|Item Weight||1.1 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||1.77 x 0.91 x 1.97 inches|
|Item model number||OBDLink|
|Batteries||1 Lithium ion batteries required.|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
|Manufacturer Part Number||427201|
|Cover Included||Quick Start Guide|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
3-Year Auto Parts Protection Planfrom Assurant
- PLAN STARTS: Plans start date of purchase. Coverage for mechanical breakdowns begins after the manufacturer's warranty expires.
- COVERAGE DETAIL: 100% functional parts and labor included on products used for normal use, including mechanical and electrical failures, for parts purchased on Amazon within the last 30 days.
- PLAN BENEFITS: $0 deductible and no hidden fees. Fully transferable if bought as a gift. Not valid on auto parts purchased for commercial use.
- FILING A CLAIM: Easy claims process online 24/7. Visit assurant360claims.com. We’ll fix it, replace it or send you an Amazon gift card up to the price you paid for your product.
- HOW TO CANCEL: Cancel anytime, full refund within the first 30 days (less any claims paid). To cancel, visit "Your Orders" on Amazon.com and click "Return or Replace Item" next to the protection plan.
OBDLink LX OBD2 Bluetooth Scanner for Android and Windows
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- HIGH SPEED SCAN TOOL: Transform your Windows PC, laptop, or phone into a super-fast, accurate automotive diagnostic device (not compatible with Apple iOS devices)
- WIRELESS DIAGNOSTIC DEVICE: Bluetooth scan tool is easy to install, safe to leave plugged in without draining your car’s battery, and features hackerproof wireless security
- FREE ANDROID APP & WINDOWS SOFTWARE: Includes OBDLink app for Android and OBDwiz for Windows, and is compatible with 3rd party apps such as Torque and DashCommand
- MAXIMUM VEHICLE COVERAGE: Works on more vehicles than any scan tool on the market including all 1996+ cars and light trucks sold in the United States (except hybrid or electric vehicles)
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED: Your ScanTool is supplied with a 90-day money back guarantee if you are unsatisfied for any reason, along with a 3-year repair or replace manufacturer warranty
Frequently bought together
Featured items you may like
More items to explore
Compare with similar items
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
OBDLink LX is an easy-to-use, inexpensive, hacker-proof, lightning-fast Bluetooth OBD-II adapter that can turn your Android or Windows smart phone, tablet, laptop, or PC into a sophisticated diagnostic scan tool, trip computer, and real-time performance monitor. The ergonomically designed device comes in frustration-free packaging, and takes an average of 3 minutes to install.
- Up to 4x faster than the closest competitor - LX accelerates apps and software up to 400%. The ultra-fast response times let you enjoy accurate, detailed graphs and smooth, realistic virtual gauges.
- BatterySaver technology - LX's innovative sleep function lets you leave it plugged in without danger of draining your car's battery.
- Hacker-proof - utilises a unique multi-layered link security mechanism, eliminating the risk of unauthorized access.
- Read & clear check engine light - Check diagnostic codes yourself and make informed repair decisions.
- Works on smart phones, tablets, & PC's - Turn your Android or Window smart phone, tablet, laptop, or PC into a sophisticated diagnostics tool and performance monitor. (Note: Not compatible with Apple iOS products).
- Works on a wider range of vehicles - OBDLink's advanced algorithm enables LX to connect to more OBD-II compliant makes & models than any other scan tool. It also supports EOBD, JOBD, and all other international variants of OBD-II.
- Free Android app & Windows diagnostics software - Includes ScanTool.net's exclusive OBDLink app for Android and OBDwiz for Windows.
- Superior compatibility - works with more 3rd party apps & software than any other adapter.
Consider purchasing OBDLink MX if you need access to the proprietary Ford & GM vehicle networks (SW-CAN & MS-CAN) in addition to standard OBD-II protocols.
From the manufacturer
Connect With Your Car Like Never Before
OBDLink LX is recommended for Android and Windows PC
OBDLink LX is a diagnostic scan tool, trip computer, logger, and real-time performance monitor. This pocket-size adapter won't obstruct driver legroom and features unparalleled performance, intelligent sleep mode, hacker-proof security, exceptional third party app support, and free lifetime firmware and software updates.
