|Item Weight||1.1 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||1.8 x 0.9 x 2 inches|
|Item model number||426101|
|Manufacturer Part Number||426101|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
ScanTool 426101 OBDLink MX Bluetooth: Professional OBD-II Scan Tool for Android & Windows
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Transform your phone, tablet, or PC into a professional-grade automotive scan tool (not compatible with Apple iOS devices)
- Safe to leave plugged in, won't drain your car's battery
- Free Android app & Windows software (also compatible with 3rd party apps such as Torque and DashCommand)
- Works on all 1996+ cars and light trucks sold in the USA (except hybrid or electric vehicles)
- Supports all 5 OBD-II protocols, plus SW-CAN (GM) and MS-CAN (Ford)
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Engineered to accelerate performance over the Bluetooth link, OBDLink MX is up to four times faster than the closest competitor. The OBDLink MX Bluetooth OBD-II adapter provides access to SW-CAN & MS-CAN networks in addition to all legislated OBD-II protocols. Thanks to the unique BatterySaver technology you can rest assured that, unlike other OBD adapters, MX won't drain your battery if you leave it plugged in.
- Up to 4x faster than the closest competitor - MX accelerates apps and software up to 400%. Experience faster screen updates and more graph points.
- Supports SW-CAN & MS-CAN protocols - the only scan tool in its class that can access these proprietary GM & Ford networks in addition to the 5 standard OBD-II protocols.
- BatterySaver technology - MX's innovative sleep function lets you leave it plugged in without danger of draining your car's battery.
- Hacker-proof - utilises a unique multi-layered link security mechanism, eliminating the risk of unauthorized access.
- Read & clear check engine light - Check diagnostic codes yourself and make informed repair decisions.
- Works on smart phones, tablets, & PC's - Turn your Android or Window smart phone, tablet, laptop, or PC into a sophisticated diagnostics tool and performance monitor. (Note: Not compatible with Apple iOS products).
- Works on a wider range of vehicles - OBDLink's advanced algorithm enables MX to connect to more OBD-II compliant makes & models than any other scan tool.
- Free Android app & Windows diagnostics software - Includes exclusive OBDLink app for Android and OBDwiz licence for Windows.
- Superior compatibility - works with more 3rd party apps & software than any other adapter.
From the manufacturer
Connect With Your Car Like Never Before
OBDLink MX Bluetooth is recommended for Android and Windows PC
OBDLink MX is a diagnostic scan tool, trip computer, logger, and real-time performance monitor. This pocket-size adapter won't obstruct driver legroom and features unparalleled performance, intelligent sleep mode, hacker-proof security, exceptional third party app support, and free lifetime firmware and software updates.
The free OBDLink app is packed with outstanding features that make it easy to access, graph, log and export real-time engine data. Plus, your car's data can be directly downloaded or instantaneously uploaded and shared with others using DropBox.
There are never monthly subscription fees or data plans, in-app purchases, hidden costs, or ads.
*Note: The OBDLink app is not compatible with Windows phone 8. Please visit our official site for compatible 3rd party apps.
Supports OBD-II, Single-Wire CAN and Medium-Speed CAN
OBDLink MX provides wireless connectivity for all OBD-II protocols, plus advanced automotive networks commonly used in many late-model GM, Ford and Mazda vehicles. For supported GM models, you can control windows, door locks, and even remotely start your engine with the 3rd-party obdCANex Android app. On GM, Ford, and Mazda vehicles that use Single-Wire CAN or Medium-Speed CAN, you can also use enhanced PC diagnostic software like ScanXL to access ABS, airbag, and other systems that aren't available with an OBD-II-only interface.
- Maximum vehicle coverage
- World’s fastest Bluetooth OBD adapter
- Supports Single-Wire CAN (GMLAN)
- Supports Ford Medium-Speed CAN (MS-CAN)
- Automatic sleep & wake-up
- Free Android app and Windows diagnostic software
- Free firmware updates
- More 3rd party app & software options
- 3-year manufacturer warranty
- Supports Android phones and tablets
- Supports Windows PC, laptops & tablets
- Supports Windows Phone 8 & newer*
- Note: Apple iOS devices are not compatible
- Note: Hybrid or electric vehicles are not compatible
Exclusive OBDLink MX Bluetooth Features
Maximum Vehicle Coverage
OBDLink MX Bluetooth works with all 1996 and newer cars and light trucks sold in the United States (except hybrid or electric vehicles). The OBDLink proprietary connection algorithm enables MX to connect to more makes and models than any other scan tool. It also supports EOBD, JOBD, and all other international variants of OBD-II.
Exclusive Android App and Diagnostics Software
You can clear the 'Check Engine Light,' read all diagnostic trouble codes and research them online, check emissions test readiness, and calculate instantaneous and average MPG (and much more) with the free OBDLink app. It also includes a HUD option. Additionaly, you'll get the free OBDwiz diagnostics software for Windows PCs and laptops.
