|Item Weight||1.1 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||1.77 x 0.91 x 1.97 inches|
|Item model number||426101|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
|Manufacturer Part Number||426101|
|Special Features||Read and Clear Codes: Confirmed, Pending, and Permanent for all makes., Read and Clear Enhanced Codes: e.g. ABS, SRS, Transmission, etc. for GM, Ford, Toyota, Mazda and Nissan ., Freeze Frame: Creates a snapshot when a code is triggered., OBDLink MX+ OBD2 Scanner|
OBDLink MX Bluetooth OBD-II Automotive Scan Tool for Android and Windows
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Recommended by FORScan for Android (not compatible with iOS)
- Fast, reliable connection and automatic protocol switching
- Works with FORScan, Carista, Torque, DashCommand, AlfaOBD, BimmerCode and dozens of other apps
- Transform your Android device or Windows PC into a professional-grade diagnostic scan tool
- Over-voltage and battery drain protection, firmware updates
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Compare with similar items
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Engineered to accelerate performance over the Bluetooth link, OBDLink MX is up to four times faster than the closest competitor. The OBDLink MX Bluetooth OBD-II adapter provides access to SW-CAN & MS-CAN networks in addition to all legislated OBD-II protocols. Thanks to the unique BatterySaver technology you can rest assured that, unlike other OBD adapters, MX won't drain your battery if you leave it plugged in. Operating Current 68 mA
- Up to 4x faster than the closest competitor - MX accelerates apps and software up to 400%. Experience faster screen updates and more graph points.
- Supports SW-CAN & MS-CAN protocols - the only scan tool in its class that can access these proprietary GM & Ford networks in addition to the 5 standard OBD-II protocols.
- BatterySaver technology - MX's innovative sleep function lets you leave it plugged in without danger of draining your car's battery.
- Hacker-proof - utilises a unique multi-layered link security mechanism, eliminating the risk of unauthorized access.
- Read & clear check engine light - Check diagnostic codes yourself and make informed repair decisions.
- Works on smart phones, tablets, & PC's - Turn your Android or Window smart phone, tablet, laptop, or PC into a sophisticated diagnostics tool and performance monitor. (Note: Not compatible with Apple iOS products).
- Works on a wider range of vehicles - OBDLink's advanced algorithm enables MX to connect to more OBD-II compliant makes & models than any other scan tool.
- Free Android app & Windows diagnostics software - Includes exclusive OBDLink app for Android and OBDwiz for Windows.
- Superior compatibility - works with more 3rd party apps & software than any other adapter.
From the manufacturer
Connect With Your Car Like Never Before
OBDLink MX Bluetooth is recommended for Android and Windows PC
OBDLink MX is a diagnostic scan tool, trip computer, logger, and real-time performance monitor. This pocket-size adapter won't obstruct driver legroom and features unparalleled performance, intelligent sleep mode, hacker-proof security, exceptional third party app support, and free lifetime firmware and software updates.
The free OBDLink app is packed with outstanding features that make it easy to access, graph, log and export real-time engine data. Plus, your car's data can be directly downloaded or instantaneously uploaded and shared with others using DropBox.
There are never monthly subscription fees or data plans, in-app purchases, hidden costs, or ads.
*Note: The OBDLink app is not compatible with Windows phone 8. Please visit our official site for compatible 3rd party apps.
Supports OBD-II, Single-Wire CAN and Medium-Speed CAN
OBDLink MX provides wireless connectivity for all OBD-II protocols, plus advanced automotive networks commonly used in many late-model GM, Ford and Mazda vehicles. For supported GM models, you can control windows, door locks, and even remotely start your engine with the 3rd-party obdCANex Android app. On GM, Ford, and Mazda vehicles that use Single-Wire CAN or Medium-Speed CAN, you can also use enhanced PC diagnostic software like ScanXL to access ABS, airbag, and other systems that aren't available with an OBD-II-only interface.
