Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Size: 9-1/2-Inch|Style Name: Classic|Change

Showing 1-10 of 295 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 427 reviews
on March 16, 2017
I lovethis pan. No harmful coatings and nothing sticks to it. Cleanup is a breeze. It is so simple to dry fry potatoes or veggie burgers is so much healthier than using oil which is 100% fat.
on March 24, 2017
Heats evenly. The base weighs more than the handle which is nice. Cleans up easily. I plan on buying a larger one.
on March 2, 2015
I am very happy with this high quality fry pan. It is big and quite heavy (in a good way), for an aluminum/alloy frying pan. I bought a used one on Amazon for about $50 less than a new one. Cosmetically, the only thing I noted was the bottom - whoever had the pan prior to me obviously left it on an electric burner set on 'HI', because the image of the burner is 'branded' into the pan. I know this is supposed to affect the non-stick surface, but it did not. The pan works fine. I am going to purchase the samller version of this pan.
on September 7, 2014
These are the best pans for cooking. We have had some for 5 years and there is no loss of the non-stick coating.

I can't figure out why the stainless steel handle doubles the price—this one seems to work just as well if not better (tho the stainless handles look nicer, and scream—I can afford the best!)
on July 28, 2013
I got rid of most of my non-stick pans a few years ago because of fears of breathing in toxic fumes. Also many of the older type of non-stick surfaces were quick to become scratched and lose their non-stickiness. More recently, I have tried a few different new kinds that are supposed to be non-toxic. Sometimes it is nice to have a pan that can be used without a lot of oil or butter and clean up quickly. This was my second Scanpan and I will probably order more in other sizes. The surface seems to be very hardy and I like that I can use a metal spatula to flip eggs and other often sticky foodstuffs. This particular pan, the 14 inch, is quite a bit larger than my burner, but it seems to distribute the heat well, and pancakes are fairly evenly browned no matter where they are in the pan. I'm happy with my Scanpans, and I hope that they will keep working as well as do they do now.
on October 4, 2013
Bought 2 of the 12 inch pans @ $100+ because of good to great reviews here.....What we found in actual usage.

We use them for breakfast each morning....First you must immediately clean them after use or anything blackened will stick to pan, discolor it and later on Will not come off. We try to do this religiously but if you miss and come back to clean the pan later the black residue will probably stick and discolor which will negate the non-stick.

Second the Non-Stick does not hold up well....First pan which we threw away after only about 6-7 month usage was so covered in black spots and residue that one person thought it was a cast iron old style pan.....we are now on our second pan and it is accumulating black spot areas in only 1 months usage and we have to use non-stick spray all the time to keep eggs from sticking.

Overall I would say a poor product for the price paid and we would definitely not invest in these pan in the future.

Thanks!
on January 28, 2013
I was disappointed that the pan came bent. The description said that the box was damaged, but didn't say the pan was bent. However, it is still useable and does an excellent job. The bottom heats evenly and maintains temperature very well. You really can use metal utensils on it and it is dishwasher safe, but they recommend hand washing. This is a great pan and worth the money.
on September 8, 2013
I'll make this short and sweet: ScanPan makes the best nonstick products for the money. This is what many professional chefs use both in restaurants and in their homes. I've tried so many other nonstick pans and nothing slides off like the ScanPan.

One tip: it's best to immediately wash them off once you've used them. Don't let it dry and crust. If you run it under water right away, most of the crap slides right off and makes cleanup super easy and preserves the coating.
on April 13, 2013
My issues with cheap non-stick pans from department stores:

- Low durability - non-stick coating would fail, some would even flake and leave chips of the coating in the food.

- Uneven heating.....would be hot-spots in the pan where some food would be done before rest of it.

- Warping.... gotta love when your egg or whatever slides to the side of the pan because the pan warped. I assume this is
because the metal in the bottom of the pan is too thin...

I have had One or all of these issues with the cheap pans I have tried.

After 1 year of heavy use this pan has not displayed any of those properties, looking good so far.

I use this pan on a smooth-top, electric stove (don't know if the type of stove makes any difference at all). I never use heat above medium-high on this pan.
but it hasn't caused any problems so far. I have used metal cooking utensils occasionally and although there are a few light scratches and nicks, none are completely through the surface and haven't affected the non-stick performance as of yet.

***UPDATE 1/29/2014***

The non-stick coating still hanging tough but not quite as slick as when newer. A bit harder to wash, but still easier to keep clean than stainless. So far still happy.

***UPDATE 1/27/2015*** Non-stick coating is now non-functional and has been for a few months. The pan is now terrible and unusable. Will not attempt a warranty claim after reading of so many other's failed attempts.

So in the end, it cost me 100 bucks for a pan that lasted less than 2 years (it's been bad for awhile). The warranty claimed 10 years, I was hoping for 4-5 years, got roughly 1.5 years, not good in my opinion. I changed my review and star rating to reflect this. I no longer recommend this pan as I am thinking there are cheaper pans that will last 18 months.
on February 9, 2017
Best pan ever! Love it! After a year of almost daily use - the pan is like new! Great product hands down.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.