|Item Weight||1.12 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||1.8 x 0.9 x 2 inches|
|Item model number||426101|
|Manufacturer Part Number||426101|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
4 Year Asurion Home Audio & Video Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- Covers power surge and other mechanical and electrical breakdowns.
- No deductibles or hidden fees. Free shipping on all repairs. Fully transferable.
- Easy claims process online or by phone 24/7. If we can't fix it, we will send you an Amazon e-Card for full replacement value.
- Coverage begins date of purchase and is inclusive of the manufacturer's warranty. Plan is fully refunded if canceled within 30 days.
- Plan contract will be emailed from Asurion within 48 hours of purchase. This will not ship with your product.
ScanTool 426101 OBDLink MX Bluetooth: Professional OBD-II Scan Tool for Android & Windows
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Transform your phone, tablet, or PC into a professional-grade automotive scan tool (not compatible with Apple iOS devices)
- Safe to leave plugged in, won't drain your car's battery. Bluetooth-enabled PCs, Laptops, Netbooks (Windows XP SP2 and newer)
- Free Android app & Windows software (also compatible with 3rd party apps such as Torque and DashCommand)
- Works on all 1996+ cars and light trucks sold in the USA (except hybrid or electric vehicles)
- Supports all 5 OBD-II protocols, plus SW-CAN (GM) and MS-CAN (Ford)
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Compare with similar items
BAFX Products Bluetooth Diagnostic OBDII Reader / Scanner for Android Devices
BlueDriver Bluetooth Professional OBDII Scan Tool for iPhone, iPad & Android
OHP Ford ELMconfig USB device 500kbit/s ELM327 compatible interface with MS-CAN switch for Forscan FoCCCus Mazda OBD2 diagnostics
ScanTool 427201 OBDLink LX Bluetooth: Professional OBD-II Scan Tool for Android & Windows
ScanTool 425801 OBDLink SX USB: Professional OBD-II Scan Tool for Windows
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||BAFX Products||Lemur Vehicle Monitors||OHP Tools||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Engineered to accelerate performance over the Bluetooth link, OBDLink MX is up to four times faster than the closest competitor. The OBDLink MX Bluetooth OBD-II adapter provides access to SW-CAN & MS-CAN networks in addition to all legislated OBD-II protocols. Thanks to the unique BatterySaver technology you can rest assured that, unlike other OBD adapters, MX won't drain your battery if you leave it plugged in.
- Up to 4x faster than the closest competitor - MX accelerates apps and software up to 400%. Experience faster screen updates and more graph points.
- Supports SW-CAN & MS-CAN protocols - the only scan tool in its class that can access these proprietary GM & Ford networks in addition to the 5 standard OBD-II protocols.
- BatterySaver technology - MX's innovative sleep function lets you leave it plugged in without danger of draining your car's battery.
- Hacker-proof - utilises a unique multi-layered link security mechanism, eliminating the risk of unauthorized access.
- Read & clear check engine light - Check diagnostic codes yourself and make informed repair decisions.
- Works on smart phones, tablets, & PC's - Turn your Android or Window smart phone, tablet, laptop, or PC into a sophisticated diagnostics tool and performance monitor. (Note: Not compatible with Apple iOS products).
- Works on a wider range of vehicles - OBDLink's advanced algorithm enables MX to connect to more OBD-II compliant makes & models than any other scan tool.
- Free Android app & Windows diagnostics software - Includes exclusive OBDLink app for Android and OBDwiz licence for Windows.
- Superior compatibility - works with more 3rd party apps & software than any other adapter.
From the manufacturer
Connect With Your Car Like Never Before
OBDLink MX Bluetooth is recommended for Android and Windows PC
OBDLink MX is a diagnostic scan tool, trip computer, logger, and real-time performance monitor. This pocket-size adapter won't obstruct driver legroom and features unparalleled performance, intelligent sleep mode, hacker-proof security, exceptional third party app support, and free lifetime firmware and software updates.
The free OBDLink app is packed with outstanding features that make it easy to access, graph, log and export real-time engine data. Plus, your car's data can be directly downloaded or instantaneously uploaded and shared with others using DropBox.
There are never monthly subscription fees or data plans, in-app purchases, hidden costs, or ads.
*Note: The OBDLink app is not compatible with Windows phone 8. Please visit our official site for compatible 3rd party apps.
