|Item Weight||1.12 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||1.8 x 0.9 x 2 inches|
|Item model number||427201|
|Manufacturer Part Number||427201|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
4-Year Home AV Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Repairing electronics can cost as much as buying them new. With SquareTrade, you're covered
- Protect your device today, enjoy it for years with peace of mind
- Covers: mechanical and electrical failures during normal use, 100% parts and labor
- 24/7 customer support, free shipping for all repairs, no deductibles or hidden fees
- Cancel anytime, full refund in first 30 days, fully transferable with gifts
ScanTool 427201 OBDLink LX Bluetooth: Professional OBD-II Scan Tool for Android & Windows
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Transform your phone, tablet, or PC into a professional-grade automotive scan tool (not compatible with Apple iOS devices)
- Safe to leave plugged in, won't drain your car's battery,Easy to use, installs in seconds, and features hacker-proof wireless security
- Free Android app & Windows software (compatible with 3rd party apps such as Torque and DashCommand)
- Works on all 1996+ cars and light trucks sold in the USA (except hybrid or electric vehicles)
- Android:Smartphones (Android 2.2 and newer),Tablets (Android 2.3.3 and newer).Windows:Bluetooth-enabled PCs, Laptops,Netbooks (Windows XP SP2 and newer),Phone (Windows Phone 8 and newer),Tablets (Windows 8 and newer)
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Compare with similar items
BAFX Products Bluetooth Diagnostic OBDII Reader / Scanner for Android Devices
BlueDriver Bluetooth Professional OBDII Scan Tool for iPhone, iPad & Android
ScanTool 426101 OBDLink MX Bluetooth: Professional OBD-II Scan Tool for Android & Windows
Car WIFI OBD 2 OBD2 OBDII Scan Tool Foseal Scanner Adapter Check Engine Light Diagnostic Tool for iOS & Android
OBD II Bluetooth Diagnostic Scanner by Ozzy Gear-Car scan tool-Read your cars engine codes-Reset check engine light-Features real time automobile monitoring, on/off button-Full Warranty-Android Only
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||BAFX Products||Lemur Vehicle Monitors||Amazon.com||Foseal||Ozzy Gear|
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
OBDLink LX is an easy-to-use, inexpensive, hacker-proof, lightning-fast Bluetooth OBD-II adapter that can turn your Android or Windows smart phone, tablet, laptop, or PC into a sophisticated diagnostic scan tool, trip computer, and real-time performance monitor. The ergonomically designed device comes in frustration-free packaging, and takes an average of 3 minutes to install.
- Up to 4x faster than the closest competitor - LX accelerates apps and software up to 400%. The ultra-fast response times let you enjoy accurate, detailed graphs and smooth, realistic virtual gauges.
- BatterySaver technology - LX's innovative sleep function lets you leave it plugged in without danger of draining your car's battery.
- Hacker-proof - utilises a unique multi-layered link security mechanism, eliminating the risk of unauthorized access.
- Read & clear check engine light - Check diagnostic codes yourself and make informed repair decisions.
- Works on smart phones, tablets, & PC's - Turn your Android or Window smart phone, tablet, laptop, or PC into a sophisticated diagnostics tool and performance monitor. (Note: Not compatible with Apple iOS products).
- Works on a wider range of vehicles - OBDLink's advanced algorithm enables LX to connect to more OBD-II compliant makes & models than any other scan tool. It also supports EOBD, JOBD, and all other international variants of OBD-II.
- Free Android app & Windows diagnostics software - Includes ScanTool.net's exclusive OBDLink app for Android and OBDwiz licence for Windows.
- Superior compatibility - works with more 3rd party apps & software than any other adapter.
Consider purchasing OBDLink MX if you need access to the proprietary Ford & GM vehicle networks (SW-CAN & MS-CAN) in addition to standard OBD-II protocols.
From the manufacturer
Connect With Your Car Like Never Before
OBDLink LX is recommended for Android and Windows PC
OBDLink LX is a diagnostic scan tool, trip computer, logger, and real-time performance monitor. This pocket-size adapter won't obstruct driver legroom and features unparalleled performance, intelligent sleep mode, hacker-proof security, exceptional third party app support, and free lifetime firmware and software updates.
Includes Exclusive Android App and PC Diagnostics Software
OBDLink LX includes the free OBDLink Android app, which works exclusively with OBDLink products. The OBDLink app is packed with outstanding features that make it easy to access, graph, log and export real-time engine data. Plus, your car's data can be directly downloaded or instantaneously uploaded and shared with others using DropBox. Want more gauges? Create a custom live dashboard directly on your Android phone or tablet.
There are never monthly subscription fees or data plans, in-app purchases, hidden costs, or ads.
*Note: The OBDLink app is not compatible with Windows phone 8. Please visit our official site for compatible 3rd party apps.