Exceptional Security Protection
OBDLink MX Bluetooth utilizes secure 128-bit data encryption, a sensible precaution to keep hackers from accessing your car's network. Unlike generic adapters, MX Bluetooth does not use an easy-to-guess PIN, or display the PIN publicly, protecting the communication link.
When you turn off your engine, MX Bluetooth goes to sleep and won't drain your car's battery. Its sophisticated triggers will wake up MX when you connect via Bluetooth, unlock doors, or crank the engine.
Advanced GM and Ford Support
GM-LAN and Ford-MSC provide access to hundreds of additional parameters. With third party apps, you can enable convenience features (including remote start and door lock/unlock) on select models.
Connects To More 3rd Party Apps
Allows you to use popular third party apps like DashCommand and Dash to unlock enhanced performance, cost savings, and social driving. obdCANex enables you to control door locks and remotely start the engine (on select vehicles)!
Up to 4x faster than the closest competitor. This increased throughput results in smooth, realistic virtual gauges and accurate, detailed graphs.
While OBD adapters come in many shapes and sizes, most of them (apart from OBDLink) are based on the ELM327 chip from Elm Electronics. Nobody owns the ELM327 trademark, so the devices carrying this label may be manufactured by any one of the dozens of small Chinese factories. As a result, there is a wide variance in design and build quality.
Why Should I Buy OBDLink Instead of a Generic Scan Tool?
Key Functionality Differences
1) Only OBDLink MX Bluetooth has overvoltage protection, which keeps it from catching on fire during a load dump condition.
2) MX Bluetooth automatically goes to sleep when not in use, saving you the trouble of dealing with a dead car battery.
3) Having been engineered to provide exceptional data throughput, MX accelerates apps by up to 250% and PC software by up to 300%. Experience faster screen updates and more graph points — an important feature, if you wish to graph multiple parameters or display a virtual dashboard.
4) Unlike the generic ELM327 adapters, MX Bluetooth uses strong encryption and neither broadcasts its presence, nor uses an easy-to-guess PIN (‘1234’ or ‘0000’) to protect the communication link. A potential hacker would require physical access to the device, in order to connect to it.
OBDLink MX Bluetooth ships in a nice retail box, with a 3-year warranty, and lifetime software and firmware upgrades. In summary, OBDLink provides the absolute best value for your money.
|OBDLink MX Bluetooth||OBDLink MX Wi-Fi||OBDLink LX Bluetooth||OBDLink SX USB|
|Supports all OBD-II protocols||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Supports Single-Wire CAN (GMLAN) & Ford Medium-Speed CAN (MS-CAN)||✓||✓|
|Bluetooth v3.0 interface||✓||✓|
|Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g interface||✓|
|BatterySaver sleep mode||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Works with all Android devices||✓||✓||✓||Device must be using Android 3.1+ & support USB host mode. An OTG ('On the Go') cable is required (not included).|
|Works with all Apple (iOS) devices||✓|
|Works with all Windows devices||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Hacker-proof security mechanism||✓||✓||✓|
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Top customer reviews
The ability to use iOS is nice, however, the OBDLink coupled with a $63 Android phablet worked better in my situation, as described below.
The layout of the included OBDLink software is excellent. I can easily see many live parameters on one screen, without jumping through hoops and dozens of clicks to display them.
With the Bluedriver, I was disappointed with the layout of the real time live data screen. It is nice to have the option to show the graphs on the main page along with the data, however, it was laid out in a semi-confusing manner, hard to tell at a glance which line the data referred to, with no obvious visual breaks between lines. As a mechanic, I prefer the capability to show many items at once on the page, with the field description at the left, and the data on the right. When the graphs always included, it really limits how many fields can be displayed at once. Some of the parameter descriptions were vague, and hard to identify when on the data viewing screen, although they were clearly labeled on the parameter selection screen. It was especially hard to identify which O2 data I was looking at, and which sensor it was for.
Being limited to the Bluedriver software was a large reason I selected the OBDLink device. I like the functionality and layout of the ODBLink software, and open compatibility nature of their setup. There are some custom written programs that work with ELM 327 that really do much more than either OBDLink or Bluedriver by themselves, and the ability to utilize those programs, like Forscan, was huge for me. I can get access to seemingly every parameter on my 2012 F350 with the OBDLink and Forscan. Really a dizzying array of data.
Since I am not set on using iOS, this OBDLink was a great solution.
One thing that would make these devices even better would be bi-directional control.
This device is only as good as the software that supports it. It does come with free software that works well, and other apps are available on the marketplace that may work better with your particular vehicle (Forscan is an example).
The only reason I rated 4 stars instead of 5 is that you have to forget the device every time you disconnect from it. It gives a new code when you hit the bluetooth connection button so it won't 'remember' your phone. This is a minor inconvenience but it is still an inconvenience. Perhaps ScanTool can introduce a watch battery powered memory much like how your computer remembers Bios settings when it is turned off?
Hope the review helps, I am pleased with my purchase.
Most recent customer reviews
It has excellent compatibility with those applications, pairs easily to my device,...Read more