- File Size: 2840 KB
- Print Length: 265 pages
- Publisher: Night Shift Publishing (February 13, 2011)
- Publication Date: February 13, 2011
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B004NNVEIW
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #186 Free in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Free in Kindle Store)
|Digital List Price:||$2.99|
|Print List Price:||$10.99|
Save $10.99 (100%)
A Scandalous Pursuit (Scandalous Series Book 3) Kindle Edition
|Length: 265 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Switch back and forth between reading the Kindle book and listening to the Audible book with Whispersync for Voice. Add the Audible book for a reduced price of $1.99 when you buy the Kindle book.
Try Kindle Countdown Deals
Explore limited-time discounted eBooks. Learn more.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
What bugged me? (Spoilers)
1. Near the beginning of the book, Olivia sees Kelfield having sex with a maid. It seems to me this would be a huge turn off, but Olivia takes it in stride and accepts that's the kind of man he is.
2. Kelfield blackmails Olivia into spending time alone with him in his room. This is wrong on several levels...needed major disbelief suspension to swallow this one.
3. Getting married and becoming a duchess should have fixed Olivia's reputation, not made it worse. It seems to me that a duchess is forgiven most indescretions.
4. Phillip is undeniably a better man than Kelfield. It was hard not to root for him. Thankfully he gets his own book, My Favorite Major (Scandalous Series Book 5).
5. The big misunderstanding, how long it went on and how it was resolved. I'm not a fan of this storyline, but at least it wasn't a kidnapping, which is a storyline I like even less.
Despite these nit-picky complaints, the story flows well, the relationships between the main and secondary characters are appealing and even Kelfield deserves to have someone love him. The ending provides an excellent HEA between the H/h and also for Kelfield and his mother. Overall a strong ending and a good story for this genre.
I enjoyed Kelfield and Olivia's story. There were some moments I was disappointed in, but others I liked immensely. Kelfield, overall, was an appealing character. Yes, he was arrogant, self-absorbed and selfish but that are all the characteristics of the typical rogue. I felt as though Olivia was too understanding and willing to accept his behavior. I didn't think that was realistic, even when his behavior was more or less explained by his past. The chemistry was good between them and the steamy heat generated in the passionate moments was scorching.
This was an entertaining historical romance if you can get past Olivia's doormat tendencies and the contrived misunderstandings.
Due to a game between Ava and her cousin she finds herself in a compromising situation with The Duke of Kellfield a very scandalous individual, with many secrets and a dark secrets that makes innocents run in the other directions. This isn't a light romance. Our so called hero hasn't any plans to settle down. Our heroine has to give up the man she loves for another she has to marry. A man with many flaws and nightmares. The guilt she feels over the fact that she is at fault for messing up all three of their lives up for "playing that stupid game". Very good book
Most recent customer reviews
Olivia and Alex are a pair wrap in love.
Ava Stone keeps the readers on the edge of their seat.Read more