- Maximum vehicle coverage
- Up to 300% faster than nearest competitor
- Automatic sleep & wake-up
- Free Android & Windows diagnostic software
- Free firmware updates
- More 3rd party app & software options
- 3-year manufacturer warranty
- Supports Android phones & tablets
- Supports Windows PC, laptops & tablets
- Supports Windows Phone 8 & newer*
- Note: Apple iOS devices are not compatible
- Note: This product is not compatible with hybrid or electric vehicles
Exclusive OBDLink LX Bluetooth Features
Maximum Vehicle Coverage
OBDLink LX Bluetooth works with all 1996 and newer cars and light trucks sold in the United States (except hybrid or electric vehicles). The OBDLink proprietary connection algorithm enables LX to connect to more makes and models than any other scan tool. It also supports EOBD, JOBD, and all other international variants of OBD-II.
Exclusive Android App and Diagnostics Software
You can clear the 'Check Engine Light', read all diagnostic trouble codes and research them online, check emissions test readiness, and calculate instantaneous and average MPG (and much more) with the free OBDLink app. It also includes a HUD option. Additionaly, you'll get the free OBDwiz diagnostics software for Windows PCs and laptops.
Exceptional Security Protection
OBDLink LX Bluetooth utilizes secure 128-bit data encryption, a sensible precaution to keep hackers from accessing your car's network. Unlike generic adapters, LX Bluetooth does not use an easy-to-guess PIN ('1234' or '0000'), or display the PIN publicly, protecting the communication link.
When you turn off your engine, LX Bluetooth goes to sleep and won't drain your car's battery. Its sophisticated triggers will wake up LX when you connect via Bluetooth, unlock doors, or crank the engine.
Connects To More 3rd Party Apps
Allows you to use popular third party apps like Torque, DashCommand, and Dash to unlock enhanced performance, cost savings, and social driving.
Up to 4x faster than the closest competitor. This increased throughput results in smooth, realistic virtual gauges and accurate, detailed graphs.
Why Should I Buy OBDLink Instead of a Generic Scan Tool?
1) Only LX Bluetooth has overvoltage protection, which keeps it from catching on fire during a load dump condition.
2) LX Bluetooth automatically goes to sleep when not in use, saving you the trouble of dealing with a dead car battery.
3) Having been engineered to provide exceptional data throughput, LX accelerates apps by up to 250% and PC software by up to 300%. Experience faster screen updates and more graph points.
4) Unlike the generic ELM327 adapters, LX Bluetooth uses strong encryption and neither broadcasts its presence, nor uses an easy-to-guess PIN to protect the communication link.
OBDLink LX comes with a 3-year warranty and lifetime software and firmware upgrades.
|OBDLink LX Bluetooth||OBDLink MX Bluetooth||OBDLink MX Wi-Fi||OBDLink SX USB|
|Supports all OBD-II protocols||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Supports Single-Wire CAN (GMLAN) & Ford Medium-Speed CAN (MS-CAN)||✓||✓|
|Bluetooth v3.0 interface||✓||✓|
|Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g interface||✓|
|BatterySaver sleep mode||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Works with all Android devices||✓||✓||✓||Device must be using Android 3.1+ & support USB host mode. An OTG ('On the Go') cable is required (not included).|
|Works with all Apple (iOS) devices||✓|
|Works with all Windows devices||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Hacker-proof security mechanism||✓||✓||✓|
Customers also shopped for
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
▶ Package Contents
• OBDLink LX Bluetooth
• Quick Start Guide
• Dimensions: 1.97 x 1.77 x 0.91 inches (51 x 45 x 23 mm)
• Weight: 1.2 oz. (33 g.)
• Operating Voltage: 8-18V DC
• Operating Temperature: -4º to 131º F (-20º to 55º C)
• Operating Humidity 10 to 85% (non-condensing)
The product is small, as you would suspect, at 1.8 x 2 x 0.9 inches, and comes in a green/black color. On the front are icons and LEDs for Power/OBD/Host/BT, a button to pair the device, and the OBDLink LX name. The top of the device has the ScanTool logo, and the back has the OBD-II connector to mount into your vehicle. This device uses Bluetooth technology and Bluetooth technology only. If you do not have a Bluetooth compatible device then I suggest looking for one with a USB connection.
Now, there are several OBD-II connectors out there, and that is where you are asking, “Why would I pay $69.95 for one when I can get a cheap one for under $20?” This device includes an OBDLink Android app that is comparable to torque ($5 USD Value), and OBDwiz PC Software ($30 USD Value). Not only that, but this device uses very low voltage, uses premium security, and performs 300% better than its competitors. If a potential dead battery doesn’t change your mind, then the security and performance should. I overall really like the simplistic but effective construction of this device.
Although the Hardware is nice, the information read from the device is where the magic happens. As said in hardware, OBDLink includes two pieces of software: OBDLink Android app, and OBDwiz PC Software. Unfortunately, this device is not compatible with iOS devices. You don’t have to use these pieces of software though. As said in setup, there are several third party apps that do as good or better (Torque and Dashcommand for Android). They have free versions with ads if you want to try them out.
