Save Big On Open-Box & Used Products: Buy "Scanpan Professional 12.5-Inch Fry Pan” from Amazon Open-Box & Used and save 42% off the $186.00 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all offers from Amazon Open-Box & Used.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Scanpan Professional 12.5-Inch Fry Pan
|Price:||$139.95 & FREE Shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Heavy-duty pressure cast Aluminum base for perfect heat distribution
- Patented ceramic-titanium nonstick surface for use with metal utensils (depth-2-inch)
- Cast 18/10 stainless handles stay cool longer. Heavy-duty stainless steel rivets permanently secure handles to pan body
- Perfect food release, easy to clean. Dishwasher safe.
- Suitable for all stove tops, excluding induction
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
From the manufacturer
Nonstick Without Compromise
Nonstick that sears, brown, and deglazes like stainless steel cookware without the effort of cleaning.
Nonstick that promotes healthy cooking with less oil. Completely safe and sustainable.
Nonstick that lasts a lifetime. Some leading ceramic nonsticks only guarantee their non-stick surface for two years.
Nonstick that is sustainable and safe.
Artisan, hand-made cookware from Denmark.
- Handcrafted in Denmark Since 1956
- Made from 100% Recycled Materials
- PFOA-Free Nonstick Cookware
SCANPAN’s nonstick coating sears, browns and deglazes with ease. More flavor, less effort.
Designed for stove top to oven (safe to 500°F / 260˚C). Easy to clean and dishwasher safe.
Built to last with a lifetime warranty* for your peace of mind.
*(Conditions apply, kindly contact customer care/website for further information).
No Compromise on. ..
Stove Top to Oven
Prepare your favorite dishes on the stove and finish in the oven. All SCANPAN products are oven-safe up to 500˚F / 260˚C.
Built to last with a limited lifetime warranty on nonstick and body. The ceramic titanium cookware makes for better meals for unsurpassed durability.
SCANPAN product bases are manufactured for optimum heat distribution ensuring a consistent cooking performance every time.
SCANPAN utilizes 100% recycled aluminum that does not compromise on quality. The impact on the environment is greatly diminished as a result.
Meet the Whole SCANPAN Family.
Robust cookware for intense every day use, ceramic titanium non-stick range cookware with even heat distribution and unsurpassed durability whilst also being easy to clean. The handles are fixed with a patented system without screws, rivets or springs and can tolerate oven temperatures up to 260ºC / 500˚F.
Incorporating the SCANPAN Silencio System, SCANPAN IQ features streamlined silicone rimmed lids which ensure 'clang-free' cooking, while the integrated steam vents direct steam away from you. This non-stick range is made from 100% recycled aluminum and is oven proof to 260°C / 500˚F.
Made from 100% recycled aluminium, this non-stick range is squeeze cast for quick and even heat distribution. Quality stainless steel trims including ergonomic handles and knobs that are both attractive and practical complimented by glass domed lids with steam vents. Oven proof to 260°C / 500˚F.
Manufactured with a 3 ply/5 layer construction with stainless steel and pure aluminum at its core. Cast stainless steel handles secured by rivets, are designed to stay cooler longer. Non-stick, oven proof to 260°C / 500˚F and PFOA free.
