|Item Weight||3.2 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||3.5 x 0.9 x 1.8 inches|
|Item model number||425801|
|Manufacturer Part Number||425801|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
4 Year Home Audio & Video Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- Covers failures due to power surge and other mechanical and electrical breakdowns.
- No deductibles or hidden fees. Shipping included on all repairs. Fully transferable.
- Easy claims process online 24/7. If we can't fix it, we will send you an Amazon e-Card reimbursement for your product purchase price.
- Plan term and select coverage begins date of purchase and is inclusive of the manufacturer's warranty. All other coverage begins after the manufacturer's warranty expires. Plan is fully refunded if canceled within 30 days.
- Plan contract will be emailed from Asurion within 24 hours of purchase. This will not ship with your product.
ScanTool 425801 OBDLink SX USB: Professional OBD-II Scan Tool for Windows
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Transform your Windows PC, laptop, or tablet into a professional-grade automotive scan tool (not compatible with Apple iOS devices)
- Save time and money by reading and clearing 'check engine' and trouble codes yourself, and determine the problem before consulting a mechanic
- Free license key for OBDwiz software
- 3-year manufacturer warranty, plus free firmware and software upgrades
- Works on all 1996+ cars and light trucks sold in the United States (except hybrid or electric vehicles)
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
OBDLink SX will quickly and accurately diagnose engine problems and provide real-time engine data. All you need is a 1996 or newer vehicle and a Windows tablet or laptop with a USB port, and you have a sophisticated, yet easy-to-use diagnostics system. Get all the features of a more expensive standalone scanner, plus the unparalleled graphics the latest OBDwiz software provides.
OBDLink SX is the basic plug-and-play scan tool designed for the budget-minded do-it-yourself mechanic. Powerful hardware and advanced, upgradeable firmware make SX the successor to the popular ElmScan 5 scan tool. OBDLink SX is a breeze to install and configure. It is fully OBD-II compliant, and connects with more cars than any scan tool on the market. SX includes a license key for OBDwiz, diagnostics software which allows you to:
- Turn off check engine light and erase stored diagnostic information.
- Read and erase trouble codes (both generic and manufacturer-specific, over 7000 codes in database).
- Provide useful links to online database that provides trouble code descriptions and causes.
- Freeze frame takes a snapshot of your system the moment a trouble code is triggered.
- Display, graph, and log 90+ real-time parameters - life-like onscreen gauges to see more than what the manufacturer provides.
- Create your own gauge layout custom screens, measure and display fuel economy - instant feedback teaches drivers fuel economy skills.
From the manufacturer
OBDLink SX USB: Professional OBD-II Scan Tool for Windows
Connect With Your Car Like Never Before
OBDLink SX can be used as a diagnostic scan tool, trip computer*, logger, and real-time performance monitor. All you need is a 1996 or newer vehicle and a Windows PC with a USB port, and you have a sophisticated, yet easy-to-use diagnostics system. OBDLink SX is a breeze to install and configure and features unparalleled performance, intelligent sleep mode, exceptional third-party software support, free lifetime firmware and software updates, and a modest price tag.
Includes Exclusive OBDwiz PC Diagnostics Software
OBDLink SX includes a free license key for OBDwiz PC diagnostics software for Windows PCs, laptops, and netbooks, which works exclusively with OBDLink products. OBDwiz is packed with outstanding features that make it easy to access, graph, log and export real-time engine data. You can also clear the 'Check Engine Light', read all diagnostic trouble codes and research them online, check emissions test readiness, and calculate instantaneous and average MPG. Want more gauges? Create a custom live dashboard directly on your screen!
Maximum Vehicle Coverage
OBDLink SX works with all 1996 and newer cars and light trucks sold in the United States (except hybrid or electric vehicles). It also supports EOBD, JOBD, and all other international variants of OBD-II. The OBDLink proprietary connection algorithm enables SX to connect to more OBD-compliant makes and models than any other scan tool.
- Maximum vehicle coverage.
- Automatic sleep and wake-up.
- Free license key for Windows PC diagnostic software.
- Free firmware updates.
- More 3rd party software options.
- 3-year manufacturer warranty.
- Supports some Android phones and tablets*.
- Supports Windows PC, laptops and tablets.
- Note: Apple iOS devices are not compatible.
- Note: This product is not compatible with hybrid or electric vehicles.