Includes Exclusive Android App and PC Diagnostics Software
OBDLink LX includes the free OBDLink Android app, which works exclusively with OBDLink products. The OBDLink app is packed with outstanding features that make it easy to access, graph, log and export real-time engine data. Plus, your car's data can be directly downloaded or instantaneously uploaded and shared with others using DropBox. Want more gauges? Create a custom live dashboard directly on your Android phone or tablet.
There are never monthly subscription fees or data plans, in-app purchases, hidden costs, or ads.
*Note: The OBDLink app is not compatible with Windows phone 8. Please visit our official site for compatible 3rd party apps.
- Maximum vehicle coverage
- Up to 300% faster than nearest competitor
- Automatic sleep & wake-up
- Free Android & Windows diagnostic software
- Free firmware updates
- More 3rd party app & software options
- 3-year manufacturer warranty
- Supports Android phones & tablets
- Supports Windows PC, laptops & tablets
- Supports Windows Phone 8 & newer*
- Note: Apple iOS devices are not compatible
- Note: This product is not compatible with hybrid or electric vehicles
Exclusive OBDLink LX Bluetooth Features
Maximum Vehicle Coverage
OBDLink LX Bluetooth works with all 1996 and newer cars and light trucks sold in the United States (except hybrid or electric vehicles). The OBDLink proprietary connection algorithm enables LX to connect to more makes and models than any other scan tool. It also supports EOBD, JOBD, and all other international variants of OBD-II.
Exclusive Android App and Diagnostics Software
You can clear the 'Check Engine Light', read all diagnostic trouble codes and research them online, check emissions test readiness, and calculate instantaneous and average MPG (and much more) with the free OBDLink app. It also includes a HUD option. Additionaly, you'll get the free OBDwiz diagnostics software for Windows PCs and laptops.
Exceptional Security Protection
OBDLink LX Bluetooth utilizes secure 128-bit data encryption, a sensible precaution to keep hackers from accessing your car's network. Unlike generic adapters, LX Bluetooth does not use an easy-to-guess PIN ('1234' or '0000'), or display the PIN publicly, protecting the communication link.
When you turn off your engine, LX Bluetooth goes to sleep and won't drain your car's battery. Its sophisticated triggers will wake up LX when you connect via Bluetooth, unlock doors, or crank the engine.
Connects To More 3rd Party Apps
Allows you to use popular third party apps like Torque, DashCommand, and Dash to unlock enhanced performance, cost savings, and social driving.
Up to 4x faster than the closest competitor. This increased throughput results in smooth, realistic virtual gauges and accurate, detailed graphs.
Why Should I Buy OBDLink Instead of a Generic Scan Tool?
1) Only LX Bluetooth has overvoltage protection, which keeps it from catching on fire during a load dump condition.
2) LX Bluetooth automatically goes to sleep when not in use, saving you the trouble of dealing with a dead car battery.
3) Having been engineered to provide exceptional data throughput, LX accelerates apps by up to 250% and PC software by up to 300%. Experience faster screen updates and more graph points.
4) Unlike the generic ELM327 adapters, LX Bluetooth uses strong encryption and neither broadcasts its presence, nor uses an easy-to-guess PIN to protect the communication link.
OBDLink LX comes with a 3-year warranty and lifetime software and firmware upgrades.
|OBDLink LX Bluetooth||OBDLink MX Bluetooth||OBDLink MX Wi-Fi||OBDLink SX USB|
|Supports all OBD-II protocols||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Supports Single-Wire CAN (GMLAN) & Ford Medium-Speed CAN (MS-CAN)||✓||✓|
|Bluetooth v3.0 interface||✓||✓|
|Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g interface||✓|
|BatterySaver sleep mode||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Works with all Android devices||✓||✓||✓||Device must be using Android 3.1+ & support USB host mode. An OTG ('On the Go') cable is required (not included).|
|Works with all Apple (iOS) devices||✓|
|Works with all Windows devices||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Hacker-proof security mechanism||✓||✓||✓|
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
You can imagine my disappointment when upon receiving and trying the OBDLink LX I was only able to achieve 8 PID/sec when monitoring one channel, and monitoring 3 PID's gave a rate of 4 PID/sec. While this was a slight improvement over the competition, it is significantly lower than the claimed '4x' improvement by ScanTool and definitely slower than the '100 PID/sec' measured by Torque Pro. I also tried using ScanTools in-house app, "OBDLink", but the results were no better than when using Torque.