Compare to similar items
This item Scanpan Professional 12.5-Inch Fry Pan
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||DaSalla's||DaSalla's||Chef's Arsenal/Market Warehouse||Chef's Arsenal/Market Warehouse||Glamzon Express||Chef's Arsenal/Market Warehouse|
|Item Dimensions||12 x 22 x 3.5 in||12.99 x 19.57 x 2.95 in||13 x 19 x 3 in||12 x 18 x 3 in||12.6 x 12.6 x 1.57 in||13.15 x 17.24 x 2.05 in|
|Material Type||Stainless Steel||Ceramic||Nonstick||Stainless Steel||Aluminum||Aluminum|
|Size||12.5-Inch||12-1/2-Inch||12"||11"||12.5 IN||11 inch|
Scanpan Professional features clean, elegant lines for a most unique cookware design. The stainless steel covers and handles are polished in a two-tone matt-and-mirror finish, setting an exciting visual contrast to the all black pan body. Scanpan Professional is made from a core of solid squeeze-cast aluminum, forged into shape with 200 tons of pressure. The optimum thickness of the pan base prevents warping and keeps the pan base perfectly flat, especially important when used with glass top or ceramic ranges. The patented nonstick surface is created by firing a ceramic-titanium particles into the pan and a specially formulated nonstick compound is embedded in the ceramic-titanium surface. Scanpan Professional is safe to use with metal utensils and comes with a Lifetime Warranty. Made in Denmark. Fry/Omelet Pan 8-inch diameter
Top Customer Reviews
Since Scanpan offers a lifetime warranty I sent the pan back to them only to be informed that the rough and uneven spots that were forming on the surface were normal. I have never seen this in any non-stick cookware regardless of price. I feel like a fool having spent over $100 on this sub-par product.
- Great non-stick - when I make omelets, I don't need any butter at all. Burgers, chicken, steak, etc. don't stick at all.
- Cleanup - the surface is so non-stick that a simple wipe with a paper towel gets it visibly clean; followed by a little soapy water, and you're done.
- Easy to hold - it's well balanced, nice heft, and the handle is well shaped, it's very comfortable to work with.
- Even heating - the pan heats up *very* evenly.
- A pan I can put in the oven - unlike many non-sticks and many cheaper pans that have plastic handles, you can put all the Scanpan Professional pans in the oven when needed without worry. The pan even came with a little pot holder that slips over the handle for when you use it this way.
- The handle doesn't heat up on the stove - even though it's metal and riveted to the pan with large metal rivets, the handle stays cool and comfortable to use.
- Looks great - the stainless handle and the all-black pan just plain looks good.
- Dishwasher - while Scanpan calls these pans "dishwasher safe" it's also "not recommended" that you put them in the washer. I tried it once and got a little of the outside black coating to come off - not so it was noticeable, but I got a little bit of black dust on the towel. According to Scanpan, repeated washings will cause spotting and splotching. The good news is that it cleans so easily that it's not a deal killer.
- Purchasing - simply getting a hold of some of the pieces can be a challenge. I had to wait nearly 4 weeks for the 12 1/4" fry pan to come in as nobody in the country seemed to have it. Additionally, you're local stores probably aren't going to carry Scanpan, so if you're impatient, you're just going to have to learn to live with waiting for your cookware.
- Price - this is not inexpensive cookware. It's not outrageous - lesser brands cost nearly as much - but to outfit a kitchen is going to cost you somewhat over $1k by the time you're done (for what I want, I'm just over $1,500, for example). Do what I do and buy a piece a month or so and it's not that painful though.
- Lids - this is a personal choice, so it may not be a con for you, but I like glass lids - not the type Scanpan puts on the classic line, but the type they put on the CTX line. Well, the professional line only has stainless lids. I'd buy CTX lids instead, but the CTX line is *very* limited and they just don't have all the lids I'd need. But, if you like stainless lids, or just don't care, this wouldn't be a con for you.
- Rivets - this is both a good news/bad news item - on one hand, the rivets assure that the handle won't come loose; they hold the pan well and make sure you get a long life out of the pan. The bad is that food can collect on them that needs some vigorous scrubbing to come off. So far, I've not needed to use a toothpick to get the food off the perimeter of the rivets, but it wouldn't surprise me if at some point I make something that does require it.
So, all in all, this pan is the best fry pan I've ever had and all the other brands I've got are going to be getting donated away over the next few months as I completely replace them with Scanpan products.
2/2013: This pan is truly non-stick and you do get a good sear. However, the side is very short and prone to spills if you are not careful. This is very close to a crepe pan. Further, it says you can use metal utensils but although it does not scratch through the surface, you can see fine lines in the area you were 12/29/13:using them.
A similar pan bought from BERNDES at the same time (at similar prices), while also degraded a bit, is still ahead of SCANPAN.
I will try to get it replaced via the warranty, but people report having trouble doing so.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
See the Top Rated cookware in our Cookware Reviews.