within 48 hours of purchase. This will not ship with your product.
ScanTool 425801 OBDLink SX USB: Professional OBD-II Scan Tool for Windows
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Transform your Windows PC, laptop, or tablet into a professional-grade automotive scan tool (not compatible with Apple iOS devices)
- Save time and money by reading and clearing 'check engine' and trouble codes yourself, and determine the problem before consulting a mechanic
- Free license key for OBDwiz software
- 3-year manufacturer warranty, plus free firmware and software upgrades
- Works on all 1996+ cars and light trucks sold in the United States (except hybrid or electric vehicles)
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Compare with similar items
OHP Ford ELMconfig USB device 500kbit/s ELM327 compatible interface with MS-CAN switch for Forscan FoCCCus Mazda OBD2 diagnostics
BlueDriver Bluetooth Professional OBDII Scan Tool for iPhone, iPad & Android
BAFX Products Bluetooth Diagnostic OBDII Reader / Scanner for Android Devices
ScanTool 426101 OBDLink MX Bluetooth: Professional OBD-II Scan Tool for Android & Windows
OBD OBD2 OBDii Scan tool OBD 2 Scanner USB OBD Car Code Reader OBDATOR ELM 327 V 1.5 Check Engine Light Diagnostic OBD II Scan Tool Cable
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||OHP Tools||Lemur Vehicle Monitors||BAFX Products||Amazon.com||obdator|
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
OBDLink SX will quickly and accurately diagnose engine problems and provide real-time engine data. All you need is a 1996 or newer vehicle and a Windows tablet or laptop with a USB port, and you have a sophisticated, yet easy-to-use diagnostics system. Get all the features of a more expensive standalone scanner, plus the unparalleled graphics the latest OBDwiz software provides.
OBDLink SX is the basic plug-and-play scan tool designed for the budget-minded do-it-yourself mechanic. Powerful hardware and advanced, upgradeable firmware make SX the successor to the popular ElmScan 5 scan tool. OBDLink SX is a breeze to install and configure. It is fully OBD-II compliant, and connects with more cars than any scan tool on the market. SX includes a license key for OBDwiz, diagnostics software which allows you to:
- Turn off check engine light and erase stored diagnostic information.
- Read and erase trouble codes (both generic and manufacturer-specific, over 7000 codes in database).
- Provide useful links to online database that provides trouble code descriptions and causes.
- Freeze frame takes a snapshot of your system the moment a trouble code is triggered.
- Display, graph, and log 90+ real-time parameters - life-like onscreen gauges to see more than what the manufacturer provides.
- Create your own gauge layout custom screens, measure and display fuel economy - instant feedback teaches drivers fuel economy skills.
From the manufacturer
OBDLink SX USB: Professional OBD-II Scan Tool for Windows
Connect With Your Car Like Never Before
OBDLink SX can be used as a diagnostic scan tool, trip computer*, logger, and real-time performance monitor. All you need is a 1996 or newer vehicle and a Windows PC with a USB port, and you have a sophisticated, yet easy-to-use diagnostics system. OBDLink SX is a breeze to install and configure and features unparalleled performance, intelligent sleep mode, exceptional third-party software support, free lifetime firmware and software updates, and a modest price tag.
Includes Exclusive OBDwiz PC Diagnostics Software
OBDLink SX includes a free license key for OBDwiz PC diagnostics software for Windows PCs, laptops, and netbooks, which works exclusively with OBDLink products. OBDwiz is packed with outstanding features that make it easy to access, graph, log and export real-time engine data. You can also clear the 'Check Engine Light', read all diagnostic trouble codes and research them online, check emissions test readiness, and calculate instantaneous and average MPG. Want more gauges? Create a custom live dashboard directly on your screen!
Maximum Vehicle Coverage
OBDLink SX works with all 1996 and newer cars and light trucks sold in the United States (except hybrid or electric vehicles). It also supports EOBD, JOBD, and all other international variants of OBD-II. The OBDLink proprietary connection algorithm enables SX to connect to more OBD-compliant makes and models than any other scan tool.
- Maximum vehicle coverage.
- Automatic sleep and wake-up.
- Free license key for Windows PC diagnostic software.
- Free firmware updates.
- More 3rd party software options.
- 3-year manufacturer warranty.
- Supports some Android phones and tablets*.
- Supports Windows PC, laptops and tablets.
- Note: Apple iOS devices are not compatible.
- Note: This product is not compatible with hybrid or electric vehicles.
- *Device must be using Android 3.1 or higher and support USB host mode. A USB OTG ('On the Go') cable is required to connect OBDLink SX (not included with purchase). Before purchasing SX for use with an Android, make sure phone or tablet meets these requirements.
Why Should I Buy OBDLink Instead of a Generic ELM327 Adapter?
