Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide $54.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Last Minute Gifts Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

on December 13, 2016
A+
on March 9, 2006
Presented in manner to make it easy to understand and practice. I became an "accountant" within the period I took to go through the entire book-one month! Now I do my own accounts using the principles I leant and a Peachtree accounting software.

I will be purchasing Schaum's other books.
11 comment| 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 2, 2010
this book was purchased from Amazon. It came on time and was in great condition. I would buy from this seller again
on January 11, 2007
It was very clear and thorough. It is pretty good for the CLEP, but you will need Principles of Accounting 1 too.
on May 4, 2005
I admit it. I used to be intimidated with accounting. Its concepts were somewhat of a mystery. Debits and credits, journals and ledgers, balance sheets and income statements, adjusting entries, etc. You get the picture.

A year and a half ago, I bought this book. I now enjoy accounting because the authors were so successful and effective in teaching its precepts. Lerner and Cashin have turned muddy water into a clear pool. Why weren't my college professors so effective?

I read this book from cover to cover. I'm hoping that others will benefit as much as I have from this book. Chapters cover: accounting concepts, financial statements, transactional classification, adjusting and closing procedures, business and merchandising worksheets, methods of valuing inventory, receivables, cash and its control, payroll, and also property plant and equipment

The magic of this book revolves around lucid explanations and practical examples. The authors teach the principles, provide numerous examples and then afford the reader the opportunity to apply the lessons material. The book takes you step by step and builds upon the fundamentals.

If you take the time to do the chapter end problems, you should benefit greatly from this introduction to accounting.

Truly, I think the book is a wonderful resource and guide.
0Comment| 46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 22, 2009
I've recently decided to resume accounting classes after being out of school for 4 years. Since I was nervous about jumping into Intermediate courses without a review and it had been 4 years since taking Acct 1 & 2 I picked out this book. I found it to be very helpful in how it describes concepts and takes you through them in a progressive and sensible manner. There are so many review questions and workable questions that you are guaranteed to understand a concept before moving to the next chapter and concept. I found myself understanding the material better than I had 4 years past in my classroon class.

The only reason I gave it 4 stars rather than 5 is because about half way through the book I began to notice typos and errors in some of the review answers. They threw me off a little but since most were for basic math I knew that I was still on the right path. Overall I'm very satisfied with this book as a prep to Acct 2 and eventually higher level classes.
on February 22, 2009
Well written with plenty of examples and quizzes to allow you to understand each section
on November 29, 2006
Wow! It's realy simple and awesome book for who is looking for accounting knowledge.