I have included my technical details below, and would be more than happy to improve my review if ScanTool can provide some support. I looked through the ScanTool forums and FAQ and couldn't find any solutions, information on PID data rates, or a good way to contact them directly. If you are from ScanTool and are reading this--please help! If you are a potential customer--steer clear if you need to monitor multiple PIDs with a frequency > 1 Hz.
Vehicle: 2016 Subaru WRX
Device: OBDLink LX Bluetooth
Phone OS: Android
App: Torque Pro and OBDLink (4.0.0)
My car (Chevy Malibu 2012) showed its engine light on, and I brought it to a repair shop. They diagnosed it, and changed oil, filter etc and charged me a lot. However the engine light showed up again soon later. So I needed to bring my car back to them. They were not able to figure out the issue. Then I went to another repair shop. At first they were not able to figure our either, but said this product might cause the problem. I was surprised because I thought ODBLink only **read** signals from the car and did not produce any signals to car. However I follow the service man's advice and removed ODBLink. And the engine lump never show up again. Also when I re-installed it, the light showed up again, meaning this product actually caused the problem.
I was so frustrated as I paid a lot of unnecessary repair/maintenance fee to repair shops.
I really enjoy this so far, but I wish i had a better way to secure it in my vehicle. I may end up having to tape it into place to get live results without it falling out[may just be my vehicle?]. The software is very good and just had a firmware upgrade to the unit; which is a pleasant surprise and makes me feel more confident i made the right purchase.
When sync'd though, the data is fast and accurate.
2. Easy to use; I work in IT and am familiar with Bluetooth connections to my cell phone, and if you can connect a Bluetooth headset/speaker to your android phone then you can use this app. I saw previous reviewers say there are issues with connectivity, but from my 10+ years of IT experience, I can say this Bluetooth device works just like all other ones. You just need to know the procedure on how they work.
3. I do see that there are other devices out there that cost ~$20 about half the price of this one, however, I can attest to the fact that this is a well-made device and includes free apps that do everything I need. The fact this was built to last and can be left plugged in all the time is a huge bonus.
4. There is an airbag light flashing on my dash but no error codes were found. after looking into this some more I found that the problem is not due to OBDLink but a common issue with my car not displaying error codes on an airbag light.
Top international reviews
Sin embargo, si tienes un híbrido de Toyota, este adaptador es el mejor. Es el recomendado por la aplicación para smartphones Hybrid Assistant (gratuita) y similares. Te da una infinidad de valores en tiempo real que Toyota no te da. Por ejemplo, en las frenadas puedes ver si se está utilizando la regeneración eléctrica o bien si están actuando las pastillas de freno. Así puedes adaptarte a frenar de la manera más eficiente usando la regeneración.
Este software se está desarrollando también para los modelos híbridos de KIA y Hyundai.
L'uso di questo lettore è teoricamente molto semplice. È sufficiente inserirlo nella porta OBD del veicolo (solitamente collocata sotto al volante, in prossimità dei fusibili), girare la chiave di accensione in maniera da accendere le utenze elettriche ma non il motore, collegarsi via Bluetooth usando uno smartphone Android e, mediante un'app, leggere o modificare i dati. È possibile scaricare l'app gratuita Obdlink del produttore oppure si può usare una qualsiasi app per OBD - ovviamente le funzionalità dipendono dall'app.
Ho provato quella del produttore ed è risultata piuttosto curata e funzionante. L'app del produttore consente, inoltre, di aggiornare il firmware del lettore, aggiungendo nuovi standard di comunicazione o correggendo errori. Pur essendo in commercio da un po' di tempo, il firmware continua a essere aggiornato con buona frequenza - l'attuale ultima versione 4.5.2 è del 23 luglio 2019.
Si può lasciare il lettore sempre collegato, volendo, tanto a motore spento si spegne automaticamente, quindi non c'è rischio di trovarsi con la batteria a terra.