OBDLink Android App
• Read phone status and identity
• Approximate location (network-based)
• Precise location (GPS and network-based)
• Modify or delete the contents of your USB storage
• Read he contents of your USB storage
• Full network access
• View-Wi-Fi onnections
• Access Bluetooth settings
• Pair with Bluetooth devices
• Prevent tablet from sleeping
• Modifying System Settings
The app contains no malicious permissions.
The two pieces of software basically do the same thing. The amount of information depends on what the manufacturer chose to share in the OBD-II. The software can give you real time readings, such as, but not limited to: Speed, RPM, Engine Temperature, Fuel Rate, Battery Voltage, O2 Sensors. You can diagnose check engine lights, and check if your vehicle is able to pass emissions tests. Because of the low voltage this device takes, and the information it takes from your vehicle, you could literally install a cheap Android tablet into your dashboard. The amount of information you get from OBD-II is amazing, which makes you wonder why manufacturers don’t include more of this information.
Setup is very easy and straightforward. The real issue is figuring out where your OBD-II connector is.
1. Download and install OBDLink app or third party software, such as Torque or DashCommand.
2. Plug OBDLink LX into the diagnostic link connector (DLC). The DLC is usually found on the driver’s side, under the dash.
3. Turn ignition on.
4. Open “Settings” app, and tap “Wireless & networks”
5. Make sure “Bluetooth is enabled, then tap “Bluetooth settings”
6. Press “Connect” button on OBDLink LX
7. Tap “Scan for devices”, and wait for OBDLink LX to appear on the device list.
8. Tap “OBDLink LX – Pair with this device”
9. Tap “Pair” in the “Bluetooth pairing request” dialog.
10. Launch your desired app to connect to the device.
I’ve been testing this device for a few days now with my 2005 Honda Odyssey and Nexus 7 (2013). The adapter remained installed and on the entire testing period, without killing the battery. Usually, the adapter would automatically connect to my Nexus tablet, until today, which required me to press the pair button and repair the devices again. This was no issue though. I used both the OBDLink app and Torque Pro,but personally prefer Torque Pro because of the customization of gauges. I was able to see Speed, RPM, Torque, Vacuum, Throttle, Engine Temperature, but not any gauge that dealt with fuel. During this test, the gauges were fast and accurate. I couldn’t really tell if there was any lag at all, due to the speed. I would probably estimate maybe a 1/10 of a second, if any. I can now see why other people are choosing to put tablets into their dashboard, with the efficiency of today’s OBD-II Bluetooth adapters.
▶ Final Thoughts
I was really impressed by the OBDLink LX. It is able to accurately and efficiently display the information to my tablet, with almost no lag, if any. Because of this, I definitely recommend this device to tech and auto enthusiasts, and is why I give this a 5 star rating.
+ Able to accurately, and efficiently gauge multiple settings about my vehicle, with almost no lag, if any.
+ Doesn’t require to be removed, because it uses very low voltage.
+ Easy and frustration-free setup. Very strong Bluetooth encryption.
+ Includes free software for Android and PC ($35 Value).
- I was not able to receive any data about fuel, due to Honda not giving that information to the OBD-II.
- Not compatible with Macintosh computers.
I was provided a sample in exchange for a thorough and honest review.
I'm told it has to do with the bluetooth radio not being certified somehow, but the end result is that none of my Apple devices can see this over bluetooth. I borrowed an Android phone to see if it was an issue with the device, and I can confirm that it DOES work with that, so the issue is not a bad unit.
To be fair, the description of the device only mentions Android when it comes to their software, but I had no reason to suspect that an IOS based app would not work with it either; however, since no IOS device will pair with this unit over Bluetooth, no IOS software will work with it. I'm left with a device I cannot use without purchasing an Android-based device.
Update 12-Feb-2014: The actual product box has a starred disclaimer saying "ODBLink LX works with dozens of 3rd party apps (including Torque and DashCommand) on virtually every platform* and across every device category = smartphones, tablets, laptop and desktop PCs" *=except IOS, which is supported only by the OBDLinkMC WiFi. If that language was on the product description on Amazon, I'd have known that it wasn't going to work with my iPhone. Since it isn't shown anywhere in the product description, I had no reason to suspect it was completely incompatible with IOS.
The "return window" closed on 31 January 2017, so I am SOL and just stuck with one that doesn't work. Even if I could return it, the shipping/handling and the import fees deposit(I am in the Philippines) is 78 dollars, which is almost twice the cost of the product. So unless they would send me a new one and foot the bill for the shipping and import fees, I can't foresee dealing with this product again. You don't always get what you pay for. I should have bought one of the cheap 10 dollar ones.
I finally figured out how to find my old review so I could update it.(You just attempt to submit a new one, and it will bring up the one you already did). I am updating my review, and increasing my stars based on customer service from ScanTool. They sent me a new unit, and it has been working fine ever since. I didn't have to pay any extra money for import fees or shipping and handling. They also didn't require the return of the old unit. So even though there was an issue with the original product, the replacement product works great, and I have had no problems.
Most recent customer reviews
Very fast delivery !