|Item Weight||1.1 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||1.8 x 0.9 x 2 inches|
|Item model number||427201|
|Manufacturer Part Number||427201|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
ScanTool 427201 OBDLink LX Bluetooth: Professional OBD-II Scan Tool for Android & Windows
|Price:||$59.05 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Transform your phone, tablet, or PC into a professional-grade automotive scan tool (not compatible with Apple iOS devices)
- Safe to leave plugged in, won't drain your car's battery
- Free Android app & Windows software (compatible with 3rd party apps such as Torque and DashCommand)
- Works on all 1996+ cars and light trucks sold in the USA (except hybrid or electric vehicles)
- Easy to use, installs in seconds, and features hacker-proof wireless security
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
OBDLink LX is an easy-to-use, inexpensive, hacker-proof, lightning-fast Bluetooth OBD-II adapter that can turn your Android or Windows smart phone, tablet, laptop, or PC into a sophisticated diagnostic scan tool, trip computer, and real-time performance monitor. The ergonomically designed device comes in frustration-free packaging, and takes an average of 3 minutes to install.
- Up to 4x faster than the closest competitor - LX accelerates apps and software up to 400%. The ultra-fast response times let you enjoy accurate, detailed graphs and smooth, realistic virtual gauges.
- BatterySaver technology - LX's innovative sleep function lets you leave it plugged in without danger of draining your car's battery.
- Hacker-proof - utilises a unique multi-layered link security mechanism, eliminating the risk of unauthorized access.
- Read & clear check engine light - Check diagnostic codes yourself and make informed repair decisions.
- Works on smart phones, tablets, & PC's - Turn your Android or Window smart phone, tablet, laptop, or PC into a sophisticated diagnostics tool and performance monitor. (Note: Not compatible with Apple iOS products).
- Works on a wider range of vehicles - OBDLink's advanced algorithm enables LX to connect to more OBD-II compliant makes & models than any other scan tool. It also supports EOBD, JOBD, and all other international variants of OBD-II.
- Free Android app & Windows diagnostics software - Includes ScanTool.net's exclusive OBDLink app for Android and OBDwiz licence for Windows.
- Superior compatibility - works with more 3rd party apps & software than any other adapter.
Consider purchasing OBDLink MX if you need access to the proprietary Ford & GM vehicle networks (SW-CAN & MS-CAN) in addition to standard OBD-II protocols.
From the manufacturer
Connect With Your Car Like Never Before
OBDLink LX is recommended for Android and Windows PC
OBDLink LX is a diagnostic scan tool, trip computer, logger, and real-time performance monitor. This pocket-size adapter won't obstruct driver legroom and features unparalleled performance, intelligent sleep mode, hacker-proof security, exceptional third party app support, and free lifetime firmware and software updates.
Includes Exclusive Android App and PC Diagnostics Software
OBDLink LX includes the free OBDLink Android app, which works exclusively with OBDLink products. The OBDLink app is packed with outstanding features that make it easy to access, graph, log and export real-time engine data. Plus, your car's data can be directly downloaded or instantaneously uploaded and shared with others using DropBox. Want more gauges? Create a custom live dashboard directly on your Android phone or tablet.
There are never monthly subscription fees or data plans, in-app purchases, hidden costs, or ads.
*Note: The OBDLink app is not compatible with Windows phone 8. Please visit our official site for compatible 3rd party apps.
- Maximum vehicle coverage
- Up to 300% faster than nearest competitor
- Automatic sleep & wake-up
- Free Android & Windows diagnostic software
- Free firmware updates
- More 3rd party app & software options
- 3-year manufacturer warranty
- Supports Android phones & tablets
- Supports Windows PC, laptops & tablets
- Supports Windows Phone 8 & newer*
- Note: Apple iOS devices are not compatible
- Note: This product is not compatible with hybrid or electric vehicles
Exclusive OBDLink LX Bluetooth Features
Maximum Vehicle Coverage
OBDLink LX Bluetooth works with all 1996 and newer cars and light trucks sold in the United States (except hybrid or electric vehicles). The OBDLink proprietary connection algorithm enables LX to connect to more makes and models than any other scan tool. It also supports EOBD, JOBD, and all other international variants of OBD-II.
Exclusive Android App and Diagnostics Software
You can clear the 'Check Engine Light', read all diagnostic trouble codes and research them online, check emissions test readiness, and calculate instantaneous and average MPG (and much more) with the free OBDLink app. It also includes a HUD option. Additionaly, you'll get the free OBDwiz diagnostics software for Windows PCs and laptops.
Exceptional Security Protection
OBDLink LX Bluetooth utilizes secure 128-bit data encryption, a sensible precaution to keep hackers from accessing your car's network. Unlike generic adapters, LX Bluetooth does not use an easy-to-guess PIN ('1234' or '0000'), or display the PIN publicly, protecting the communication link.
