- Paperback: 272 pages
- Publisher: Pfeiffer; 1 edition (December 17, 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1118127250
- ISBN-13: 978-1118127254
- Product Dimensions: 6.9 x 0.7 x 9.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 12 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 11 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #864,993 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Scenario-based e-Learning: Evidence-Based Guidelines for Online Workforce Learning 1st Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the Back Cover
Scenario-Based e-Learning offers a new instructional design approach that can accelerate expertise, build critical thinking skills, and promote transfer of learning. This book focuses on the what, when, and how of scenario-based e-learning for workforce learning. Throughout the book, Clark defines and demystifies scenario-based e-learning by offering a practical design model illustrated with examples from veterinary science, automotive troubleshooting, sales and loan analysis among other industries. Filled with helpful guidelines and a wealth of illustrative screen shots, this book offers you the information needed to:
- Identify the benefits of a SBeL design for learners and learning outcomes
- Determine when SBeL might be appropriate for your needs
- Identify specific outcomes of SBeL relevant to common organizational goals
- Classify specific instructional goals into one or more learning domains
- Apply a design model to present content in a task-centered context
- Evaluate outcomes from SBeL lessons
- Identify tacit expert knowledge using cognitive task analysis techniques
- Make a business case for SBeL in your organization
Praise for Scenario-Based e-Learning
"Clark has done it again?with her uncanny ability to make complex ideas accessible to practitioners, the guidelines in this book provide an important resource for you to build your own online, problem-centered instructional strategies."
?M. David Merrill, professor emeritus at Utah State University; author, First Principles of Instruction
"Clark's wonderful book provides a solid explanation of the how, what, and why of scenario-based e-learning. The tools, techniques, and resources in this book provide a roadmap for creating engaging, informative scenarios that lead to tangible, measurable learning outcomes. If you want to design more engaging e-learning, you need to read this book."
?Karl M. Kapp, Professor of Instructional Technology, Bloomsburg University; author, The Gamification of Learning and Instruction
About the Author
Dr. Ruth Colvin Clark has worked for over 20 years with trainingprofessionals assigned to design, develop, and select effectivetraining for classroom or computer delivery. She is widelypublished in training and performance improvement periodicals andwas recently bestowed a Distinguished Professional Service Awardfrom ISPI. She is the co-author of the best-selling e-Learningand the Science of Instruction.