- *Device must be using Android 3.1 or higher and support USB host mode. A USB OTG ('On the Go') cable is required to connect OBDLink SX (not included with purchase). Before purchasing SX for use with an Android, make sure phone or tablet meets these requirements.
Why Should I Buy OBDLink Instead of a Generic ELM327 Adapter?
OBDLink SX , delivered more data samples per second. The unparalleled response times let you enjoy detailed graphs and logs, plus ultra-smooth, realistic virtual gauges. Only OBDLink SX has overvoltage protection, which keeps it from catching on fire during a load dump condition. It automatically goes to sleep when not in use, saving you the trouble of dealing with a dead car battery. OBDLink SX comes with a 3-year warranty and lifetime software and firmware upgrades. In summary, OBDLink provides the absolute best value for your money.
|OBDLink SX USB||OBDLink MX Bluetooth||OBDLink LX Bluetooth||OBDLink MX Wi-Fi|
|Supports all OBD-II protocols||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Support Single-Wire CAN (GMLAN) & Ford Medium-Speed CAN (MS-CAN)||✓||✓|
|Bluetooth v3.0 interface||✓||✓|
|Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g interface||✓|
|BatterySaver sleep mode||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Works with all Android devices||✓||✓||✓|
|Works will all Apple (iOS) devices||✓|
|Works will all Windows devices||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Hacker-proof security mechanism||✓||✓||✓|
Customers also shopped for
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
This adapter has the proper chip & interface implementation with higher speed capabilities for performing real-time diagnostic functions.
FORScan is a software scanner for Ford, Mazda, Lincoln and Mercury vehicles, and a free download for Windows. It can do the 'Injector Buzz' and CCT (cylinder contribution) tests, which are specific to the 7.3 and 6.0 PCM. Furthermore, it will also monitor and display PerDel (Percent Deceleration of crankshaft) for each cylinder, which is extremely helpful for diagnosing a variety of issues with Ford Powerstroke engines.
The software can monitor all sensors in real-time. e.g. ICP, IPR, EOT, ECT, voltages, etc. It has logging, graphing (O-scope) and other features.
Windows 7/8/10 (plus Linux, Android OSX, iOS) drivers for this adapter:
ftdichip.com (look for 'D2XX' drivers)
FORScan diagnostic software:
However if you already had that capabilty and you want to expand your capabilties the choice is not so clear cut. Many of the enhanced features are actually delivered with the software but you will need to purchase an upgrade for $39 to activate them. These advanced features will allow you to track and gather information on a number of vehicles. You can also plot graphs with more than one input (i.e. fuel economy, speed, and RPM all on one graph). This upgrade is easy and quick however it will cost you.
Note - when you are done testing I would strongly recoment that you execute the "Disconnect" function before exiting the software or you may have an unhappy vehicle on your hands (I set the ABS light and had low fuel warings).
There is a lot to like however there are some areas where improvments would be welcome. I will attempt to elaborate on both.
Easy to use.
Data Logging capabilities.
Responsive technical support (via email).
Does not follow Windows conventions (i.e. printing under file option for example).
Poorly documented (very limited information inder Help).
No on line Manual.
Limited information on their Web Site.
I installed this under Win7(64) and went through the quick setup guide. The OBDWiz software would not connect to the device or my car, despite the lights being the proper color. I poked around on the forums and found that this appears to be a common issue perhaps having to do with an FTDI driver issue. I upgraded the driver and still no connection, so I gave up on this thing for a while, thinking I might try it on another vehicle soon. I upgraded to Win10. After that upgrade I tried it and the software wouldn't run. I uninstalled and reinstalled and still the software wouldn't run. I ended up searching and deleting an OBDWiz folder under C:\ProgramData and reinstalling the driver and the OBDWiz program.
I drove around and noticed (while stopped) that the RPM and Speed gauges along with some other info (coolant temperature, engine load) would update, but none of the (prominent) fuel consumption related gauges ever update. Poked around in the settings and couldn't figure out if there is a way to make it work. I am left not knowing what info is supported for (provided by) my vehicle (Saturn SC2) using this tool.
Overall, three stars for basic functionality and a customer friendly warranty.
I'd give it one star for documentation and the annoying FTDI driver issues
Five stars for data logging in CSV format for later graphing and analysis.
It does update PID's faster than the (very short-lived) ~$12 bluetooth dongle I bought, and promises more functionality if I pay extra for "premium software".
Most recent customer reviews
Update: tried to contact the manufacturer.....Read more