When you turn off your engine, LX Bluetooth goes to sleep and won't drain your car's battery. Its sophisticated triggers will wake up LX when you connect via Bluetooth, unlock doors, or crank the engine.
Connects To More 3rd Party Apps
Allows you to use popular third party apps like Torque, DashCommand, and Dash to unlock enhanced performance, cost savings, and social driving.
Up to 4x faster than the closest competitor. This increased throughput results in smooth, realistic virtual gauges and accurate, detailed graphs.
Why Should I Buy OBDLink Instead of a Generic Scan Tool?
1) Only LX Bluetooth has overvoltage protection, which keeps it from catching on fire during a load dump condition.
2) LX Bluetooth automatically goes to sleep when not in use, saving you the trouble of dealing with a dead car battery.
3) Having been engineered to provide exceptional data throughput, LX accelerates apps by up to 250% and PC software by up to 300%. Experience faster screen updates and more graph points.
4) Unlike the generic ELM327 adapters, LX Bluetooth uses strong encryption and neither broadcasts its presence, nor uses an easy-to-guess PIN to protect the communication link.
OBDLink LX comes with a 3-year warranty and lifetime software and firmware upgrades.
|OBDLink LX Bluetooth||OBDLink MX Bluetooth||OBDLink MX Wi-Fi||OBDLink SX USB|
|Supports all OBD-II protocols||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Supports Single-Wire CAN (GMLAN) & Ford Medium-Speed CAN (MS-CAN)||✓||✓|
|Bluetooth v3.0 interface||✓||✓|
|Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g interface||✓|
|BatterySaver sleep mode||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Works with all Android devices||✓||✓||✓||Device must be using Android 3.1+ & support USB host mode. An OTG ('On the Go') cable is required (not included).|
|Works with all Apple (iOS) devices||✓|
|Works with all Windows devices||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Hacker-proof security mechanism||✓||✓||✓|
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Top Customer Reviews
One thing, for anyone else who purchases this. The instructions say to plug it in to the OBD port and then turn the ignition on to pair it with the cell phone. I found mine would not pair unless I plugged it in with the ignition ALREADY ON. I believe it does not "boot" properly unless it is first installed this way. Once it has been paired, then the "keep-alive" power at the OBD port maintains the pairing setting and it will connect by simply activating the app when used at a later time. It's possible this sequence: "Ignition ON, THEN plug it in" is only applicable to Ford products, but if anyone has trouble pairing, try activating it in this order.
And, of course, if the battery is ever disconnected or if the Scan Tool is ever removed from the OBD port, I'm sure the ignition will have to be ON prior to plugging it back in too.
2. Easy to use; I work in IT and am familiar with Bluetooth connections to my cell phone, and if you can connect a Bluetooth headset/speaker to your android phone then you can use this app. I saw previous reviewers say there are issues with connectivity, but from my 10+ years of IT experience, I can say this Bluetooth device works just like all other ones. You just need to know the procedure on how they work.
3. I do see that there are other devices out there that cost ~$20 about half the price of this one, however, I can attest to the fact that this is a well-made device and includes free apps that do everything I need. The fact this was built to last and can be left plugged in all the time is a huge bonus.
4. There is an airbag light flashing on my dash but no error codes were found. after looking into this some more I found that the problem is not due to OBDLink but a common issue with my car not displaying error codes on an airbag light.
Please accept our apologies for the issues you describe. However, this is not normal behavior for LX and the included OBDLink app. Can you confirm if you were using the OBDLink app, or a third-party app? Our engineers would like to know more specific information about this situation - Please post on our Community Forum - http://bit.ly/STNCommunityForum - including what app you're using to connect, the smart device, year, make, model of vehicle, and reference this review.
Sorry for any inconveniences and we hope to hear from you!
Ive stopped numerous times for people with their hood up and offered to use this tool and almost every time they said they wanted one, after I told one to go on Amazon and get one for $50 he bought it on the spot. Most of the time I'd leave it in my obd2 vehicles and it never once drained my battery, even when the led would
Unfortunately, the Bluetooth button is now impossible to press and renders the device useless as often times it seems to change Bluetooth ID and unpairs from your phone.
I can live with small Bluetooth issues for $50
made from a solid plastic, doesn't look or feel cheap. Bluetooth button has broken after moderate to heavy use
I will revise my review if I hear back from the company.
Something to consider with the app. If you want a properly accurate fuel usage gauge you'll have to find out the thermal efficiency of your engine which differes between engines..
Also I had a chance to use it's ability to tell me why my ECU threw a check engine light while about 60 miles from home on the highway. Pulled over and pulled the code. Decided it was fine, cleared it, and went on my way.