Workplace Solutions Best of the Year Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 12DoD - Beauty Stocking Stuffers Get up to $100 back on House Cleaning services MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Platinum artists Shop Now 25% off select Graco products
Customer Discussions > Dead Space forum

Scariest game of all time!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-21 of 21 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 18, 2009 4:19:40 PM PDT
I played preety much every scary game out bioshock, dead space. and by far the cariest was FEAR.

Posted on May 27, 2009 3:53:35 PM PDT
Heather says:
Eh, sorry, but I have to disagree with you. I have never been scared playing FEAR. Dead Space has its moments, but it isn't terrifying either. Honestly, I am dissapointed with many of the "horror" games out right now. Maybe I'm just too hard to scare.... =P

Posted on Aug 6, 2009 12:01:54 PM PDT
Kel says:
The best horror game to ever hit the shelves was the Resident Evil remake Capcom did for the Gamecube... Between the crimson heads and thick atmosphere, it was making me nervous just holding the controller.

Posted on Aug 21, 2009 8:54:31 AM PDT
Brainspazm says:
Silent Hill - The first one in Playstation

Posted on Oct 27, 2009 2:32:26 PM PDT
Eirik Raude says:
doom 3
fear
dead space
silent hill 3 jesus !! sometimes I ran away from my tv.
silent hill 2

Posted on Oct 29, 2009 3:38:32 PM PDT
System Shock 2
Silent Hill (psx)
Silent Hill 2 and 4
Fatal Frame 2
Resident Evil (psx)
The Suffering

When it comes to fear nobody will ever be able to agree because everyone gets scared at different things. Just a thought.

Posted on Nov 2, 2009 7:08:28 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 2, 2009 7:21:51 PM PST
jbay says:
Scariest is F.E.A.R. ? Lol that ain't scary! Dead Space game pretty scary!

SPOILER:
(scariest part is when your trapped in that room with the regenerating necromorph!! wow)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2009 8:18:51 PM PST
FEAR was nit scary at all, it was dark, but not scary at all, you see alma like 5 times, and only like 1 or 2 of those encounters were scary, and the enemies were not scary at all

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2009 8:20:30 PM PST
doom 3 is the scariest game ive ever played, and ive played fear, resident evils, silent hills, bioshock, dead space, and a lot of other ones

Posted on Feb 4, 2010 7:01:13 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 4, 2010 7:27:09 AM PST
B. McLain says:
I agree Doom 3 was pretty scary. I bought it release day (rare) played it for two hours and put it down for almost a month. I came back and would only play it during daylight hours :D and beat it LOL. I thought that Alien vs. Predator (jaguar and PC remake) were both pretty scary when playing as the Marine. As for the Resident Evil remake for GameCube I went in to that unaware of the 'crimson heads' and when I eventual found out... Surprise, Surprise I screamed like a little girl and almost dropped the controller. I stopped playing after that and never did pick it back up... I really am a [insert derogatory name here LOL] On a side note I didn't find Dead Space all that scary after a few hours in. But here's my list none the same (In no particular order.)

Clock Tower <- You're COMPLETELY defenseless and have Scissor Hands after you. (This is NOT Edward :D )
Alien vs. Predator <- Jaguar and PC Versions. While playing with Marine. (They even included free underwear as a promo. LOL)
Silent Hill 1/2/3 <- Yup kept me up all night....
Resident Evil <- Game Cube Remake. The original never did bother me that bad... but the remake was a whole new beast.
Doom 3 <- The whole game kept you on the edge of your seat. It was awesome.
Half-Life <- Ohh yeah, that was pretty scary at points and I loved every minute. :D

I can't think of any more at the moment but there seems like there was more. As a side note the game itself isn't scary but if you've ever played Riven you were probably startled like I was at the little girl. LOL

Posted on Feb 21, 2010 12:00:11 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 21, 2010 12:03:31 AM PST
Duke 58 says:
yes......CLOCK TOWER the 1st one and the other one for the ps2 i believe CLOCK TOWER 3 was scary as hell... and i played them all RE FOR THE PS1 WHEN IT 1ST CAME OUT HAD SOME SCARY MOMENTS WE ALL MUST HAVE JUMPED WHEN THOSE DOGS CAME THROUGH THE WINDOW!!!!