Ho provato il lettore su una Skoda Fabia, sulla quale un lettore economico (simil-ELM327) non è riuscito a far nulla - si collegava ma non leggeva alcunché. Il collegamento dell'Obdlink è stato invece immediato, al primo tentativo, con possibilità di leggere immediatamente dati e consultare la diagnostica.
La velocità di lettura dei dati, anche in movimento, è notevole, praticamente più veloce degli indicatori presenti nell'auto!
Molto comode le funzioni che consentono di vedere in tempo reale potenza, consumi e altri dati normalmente non visibili a cruscotto.
Il prezzo varia attorno ai 75-80 euro. Non è un prezzo economico tuttavia è praticamente sicuro che questo lettore funzioni con tutte le auto in circolazione con porta OBD (a differenza dei lettori più economici). Inoltre, questo lettore ha una velocità di lettura e scambio di informazioni molto elevata e necessaria per alcune applicazioni che scambiano molti dati in tempo reale, come la nota app Hybrid Assistant per le auto ibride, che utilizzo correntemente e senza alcun problema con una Toyota Yaris Hybrid del 2018.
Aggiornamento novembre 2019: è uscito un nuovo firmware 4.6.0 che velocizza la connessione iniziale e il riconoscimento dell'auto/protocollo da usare. Confermo che funziona perfettamente sulle varie auto provate.
Il prezzo ora è sceso a poco meno di 65 euro venduto e spedito da Amazon, quindi rapporto prestazioni/prezzo ancora migliore!
Aggiornamento marzo 2020: se ci sono problemi con il riconoscimento Bluetooth negli accoppiamenti successivi, installare il firmware 4.6.1 che sistema alcuni bug!
I bought this ODB-II to get more data about my car and what it was doing whilst driving. For this it works great and connects to the phone app everytime, however if the engine goes into I-stop (turns engine off whilst stood) or the ignition timeout occurs and the car turns itself off, the next engine start or ignition "wake-up" causes the car to report dozens of malfunctions, such as SBS malfunctions, safety camera malfunction, DPF failure, radar malfunction.. the list goes on and on. The car at this point goes into limp mode and a lot of the safety equipment stops working. To clear the messages, I then need to turn the engine off, remove the ODB connector and turn the engine back on. This process then leaves an amber Engine malfunction warning light in my dash. To clear this, I turn off the engine, connect the ODB-II and start it back up again. This is the only way I have been able to clear the Engine malfunction warning. I have since removed the ODB and it's in the glove box. I thought this was a reader, but it seems to be committing something to the ECU to get the car in such a state. The car is under warranty and I don't dare use it now as it would invalidate the warranty so its going back.
Not being very good with "techy" things took me about 30 mins to download the app, plug into car, pair it to my phone and get it up and running.
Managed to reset ECU fault codes and only the DPF light was left on. (must reset fault codes with ignition on / engine not running.
Car was no longer in limp mode and after a brisk 20 min drive the DPF light went off. Job done.
This adaptor cost £64, my garage had quoted me £350 to sort it!!!
And I got the kit to fix it if it ever happens again.
If you get one make sure to actually read and follow the instructions they are quite specific.
The OBDLink unit connects very quickly and reliably to the app, enabling easy fault code diagnosis.
The Torque Pro app can also display other information provided by the vehicle’s OBDII port. The OBDLink device transfers data quickly enough for fast moving gauges such as revs and boost to be useful.
The OBDLink may seem expensive, but the provision of additional software gauges is very cost effective when compared to the physical hardware alternative.
Lo único "malo" es que el Firmware que me traía es el 4.0.0 (del 17/04/2016), con lo que al intentar conectar el dispositivo con la moto me decía que no era posible, y te asustas...
Menos mal que descargando la aplicación de OBDlink en el movil, te metes en configuración, actualizar Firmware, y lo hace automáticamente a la versión 4.3.0 (del 17/08/2017), que esta ya si trae soporte para BUS-CAN.
I'd never trust a dongle which doesn't need a physical button to pair it. There's too much potential for malicious use both when parked and whilst driving.
It may not be cheap, but the car's not cheap either and neither's my life.