Supports OBD-II, Single-Wire CAN and Medium-Speed CAN
OBDLink MX provides wireless connectivity for all OBD-II protocols, plus advanced automotive networks commonly used in many late-model GM, Ford and Mazda vehicles. For supported GM models, you can control windows, door locks, and even remotely start your engine with the 3rd-party obdCANex Android app. On GM, Ford, and Mazda vehicles that use Single-Wire CAN or Medium-Speed CAN, you can also use enhanced PC diagnostic software like ScanXL to access ABS, airbag, and other systems that aren't available with an OBD-II-only interface.
- Maximum vehicle coverage
- World’s fastest Bluetooth OBD adapter
- Supports Single-Wire CAN (GMLAN)
- Supports Ford Medium-Speed CAN (MS-CAN)
- Automatic sleep & wake-up
- Free Android app and Windows diagnostic software
- Free firmware updates
- More 3rd party app & software options
- 3-year manufacturer warranty
- Supports Android phones and tablets
- Supports Windows PC, laptops & tablets
- Supports Windows Phone 8 & newer*
- Note: Apple iOS devices are not compatible
- Note: Hybrid or electric vehicles are not compatible
Exclusive OBDLink MX Bluetooth Features
Maximum Vehicle Coverage
OBDLink MX Bluetooth works with all 1996 and newer cars and light trucks sold in the United States (except hybrid or electric vehicles). The OBDLink proprietary connection algorithm enables MX to connect to more makes and models than any other scan tool. It also supports EOBD, JOBD, and all other international variants of OBD-II.
Exclusive Android App and Diagnostics Software
You can clear the 'Check Engine Light,' read all diagnostic trouble codes and research them online, check emissions test readiness, and calculate instantaneous and average MPG (and much more) with the free OBDLink app. It also includes a HUD option. Additionaly, you'll get the free OBDwiz diagnostics software for Windows PCs and laptops.
Exceptional Security Protection
OBDLink MX Bluetooth utilizes secure 128-bit data encryption, a sensible precaution to keep hackers from accessing your car's network. Unlike generic adapters, MX Bluetooth does not use an easy-to-guess PIN, or display the PIN publicly, protecting the communication link.
When you turn off your engine, MX Bluetooth goes to sleep and won't drain your car's battery. Its sophisticated triggers will wake up MX when you connect via Bluetooth, unlock doors, or crank the engine.
Advanced GM and Ford Support
GM-LAN and Ford-MSC provide access to hundreds of additional parameters. With third party apps, you can enable convenience features (including remote start and door lock/unlock) on select models.
Connects To More 3rd Party Apps
Allows you to use popular third party apps like DashCommand and Dash to unlock enhanced performance, cost savings, and social driving. obdCANex enables you to control door locks and remotely start the engine (on select vehicles)!
Up to 4x faster than the closest competitor. This increased throughput results in smooth, realistic virtual gauges and accurate, detailed graphs.
While OBD adapters come in many shapes and sizes, most of them (apart from OBDLink) are based on the ELM327 chip from Elm Electronics. Nobody owns the ELM327 trademark, so the devices carrying this label may be manufactured by any one of the dozens of small Chinese factories. As a result, there is a wide variance in design and build quality.
Why Should I Buy OBDLink Instead of a Generic Scan Tool?
Key Functionality Differences
1) Only OBDLink MX Bluetooth has overvoltage protection, which keeps it from catching on fire during a load dump condition.
2) MX Bluetooth automatically goes to sleep when not in use, saving you the trouble of dealing with a dead car battery.
3) Having been engineered to provide exceptional data throughput, MX accelerates apps by up to 250% and PC software by up to 300%. Experience faster screen updates and more graph points — an important feature, if you wish to graph multiple parameters or display a virtual dashboard.
4) Unlike the generic ELM327 adapters, MX Bluetooth uses strong encryption and neither broadcasts its presence, nor uses an easy-to-guess PIN (‘1234’ or ‘0000’) to protect the communication link. A potential hacker would require physical access to the device, in order to connect to it.
OBDLink MX Bluetooth ships in a nice retail box, with a 3-year warranty, and lifetime software and firmware upgrades. In summary, OBDLink provides the absolute best value for your money.
|OBDLink MX Bluetooth||OBDLink MX Wi-Fi||OBDLink LX Bluetooth||OBDLink SX USB|
|Supports all OBD-II protocols||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Supports Single-Wire CAN (GMLAN) & Ford Medium-Speed CAN (MS-CAN)||✓||✓|
|Bluetooth v3.0 interface||✓||✓|
|Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g interface||✓|
|BatterySaver sleep mode||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Works with all Android devices||✓||✓||✓||Device must be using Android 3.1+ & support USB host mode. An OTG ('On the Go') cable is required (not included).|
|Works with all Apple (iOS) devices||✓|
|Works with all Windows devices||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Hacker-proof security mechanism||✓||✓||✓|
Customers also shopped for
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
First I'll say that I've not been so excited to receive a package in the mail in 10+ YEARS...
