|Fits as expected||
|Price:||$148.90 - $199.99 & Free Return on some sizes and colors|
|Sale:||Lower price available on select options|
- Rubber sole
- New split sole allows for more flexibility
- Lower tension on the Achilles offers all-day comfort
- Bi-Tension active randing system provides maximum toe power
- Dual power strap closure allows adjustable fit
- Vibram XS edge provides incredible grip and durability
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Precise, versatile, and a best seller, the Vapor V opens 5.15 performance to the masses with an asymmetric and slightly downturned fit and Bi-Tension randing. Rather than jam toes forward, the rand connects beneath the toes and pulls backwards to the heel structure – the opposite of slingshot randing. The result? Power and precision, married to a stretch-gusseted airmesh tongue for comfort and VibramAr XS Edge rubber. Sticky, energized, comfortable shoes for anything steep, indoors or out.
Innovation and tradition share equally deep roots at SCARPA, a muti-generational, family-owned business whose headquarters and manufacturing facilities are in the same region of northern Italy where it was founded in 1938. SCARPA builds performance footwear for climbing, hiking, skiing, mountaineering, trail-running and other outdoor pursuits. Aside from being the Italian word for "shoe," SCARPA is an acronym for Societa Calzaturiera Asolana Riunita Pedemontana Anonima (Associated Shoe Manufacturing Company of the Asolo Mountain Area).
- Package Dimensions: 12 x 8 x 4 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B00920LROW
- Item model number: VAPOR V-M
- Date first available at Amazon.com: August 17, 2012
- Domestic Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
update: I bought them in a 42 and the width was a little better but that left dead space infront of the toes and the heel fit baggy, overall its an awesome looking shoe, but not for climbers with wide feet, I still give them a high rating because the seem to be well made, the styling is awesome, and the rubber is nice and sticky, just not made for wide feet
So far, the comfort level is still there from the first iteration and the less aggressive feel doesn't hinder the climbing
I wear a size 10 in street shoes. I tried 9.5 and 10 in these and the 10 was way too loose. The 9.5's are breaking in just fine due to the hot days I've used them in the gym.
The rubber is great, I'm able to smear when the problem calls for it. It's just thick enough that the more acute spike footholds are not painful and thin enough to where you can feel the shallow slopery footholds.
The break in period can be a little tough if this is your first pair of slightly down turned shoes, I would take them off every two attempts the first day but now I usually have them on for 30 minutes at a time. They are getting more comfortable each session. Yesterday was my 4th session with them.
I will definitely buy another pair if I wear these out.