- Maximum vehicle coverage
- World’s fastest Bluetooth OBD adapter
- Supports Single-Wire CAN (GMLAN)
- Supports Ford Medium-Speed CAN (MS-CAN)
- Automatic sleep & wake-up
- Free Android app and Windows diagnostic software
- Free firmware updates
- More 3rd party app & software options
- 3-year manufacturer warranty
- Supports Android phones and tablets
- Supports Windows PC, laptops & tablets
- Supports Windows Phone 8 & newer*
- Note: Apple iOS devices are not compatible
- Note: Hybrid or electric vehicles are not compatible
Exclusive OBDLink MX Bluetooth Features
Maximum Vehicle Coverage
OBDLink MX Bluetooth works with all 1996 and newer cars and light trucks sold in the United States (except hybrid or electric vehicles). The OBDLink proprietary connection algorithm enables MX to connect to more makes and models than any other scan tool. It also supports EOBD, JOBD, and all other international variants of OBD-II.
Exclusive Android App and Diagnostics Software
You can clear the 'Check Engine Light,' read all diagnostic trouble codes and research them online, check emissions test readiness, and calculate instantaneous and average MPG (and much more) with the free OBDLink app. It also includes a HUD option. Additionaly, you'll get the free OBDwiz diagnostics software for Windows PCs and laptops.
Exceptional Security Protection
OBDLink MX Bluetooth utilizes secure 128-bit data encryption, a sensible precaution to keep hackers from accessing your car's network. Unlike generic adapters, MX Bluetooth does not use an easy-to-guess PIN, or display the PIN publicly, protecting the communication link.
When you turn off your engine, MX Bluetooth goes to sleep and won't drain your car's battery. Its sophisticated triggers will wake up MX when you connect via Bluetooth, unlock doors, or crank the engine.
Advanced GM and Ford Support
GM-LAN and Ford-MSC provide access to hundreds of additional parameters. With third party apps, you can enable convenience features (including remote start and door lock/unlock) on select models.
Connects To More 3rd Party Apps
Allows you to use popular third party apps like DashCommand and Dash to unlock enhanced performance, cost savings, and social driving. obdCANex enables you to control door locks and remotely start the engine (on select vehicles)!
Up to 4x faster than the closest competitor. This increased throughput results in smooth, realistic virtual gauges and accurate, detailed graphs.
While OBD adapters come in many shapes and sizes, most of them (apart from OBDLink) are based on the ELM327 chip from Elm Electronics. Nobody owns the ELM327 trademark, so the devices carrying this label may be manufactured by any one of the dozens of small Chinese factories. As a result, there is a wide variance in design and build quality.
Why Should I Buy OBDLink Instead of a Generic Scan Tool?
Key Functionality Differences
1) Only OBDLink MX Bluetooth has overvoltage protection, which keeps it from catching on fire during a load dump condition.
2) MX Bluetooth automatically goes to sleep when not in use, saving you the trouble of dealing with a dead car battery.
3) Having been engineered to provide exceptional data throughput, MX accelerates apps by up to 250% and PC software by up to 300%. Experience faster screen updates and more graph points — an important feature, if you wish to graph multiple parameters or display a virtual dashboard.
4) Unlike the generic ELM327 adapters, MX Bluetooth uses strong encryption and neither broadcasts its presence, nor uses an easy-to-guess PIN (‘1234’ or ‘0000’) to protect the communication link. A potential hacker would require physical access to the device, in order to connect to it.
OBDLink MX Bluetooth ships in a nice retail box, with a 3-year warranty, and lifetime software and firmware upgrades. In summary, OBDLink provides the absolute best value for your money.
|OBDLink MX Bluetooth||OBDLink MX Wi-Fi||OBDLink LX Bluetooth||OBDLink SX USB|
|Supports all OBD-II protocols||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Supports Single-Wire CAN (GMLAN) & Ford Medium-Speed CAN (MS-CAN)||✓||✓|
|Bluetooth v3.0 interface||✓||✓|
|Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g interface||✓|
|BatterySaver sleep mode||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Works with all Android devices||✓||✓||✓||Device must be using Android 3.1+ & support USB host mode. An OTG ('On the Go') cable is required (not included).|
|Works with all Apple (iOS) devices||✓|
|Works with all Windows devices||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Hacker-proof security mechanism||✓||✓||✓|
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
According to Scantool.Net, the OBD CANex Android App can access SW CAN for GM, but it doesn’t use it for diagnosis instead it access locking/unlocking of doors, rolling windows up/down, etc…
I really wanted OBDLink MX to access the MS CAN on my Ford to diagnose the MS CAN modules (radio, GPS, door modules) so this worked perfectly with FORScan on my Asus Netbook running Windows 10. The Bluetooth pairing was painless on the PC.
