Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Schar Gluten Free Bread Crumbs - Net Wt. 8.8 oz.
Amazon Vehicles Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now

on July 15, 2010
Have used these in two recipes since receiving them a few days ago. They were delicious in both recipes.

For the first meal, I used ground turkey to make turkey burgers. In a mixing bowl, I combined the crumbs with one egg, chopped red and green bell pepper, chopped Vidalia onion, garlic powder, oregano, and salt. Mixed it all into my ground turkey and made burger patties, then sauteed them in olive oil on the stovetop. They developed a beautiful brown crust, and were moist and delicious. I have to say that they were even better than the way I normally make them.

My second time using them was last night, I made baked haddock. On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, I laid out 2 lbs. of boneless, skinless haddock. In a small bowl, I mixed crumbs, garlic powder, and oregano. I had also ordered some Schar GF table crackers that arrived all broken, so I smashed a couple of those up into fine crumbs and mixed them in too. I sprayed the fish with Pam olive oil spray, topped each piece with the crumb mixure, sprayed the top with a little more Pam, and baked them for 40 minutes at 350. They were excellent. I couldn't even tell the difference between these and the crumbs that aren't GF... in fact, maybe these were even better.

I highly recommend these, and I will keep a lot of them on hand to use in any dish requiring bread crumbs. You should be aware that they do contain soy, in case anyone is allergic or sensitive to it. (The crackers do not contain soy, so if you're sensitive to it, buy those instead and smash them up. They are a tasty alternative.)
on February 10, 2011
This product is a must for any gluten free family with kids. Chicken tenders were a msin meal in our house prior to going gluten free. There is a recipe on the package using olive oil and cooking in the oven instead of frying that tastes fabulous.
on August 15, 2014
These breadcrumbs are a lifesaver - I use these to make Chick-Fil-A style chicken nuggets. First I add either eggs or soy milk to a ziploc bag with chicken and breadcrumbs - shake and coat. Then I fry them in a frying pan with oil. My GFCF 2 year old gobbles them up. They reheat pretty well if you make a little bit extra, but they are the crispiest if you eat them fresh. I have also used them to make meatballs and they work very well for this purpose.
on October 16, 2012
These gluten free bread crumbs worked well for the recipes I used them in. However, I was able to find them at much cheaper prices after doing some additional research at my local stores. No complaints about the quality of the product, though!
on May 4, 2010
You can spice these up a little or just leave them plain. Either way, they coat and brown up beautifully--can't tell the difference between them and gluten bread crumbs. I wholeheartedly recommend them.
on January 2, 2014
Best gluten free bread crumbs in the world. Hands down first place. Forty years of gluten free cooking. Folks who are not gluten free would guess these crumbs are gf. Too good a secret to keep. They are worth the money. Use sparingly because once dipped in raw meat, the cannot be saved.
on August 9, 2016
I always turn to Schar for my gluten-free needs. The texture is comparable with regular breadcrumbs and the flavor is good. You won't be overwhelmed by a corn taste like many of the other gluten-free options out there.
on November 2, 2013
These taste really weird. I made fried chicken with them and they got so soggy.... and had a weird flavor and after taste. I almost couldn't even eat the chicken. I took the leftovers for lunch and just threw them out the next day and didn't eat because they were that bad. Will be trying another type of breadcrumb.
on November 7, 2012
Since I cannot eat gluten, I was frustrated trying to find a crumb substitute that actually tasted good in many recipes. Schar crumb mixture is wonderful. I use it in meat loaf, coat fish or chicken or any of the many recipes that call for bread crumbs. Outstanding!!
on February 12, 2014
Great product - no difference in taste compared to regular bread crumbs. You can add your own spices to mimic whatever flavor you're trying to achieve. A tad expensive, but I don't use bread crumbs too regularly anyway. I'll look for other Schar products to try as well!

See 1 answered question