|Item Weight||3.2 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||3.5 x 0.9 x 1.8 inches|
|Item model number||425801|
|Manufacturer Part Number||425801|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
ScanTool 425801 OBDLink SX USB: Professional OBD-II Scan Tool for Windows
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Transform your Windows PC, laptop, or tablet into a professional-grade automotive scan tool (not compatible with Apple iOS devices)
- Save time and money by reading and clearing 'check engine' and trouble codes yourself, and determine the problem before consulting a mechanic
- Free license key for OBDwiz software
- 3-year manufacturer warranty, plus free firmware and software upgrades
- Works on all 1996+ cars and light trucks sold in the United States (except hybrid or electric vehicles)
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
OBDLink SX will quickly and accurately diagnose engine problems and provide real-time engine data. All you need is a 1996 or newer vehicle and a Windows tablet or laptop with a USB port, and you have a sophisticated, yet easy-to-use diagnostics system. Get all the features of a more expensive standalone scanner, plus the unparalleled graphics the latest OBDwiz software provides.
OBDLink SX is the basic plug-and-play scan tool designed for the budget-minded do-it-yourself mechanic. Powerful hardware and advanced, upgradeable firmware make SX the successor to the popular ElmScan 5 scan tool. OBDLink SX is a breeze to install and configure. It is fully OBD-II compliant, and connects with more cars than any scan tool on the market. SX includes a license key for OBDwiz, diagnostics software which allows you to:
- Turn off check engine light and erase stored diagnostic information.
- Read and erase trouble codes (both generic and manufacturer-specific, over 7000 codes in database).
- Provide useful links to online database that provides trouble code descriptions and causes.
- Freeze frame takes a snapshot of your system the moment a trouble code is triggered.
- Display, graph, and log 90+ real-time parameters - life-like onscreen gauges to see more than what the manufacturer provides.
- Create your own gauge layout custom screens, measure and display fuel economy - instant feedback teaches drivers fuel economy skills.
From the manufacturer
OBDLink SX USB: Professional OBD-II Scan Tool for Windows
Connect With Your Car Like Never Before
OBDLink SX can be used as a diagnostic scan tool, trip computer*, logger, and real-time performance monitor. All you need is a 1996 or newer vehicle and a Windows PC with a USB port, and you have a sophisticated, yet easy-to-use diagnostics system. OBDLink SX is a breeze to install and configure and features unparalleled performance, intelligent sleep mode, exceptional third-party software support, free lifetime firmware and software updates, and a modest price tag.
Includes Exclusive OBDwiz PC Diagnostics Software
OBDLink SX includes a free license key for OBDwiz PC diagnostics software for Windows PCs, laptops, and netbooks, which works exclusively with OBDLink products. OBDwiz is packed with outstanding features that make it easy to access, graph, log and export real-time engine data. You can also clear the 'Check Engine Light', read all diagnostic trouble codes and research them online, check emissions test readiness, and calculate instantaneous and average MPG. Want more gauges? Create a custom live dashboard directly on your screen!
Maximum Vehicle Coverage
OBDLink SX works with all 1996 and newer cars and light trucks sold in the United States (except hybrid or electric vehicles). It also supports EOBD, JOBD, and all other international variants of OBD-II. The OBDLink proprietary connection algorithm enables SX to connect to more OBD-compliant makes and models than any other scan tool.
- Maximum vehicle coverage.
- Automatic sleep and wake-up.
- Free license key for Windows PC diagnostic software.
- Free firmware updates.
- More 3rd party software options.
- 3-year manufacturer warranty.
- Supports some Android phones and tablets*.
- Supports Windows PC, laptops and tablets.
- Note: Apple iOS devices are not compatible.
- Note: This product is not compatible with hybrid or electric vehicles.
- *Device must be using Android 3.1 or higher and support USB host mode. A USB OTG ('On the Go') cable is required to connect OBDLink SX (not included with purchase). Before purchasing SX for use with an Android, make sure phone or tablet meets these requirements.
Why Should I Buy OBDLink Instead of a Generic ELM327 Adapter?
OBDLink SX , delivered more data samples per second. The unparalleled response times let you enjoy detailed graphs and logs, plus ultra-smooth, realistic virtual gauges. Only OBDLink SX has overvoltage protection, which keeps it from catching on fire during a load dump condition. It automatically goes to sleep when not in use, saving you the trouble of dealing with a dead car battery. OBDLink SX comes with a 3-year warranty and lifetime software and firmware upgrades. In summary, OBDLink provides the absolute best value for your money.
OBDLink SX USB
OBDLink MX Bluetooth
OBDLink LX Bluetooth
OBDLink MX Wi-Fi
|Supports all OBD-II protocols||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Support Single-Wire CAN (GMLAN) & Ford Medium-Speed CAN (MS-CAN)||✔||✔|
|Bluetooth v3.0 interface||✔||✔|
|Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g interface||✔|
|BatterySaver sleep mode||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Works with all Android devices||✔||✔||✔|
|Works will all Apple (iOS) devices||✔|
|Works will all Windows devices||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Hacker-proof security mechanism||✔||✔||✔|
Customers also shopped for
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The software was easy to download.
I was able to diagnose a specific cylinder misfire immediately. I then repaired the problem and truck runs great now.
I am not a mechanic by trade and therefor I would benefit from a tutorial on how to use the software more fully. there seems to be lots of features on the software that I just don't understand how to use and I cant seem to find a video or set of instructions on how to use it for anything other than code reading and digital gauges. I like not having to worry about internet connection which make this item more desirable for me.
and it is much cheaper. Used this on two of my vehicles and a couple of friends/family already. This will do everything a handheld can do and then sum. And you also have the computer already to go (if you have internet access available) to look up and troubleshoot the code/s on the web. can also save your codes for later. And the best part is after you have fixed the problem (hopefully) you can clear the codes and get rid of the annoying "check engine" or "service engine soon" light. Very pleased and happy with this product. (so far ha....)