Truck Reviews HPC Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now STL18_GNO

on July 15, 2016
It cost 1/3rd the price I paid for the first Sceptre HDTV I bought in 2004, yet it is even bigger. For TV, the colors are fine out of the box, but to use it as a computer monitor, on my Mac I had to make a new color profile for it. And I had to adjust the color settings, but it is looking really good. (Brightness = 50, Contrast = 37, Backlight = 75, Color = 69, Tint = -37, Sharpness = 57, ScreenSize = Full100%, Dynamic Contrast = On, Film Mode = On, Video Noise Reduction = High, DT Noise Reduction = High, MEMC Setting = On, White Balance R=124,G=120,B=115, and offsets are 1024). I'm not saying that it is perfect or what a calibration device would come up with, but it looks good and passes the calibration tests on-line. The MEMC setting is supposed to allow the TV to simulate 120Hz refresh rates by smoothing out the motion. The screen does not have a matte finish to it, so if you have sunlight coming through windows or lights in the room, it will reflect when the screen has a dark scene.

I also found out that my Sony stereo remote has some of the same commands, so the power button on the remote will now turn on both the TV and the stereo. It isn't the fastest to boot up though. I clocked it at 18 seconds when hooked up to my MacBook.

I haven't hooked it up to a 4K video source yet. But, it does great at 1920x1080. I am very happy with this TV so far. I also ordered it on a Friday and it showed up the next Wednesday a week early.
89 people found this helpful
|66 comments|Report abuse
on July 10, 2017
TV is great EXCEPT for significant black uniformity issues. Basically, the perimeter of the screen has white clouds that are lighter and darker in certain areas. It is especially visible when the screen is fully black. I actually ordered one tv that was quite bad and returned it for another that had less significant issues. If I paid more than $400 for this, I would have returned the second one and gone with a completely different TV.
9 people found this helpful
on August 11, 2017
Good TV. Came with a burnt out pixel and doesn't have HDR. One pet peeve of mine is the remote control input was in the center of the TV so my speaker was blocking it. Also it has the same remote code as my sony surround making turning it on/off a pain. But it was a nice TV all in all.
5 people found this helpful
on April 3, 2016
Mono sound great picture worth price just get a sound system with it
28 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on September 7, 2016
I am surprised to say that after reading about negative experiences with the Sceptre 55" 4K I am truley satisfied. Its my first 4K and The visual is very clear. My friends have complimented the clarity of this unit. No complaints !
23 people found this helpful
on February 27, 2017
Bought this tv on cyber monday and have no regrets. Does everything its suppose to do. Everything is perfect. Well worth the price.
6 people found this helpful
on February 8, 2018
It's a good tv for the price but a little over hyped. The colors are not 100 percent accurate, in fact. no matter how many adjustments u make, this tv has a hard time with the color yellow. I don't see the so called upscale and the memc is non-existent. Bottom line if u r short on cash like I was fine but if you can afford it go with Vizio or Samsung.
4 people found this helpful
on December 13, 2017
The picture is rather nice. The sound quality is poor at best. Extreamly light weight. Even the remote is super light and feels fake. Should be a smart tv for the price.
3 people found this helpful
on May 23, 2017
great pic for this price. very happy with my purchase!
5 people found this helpful
on January 14, 2018
Took a gamble and brought a refurbished model and was Pleasantly surprised, picture is great. Compared this to my 50in Sony and the picture is pretty close. The sound is terrible, so invest in a sound bar. I got the Amazon basic 2.1, works great.
2 people found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.