Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now FFII_gno

Format: DVD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,893 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,676 reviews
on May 29, 2016
I have been a student of history my entire life. Anne Franks diary had a profound impact on my life as a young girl, and as a woman. I've read Holocaust novels and memoirs. I've related the history of my people, who were enslaved Africans, to the six million lost Jews. As a teenager, thinking about "man's inhumanity to man," the holocaust, slavery, Hiroshima nuclear bombed I was able to maintain my own compassion for humanity. I've watched many documentaries about the holocaust. As for movies, Schindler's List and The Boy in the Blue Pajamas are the films I return to when I wish to put life's everyday tragedies into perspective. Schindler's List is masterfully told. It never seems like three hours have passed. Today I watched it twice, just to admire the technical brilliance of the film making. I appreciate Steven Spielberg very much. More than I can say here. I was moved. The loss of six million Jews, the heroism of a corrupt capitalism--illuminate something so profound about humanity and compassion I really don't have words. I just had to say something.
on April 20, 2013
Steven Spielberg's "Schindler's List" is not just an important historical piece, it's a wholly satisfying movie, and dare I say it, an entertaining one in its own right. Contrary to possible preconceptions, it's not a depressing slog of a movie. Much of the movie is gripping and taut with suspense. More importantly, there are genuine depictions of humanity and strength on display. Even moments of humor make their way into the film. Liam Neeson, Ralph Fiennes, and Ben Kingsley head up a terrific cast, bringing life and charisma to their portrayals. At times, the movie may get a little melodramatic, but Steven Zaillian has crafted a great screenplay and Spielberg knows when big emotional flourishes are warranted. Everything from the cinematography, costumes, music, production design, and more are uniformly excellent.

The film has been newly remastered for this Blu-ray and it looks terrific. The transfer is natural, film-like, and features great sharpness, detail, and shadow depth. The Blu-ray really showcases Janusz Kaminski's masterful black and white photography. The audio is equally excellent and does a great job presenting the film's sound design and John Williams' music.

The biggest disappointment from this Blu-ray is the film's supplements. I guess Spielberg wants to treat this film as a historical document, and likewise the only extras are testimonies from Holocaust survivors and a brief piece about the Shoah Foundation (both the DVD #2 found in this set). While I understand the decision, I feel the movie also deserves to have its own story told. Why did Spielberg choose to make this film? How was it developed? How did the cast approach their roles? None of these topics are discussed on this Blu-ray. The only real document of the film's production we have is Franciszek Palowski's book "The Making of Schindler's List: Behind the Scenes of an Epic Film".
on September 3, 2017
This is a much better movie than I expected - had never watched before. We rented it for my son's world literature class - otherwise probably would have never watched it. Normally I try to avoid movies that win a lot of awards because they are terrible, but not this one. Holocaust movies are difficult to watch - this one was tolerable as far as the violence goes. The story is interesting - and the ending is amazing when it all comes together. Schindler saved a lot of lives, and this is the story of how it happened.
on February 25, 2016
One of the most powerful films in cinematic history. A story of Schindler. ..a flawed human that cared. A man that saw and helped the Jewish people that were targeted for death. An important film because history sadly can repeat itself. When a "leader" arises in any country and says that all that country's ills are because of a group of people, and the citizens buy into it without question, the roots of fascism is sown . Get the film...watch it...cry...but remember we as a people must never allow this to happen here.
on June 1, 2017
I am so late to this party, but I finally saw this movie on Prime Now at 26 and understand why it's so highly regarded. Yes, it's very long- but the story is so well put together I didn't care. The acting is great, the shots are well done, the story is incredible. And yes, I did cry. Whew, powerful stuff. Amazing.
on February 6, 2015
A great film, of course. The documentary, 'Voices From the List', is a fantastic insight into the story of Oskar Schindler and the Jews saved by him. One of the greatest documentaries I have ever seen included with a Blu-ray or DVD. The increased definition of the Blu-ray is phenomenal. It's a nice Blu-ray/DVD set with some nice extras.

The film speaks for itself.
on April 14, 2017
It is a must watch movie based on a true story. It is war movie but does not deal with war itself. It is about a person sacrificing almost everything he had to save hundreds of lives. this man and people he saved lived many more years to tell the generosity of Mr Schindler. This is the moive which get your faith back in the humanity. Got to watch this movie.
on April 2, 2014
Schindler's List is a reminder to all of those that go after us that we are capable of great evil and great compassion. Why Schindler decided to do what he did he and God will only know but it was brought to life in this film. His devotion to those who worked for him was unending. And his ability to find essentiality where the naked eye could not see was amazing. He didn't do it for greatness but for something deeper and personal. One could only hope that there are others in this world who are like this man was in such horrible circumstances. Schindler's List is long, over 3 hours but it has depth and insight that many movies cannot bring out that all generations should be subject to.
on June 19, 2016
Excellent movie! This movie depicts the brutal murders and extreme torture of innocent Jewish people during the Holocaust. It shows the horrifying and dehumanizing events the innocent experienced during the Holocaust, but most importantly, it also shows the courage and compassion of a powerful man who saved thousands of innocent lives. The movie is very graphic and hard to watch at times but I think it was important to show in order to fully understand how real the Holocaust was and to show how cold-hearted and ruthless the SS officers were. I loved how the Schindler's Jews shown in the movie were the actual survivors that worked for Oskar Schindler. Excellent acting by the whole cast especially by Liam Neeson and Ben Kingsley. Oskar Schindler is truly inspiring; he put his life and everything he worked hard for at risk and saved lives. This is a classic movie that everyone needs to watch.
on February 25, 2017
I'm glad 😁 I order this movie 🎥 please don't laugh at me because I have seen this movie before. A lot of people telling me this movie is very 😊 but it some sad 😭 parts in the movie. So I test the movie on my blu-ray player. The picture and the transferring turn out great 👍🏾 when ever I get time time I have to sit down and watch it in a quiet day and time.