Posted on Feb 22, 2010 3:53:32 AM PST
Javier D says:
Get Resident Evil 2 from the PSN.. now turn off the lights and increase the volume. Now, go walk through those corridors..

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 22, 2010 2:22:23 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 22, 2010 2:31:42 PM PDT
Aubrey Zahnd says:
@ J. N. Deleon

I couldn't agree more.

I remember playing RE2 about 10 years ago at a friends house. We were in his basement; lights off and volume up. I was playing Claire's campaign. Out of nowhere, a monster busted through the wall (in the game of course). At the same exact time this happened, my friend's dog decided to lick my hand. The cotroller went flying and I shrieked like a little girl!

All the while, my friend couldn't stop laughing. It was a day that will live in infamy between he and I. To this day, he still brings it up.

Posted on Jun 29, 2010 8:33:39 PM PDT
S. Smith says:
I would have to say Silent Hill 1 (psx), mostly the school and hospital in hell parts, geez. Also, RE2, the first horror game I had ever played, then I picked up RE1. Dead Space has it's moments also.

Posted on Jul 6, 2010 1:51:47 PM PDT
Z. Zakoian says:
Scariest game ever goes to Eternal Darkness.

Posted on Feb 12, 2011 7:24:03 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 12, 2011 7:29:14 AM PST
Hancock0451 says:
Anyone who says that bioshock is scary is a total noob and a little kid. The First Fear game had two scary moments for me and i literally screamed on one part where you go to climb down a ladder and when you look up Alma (the scary looking child is staring in your face*this part has gotten me even into my second and third playthrough* and another part on the start of interval 7 i think where you take five steps and a dead body bursts through a window right in front of you without warning. Fear 2 did the same thing with a ceiling tile falling which scared me pretty good and a moment later you walk into a hallway and a woman slams into a bulletproof window and gets shot up and that was startling since my tv volume was turned up. Dead Space one was not at all scary , sure it had a creepiness to it but i never jumped once. Dead space 2 i jumped twice in the first ten minutes of gameplay. One scary part i actually missed because my brother saw it and i heard it from another room, you enter an apartment room and you go into the bathroom to look around and then you go into the bedroom where an alarm clock goes off and it gets you especially if you have the volume up high enough. And last but not least, DOOM 3! Yes this game is by far the scariest game i have ever played, enemies sneak up on you out of nowhere and the entire game you can hardly see five feet in front of you and you can only use your flashlight when your weapon is put away(gay i know why couldnt they just duct tape it on right?) ((((*Forgot to add Alien vs Predator (xbox 360 version) its kind of scary to play the marine campaign because the sounds are taken directly ffrom the movie the aliens the guns and the radar thingy that pings and gets louder and faster the closer enemies get, plus it was so dark and the flashlight sucks, flares help a tiny bit.))))* Anyways i hope this helps.

Posted on Feb 15, 2011 12:24:29 PM PST
Hancock0451 says:
Why did amazon delete my post? Ah well i have to say doom 3 is the scariest game ive ever played hands down.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 1, 2011 8:13:31 AM PST
DEAD SPACE is clearly the scariest. Well actually .... DEAD SPACE 2 is the scariest. Though is more action packed. There's scenes/moments in the game that definately rack up the tension and instensity. Bioshock? Are you F&(kin kidding me? LMAO! The only other game that comes close is FEAR, but it certainly isn't as good as DS and DS2.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 1, 2011 8:15:06 AM PST
I AGREE!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 1, 2011 8:19:12 AM PST
Agree...BIG TIME. You know what, I think I change my mind from the earlier post. I think DEAD SPACE 1 is the scariest game.

Posted on Aug 2, 2011 1:05:34 AM PDT
J. Schwarz says:
System Shock 2, Call of Cthulu just for the atmosphere alone, Silent Hill. and Alien vs Predator. The Stalker Chernobyl series quite scary when venturing into the radioactive zones when those mutants grab you from behind. Fast and invisible especially scary when venturing into the tunnels and caves where you can't see.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Dead Space forum
Participants:  17
Total posts:  21
Initial post:  May 18, 2009
Latest post:  Aug 2, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

This discussion is about
Dead Space
Dead Space by Electronic Arts (Xbox 360)
4.6 out of 5 stars (341)