CoolWare Personal Cooling System
- Beat the heat while outdoors
- Delivers a cool refreshing sensation
- Silent operation, Lightweight, universal fit
- Includes 2-oz. water refill bottle for on-the-go cooling.
- 7 1/2 x 6 x 1 1/2", weighs 14 ozs. Filled.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
1. One AA alkaline battery is included.
2. The plastic bottle included for carrying extra water is only 2 ounces.
3. After you fill the chambers on each side with water, you shake the unit vigorously and shake most of the water out through same vents. I fill mine under the tap)
4. If you don't shake the water out, it will leak out and get you wet.
5. There is a blue material inside each water chamber that gets wet when you put the water in and I assume that, the fan blowing and the metal is what is expected to cool you.
6. If you add water, shake it out, and put on the collar in an air conditioned house before you go outside it is very cold. That wears off the longer you stay out.
7. The fan area where the air blows out is very small and I don't think I ever really felt it on the back of my neck.
8.Read more ›
That all being said the device does work, the metal plates on the inside of the device do a good job to keep your neck cool and thus giving an overall cooling sensation, again don't expect a personal A/C system but it will at least allow you to feel cooler than you did without it. The only complaint I have is that the fan can be slightly noisy if in a quiet location when set to the "high" setting.
The biggest complaint I have seen other users describe is how the device "leaks", that being said the instructions that come with the device explain how to exactly how to remedy this. Specifically, they state to fill the device up with water until it leaks out the front (notifying that it is filled) then after doing so to "vigorously" shake the excess water out until dry. By following the instructions I have had no issues with with any water leaking or running down my neck.
One final suggestion, if you wish to speed up and improve the cooling process make sure when filling up the device with water, do so using water that's been refrigerated.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
it works... kinda. but for the most part its crap. don't waste your moneyPublished 13 months ago by Christopher Frost
I bought this a couple years ago and it was complete crap, all it did was make my neck sweaty, didnt cool me down a bit, wast of money.Published 17 months ago by brian ritchey
If you live in a humid place where temps soar, its basically useless. I can only see it helping in more mildly warm weather, I could barely feel it during summer and did nothing... Read morePublished 19 months ago by Isch Michel
This product is great. The back of my neck is what tells the rest of my body that I am hot. This product works just as described. Read morePublished on January 7, 2014 by Angel
This is even better than I expected. I am caring for my elderly Mom who needs it to be 89 degrees in here... this saves my life. Read morePublished on July 28, 2013 by Vera M Johnson