I tried the OBDWiz software that is “included” with OBDLink MX, and it is a very weak generic diagnostic tool as it does not access SW CAN or MS CAN. The OBDLink app and Scan XL also do not access SW CAN and MS CAN. It should pull the standard powertrain DTC codes and be able to reset them, but the real power comes from FORScan and being able to access DTC codes on all of the modules and being able to reset those DTC codes or resetting modules. For example, if you changed the battery on a 2011-up Ford, you have to reset the Battery Management System either at the dealership or you can use FORScan.
The chipset on my OBDLink MX was the STN1150 version 4.0.2 and the actual module was manufactured in August 2015.
The OBDWiz software is too slow for good datalogging in my opinion. It pales in comparison to the datalogging of HPTuners and SCT LiveLink, where those hardware/software packages have almost real-time access to direct memory read (DMR) PIDs and can read 24+ PIDs at extremely high speed, good enough for tuning the systems.
Overall: 5/5 stars, really only useful for Ford/Lincoln/Mercury/Mazda systems with MS CAN bus (2004-up models) and FORScan. Unless you have a software program that takes advantage of SW CAN on GM vehicles for diagnostics, it isn’t useful for anything other than Ford/Lincoln/Mercury/Mazda and you’re better off with a generic ELM327 interface that is far less expensive.
AlfaOBD eliminates this all together. You can connect to your BCM (Body Control Module) and enable a slew of features.
I added TPMS Premium, Auto Dimming (EC mirror) rear view mirror, overhead compass, folding mirrors with puddle and turn lamps and so much more!! You will not be disappointed! You can enable LED light options on 2013 and up Rams so you don’t have bulb out warnings or flickeringnwirh his. Also will stop canbus B lights from shutting off due to failing to read the resistance drop over time the light is on. This was designed to prevent people from putting the wrong light into the truck and causing a fire due to high heat and incorrect wattage.
AlfaOBD allows you to also change tire pressure thresholds as well as tire size and axel ratios. There is support for chrysler 300, 200, jeep, fiat, Ram, and more! Check out AlfaOBD.
There is so much more you can do! It also comes with its own software that you can buy enhanced software for to change tire size and tire pressures as well as axel ratios. Check out their website. Their software is amazing and allows you to graph data.
I highly recommend this tool. It also has a feature that you have to physicAlly access the tool to connect to it. Not like WiFi OBD tools that they are open and don’t require code. And you can’t change the pass. Or Bluetooth OBD scanners like cheap elm327 thatnthe default is 0000 or 1234. You have to press the button and with in 90 seconds you have to pair and accept the code. Very secure! Imagine running a WiFi tool and have a hacker pull up next to you and connect. Then shut your engine off or more!! It can also go to sleep and draw low current. Bluetooth BLE.
THIS IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH APPLE AT RHIS TIME. I do not know if they plan on supporting it, however, Windows 7,8,&1.0 are supported along with windows phones and android.
AlfaOBD is also supported only on windows laptops and phones as well as android.
With this tool and it’s native proprietary software there isn’t anything you can’t fix on your own car!! I would give this product 1000 stars if I could!
Top reviews from other countries
This one is 3 times the price of vgate scan tool... there is associated app which provides car data and diagnostics. I have not yet looked at the app in enough detail to work out if thus justified higher price. First glance looked promising. As I did not buy for this functionality this is a bonus for me.
There is also the tradeoff between cheap Chinese tat and the potential negative effects on your expensive electronic devices... buyer beware... you pay for what you get...
Note for Bimmercode users... open the app. Before you connect tap the ... in top left corner and click Settings. Then change your adapter. This stopped me connecting until I finally worked it out. Trap for younger players.