Awesome job OBD Team! To the Product Managers who defined the "What and Why" ie requirments, to the engineers who coded for the "How", and I know Technical Support will LOVE the work that you've done redcuing the need to call support. BTW I'm just a paying customer and just so excited.
First I noticed the professional packaging which I immediately opened to find 1) iOS Quick Start Guide, 2) Android Quick Start Guide, 3) Windows Quick Start Guide, 4) the OBD MX Wi-Fi module in black which is what I pledged on KickStarter. Oh and a nice Thank you note that says "You are awesome! and singed by all of the team members Chris F, Vitaliy M. Joe B. Jason, Brian L, Vitaiy C, Artem C, Grady, Richard, Dave B. etc... A very nice feel good touch!
Ok: Now the setup.... IT WAS EASY and took less than 10 minutes. It would have taken a few minutes less if it did not have trouble during the initial connection after the wi-fi setup. I just followed the instructions that were included in the box. Workaround posted on ScanTool support forum is: "To get around this, change the device to custom and make sure the IP address is set to 192.168.0.10 and the port is 35000."
Once the connection was made between the MX Wi-Fi and my 4s, I clicked on the "Monitor" icon and viola (not Frank either) ;) I started seeing the engine diagnostics information.
It appears that the screens are customizable which means you can taylor them to your liking. I'm a bit of a tech geek and not an auto mechanic so I can speak to the details of all of the diag info. I'll post a few screen captures shortly.
Just a quick note that it will take a small amount of time to capture and average some of the data for example fuel consumption averages.
So at this point I have no cons to list other than I would have liked to have had the Green LX Bluetooth which was not an option at the time I pledged on KS. I'll be sure to provide any updates and if I run into any negatives.
One suggestion and it might already be an option which I've not looked. It would be nice to have a small 10-12 inch dongle with a clip (like unfolding a paperclip) that would position LED portion of the MX unit upward so that the user can see the LED's. As a product manager of a large fortune 100 co.. I'd be happy to share more usability feedback with OBDLink team. BTW This is just an auto industry flaw and we are victims of their 15 year old design / outlet location flaw.
Bottom line so far... worth every penny.
Apple iPhone 4s version 7.1.2 iOS
I suggest that you register at the vendors forum in case you have any questions on need support https://www.scantool.net/forum
No customer support by the maker, no phone or email address to get to them so stuck at least the whole weekend without it when I bought it for a reason
Via Bluetooth of tablet (also tried 2 laptops) , I select the obdlink MX, for pairing
When attempting to pair the Bluetooth on my tablet with MSwindows 10 home shows a passkey code after linking icon (MX module button was hit and blue light is fast flashing) and asks if it correct
I click no as the MX instructions say passkey code is 738930 for obdlink MX and pairing screen shows a different passkey code.
I click pair again and screen on table shows another different passkey, done this several times but not once does it show the passkey code above. each time shows a different code.
I also tried this on 2 other MSwindows 7 laptops that have Bluetooth on and get the same results that pairing for MX passkey code is not correct as above key
What is needed ? to get this pairing correct as without being able to do so this MX interface is useless
This is a 8 inch table with MSwindows 10 home, Bluetooth is functional as I have a mouse and a keyboard connected with Bluetooth
MX module says built July 21st this year.
I was also told this module can have firmware updated but the MX document is only a few pages and says nothing about this and if so how to do this ?
Found their forum but see many ask questions but no one answers/helps them :-(
OBDlink, respond ASAP or I will force a full refund
Update nine days later, OBDlink never solved the problems, they refuces to give a phone # or email address of support.
All they would state is to go on some forum for support
Questions customers post there are mostly ignored and rarely answered or helped, when support does reply the answers are basic, solves nothing and I assume they do not understand English and way different timezone then in USA
I had to solve both failures I had on my own and would highly suggest a " do not buy" this product which looks like is they do not make this product but rather OEM it from a company called OBD Solutions who will not support the MX BT of OBDlink ?
Most recent customer reviews
Maybe overkill if you only use it occasionally and clear codes as <$20 knockoff ones will do an ok-ish job at lower data rate.
Would have been good if it came with a manual.