OBDLink SX , delivered more data samples per second. The unparalleled response times let you enjoy detailed graphs and logs, plus ultra-smooth, realistic virtual gauges. Only OBDLink SX has overvoltage protection, which keeps it from catching on fire during a load dump condition. It automatically goes to sleep when not in use, saving you the trouble of dealing with a dead car battery. OBDLink SX comes with a 3-year warranty and lifetime software and firmware upgrades. In summary, OBDLink provides the absolute best value for your money.
|OBDLink SX USB||OBDLink MX Bluetooth||OBDLink LX Bluetooth||OBDLink MX Wi-Fi|
|Supports all OBD-II protocols||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Support Single-Wire CAN (GMLAN) & Ford Medium-Speed CAN (MS-CAN)||✓||✓|
|Bluetooth v3.0 interface||✓||✓|
|Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g interface||✓|
|BatterySaver sleep mode||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Works with all Android devices||✓||✓||✓|
|Works will all Apple (iOS) devices||✓|
|Works will all Windows devices||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Hacker-proof security mechanism||✓||✓||✓|
Customers also shopped for
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
However if you already had that capabilty and you want to expand your capabilties the choice is not so clear cut. Many of the enhanced features are actually delivered with the software but you will need to purchase an upgrade for $39 to activate them. These advanced features will allow you to track and gather information on a number of vehicles. You can also plot graphs with more than one input (i.e. fuel economy, speed, and RPM all on one graph). This upgrade is easy and quick however it will cost you.
Note - when you are done testing I would strongly recoment that you execute the "Disconnect" function before exiting the software or you may have an unhappy vehicle on your hands (I set the ABS light and had low fuel warings).
There is a lot to like however there are some areas where improvments would be welcome. I will attempt to elaborate on both.
Easy to use.
Data Logging capabilities.
Responsive technical support (via email).
Does not follow Windows conventions (i.e. printing under file option for example).
Poorly documented (very limited information inder Help).
No on line Manual.
Limited information on their Web Site.
Google OBDWiz, their site is the first one, see what they have to offer. I exported the data to Open Office Calc (similar to MS Excel), and created the charts attached from the data. You need to be familiar with a spreadsheet software in order to do this! OBDWiz will show you instantaneous graphs while you are running the test, but if you want more than a few seconds worth of info, I don't think it will show you
(I could be wrong, I just started playing with this)
2002 Subaru Outback 2.5
P0420 code "Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold"
I just replaced my forward and back O2 sensors with Bosch three months ago, so I was pissed. I also just passed emmisions a couple weeks ago, so I was really baffled. First thing I always do on a P0420 is run two tanks of gas with fuel injector cleaner. It didn't help.
This system allowed me to monitor my O2s and other systems. When I saw my fuel trim was running lean, I listened to my injectors (long screwdriver from injector to ear) more closely. While they are all working, one doesn't "click" nearly as loud as the others, so I am assuming it isn't closing properly, and therefor leaking gas into the cylinder. I picked up a used injector (c'mon, car has 230k miles on it, and I'm cheap), and will try that, and hopefully remember to update this review.
UPDATE: I replaced the "quieter" injector with a used one, and the car ran terrible for the first 3-4 short and medium trips. I think this is the computer re-calibrating for the new operation of the car (fixed injector, correct amount of fuel). Then, it suddenly started running great, great power, smooth idle, I hadn't realized how poor it was before!
So yeah, this tool helped me to identify a leaking injector, after injector treatment and O2 replacement failed to correct the problem. No more p0420 code, and no more smell (before, I had to disconnect the smoke alarm in my garage, cuz firing up my car would set it off). Definitely two thumbs up, more if I had them!
Attached are graphs of my car after a week of operating with the new (used) injector (last three photos). I lost data contact between 100-300 seconds (my bad, I exited the car, and bumped the connector, didn't notice until I got back in), so ignore the flatlines there.
This adapter has the proper chip & interface implementation with higher speed capabilities for performing real-time diagnostic functions.
FORScan is a software scanner for Ford, Mazda, Lincoln and Mercury vehicles, and a free download for Windows. It can do the 'Injector Buzz' and CCT (cylinder contribution) tests, which are specific to the 7.3 and 6.0 PCM. Furthermore, it will also monitor and display PerDel (Percent Deceleration of crankshaft) for each cylinder, which is extremely helpful for diagnosing a variety of issues with Ford Powerstroke engines.
The software can monitor all sensors in real-time. e.g. ICP, IPR, EOT, ECT, voltages, etc. It has logging, graphing (O-scope) and other features.
Windows 7/8/10 (plus Linux, Android OSX, iOS) drivers for this adapter:
ftdichip.com (look for 'D2XX' drivers)
FORScan diagnostic software:
Most recent customer reviews
funtion perfect in my honda 8th gen.