|Part Number||BE479 V CEN 619|
|Item Weight||5.2 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||4.5 x 3 x 8 inches|
|Item model number||BE479 V CEN 619|
|Batteries||4 AA batteries required.|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Included Components||Lockset, Hardware, Installation Instructions|
|Battery Cell Type||Alkaline|
|Warranty Description||Limited Lifetime mechanical and finish warranty; 3 year electronics warranty|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Schlage Sense Smart Deadbolt with Century Trim in Satin Nickel (BE479 CEN 619)
|Price:||& FREE Shipping|
|You Save:||$73.01 (32%)|
|Finish Type||Satin Nickel|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||4.5 x 3 x 8 inches|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Hands-free voice control requires Schlage Sense WiFi Adapter and Alexa device (sold individually)
- Free iOS and Android smartphone app lets you manage codes, set schedules and view usage history
- Lock and unlock from anywhere by pairing with the Schlage Sense WiFi Adapter (sold separately)
- Pair with Apple HomeKit devices to use with iOS and Siri voice control only. Door thickness range - 1 3/8 to 1 3/4 inches thick door kit extends 1 7/8 to 2 1/4 inches
- Backed by a limited lifetime mechanical and finish warranty, and a limited three-year electronics warranty. See Schlage warranty for full details. Warranty valid only on “Ships from and sold by Amazon.com or Buildcom” purchases.
Customer ratings by feature
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
|Learn More||Learn More||Learn More|
|Mode of entry||Enter access code on keypad or use key||Enter your access code on touchscreen||Give access remotely with existing Z-Wave system, enter access code on touchscreen or use key||Unlock with Schlage smart-phone app, enter access code on touchscreen or use key|
|Advanced security||-||Keyless design is 100% bump-proof and pick-proof||Built-in alarm technology senses potential door attacks||Built-in alarm technology senses potential door attacks|
|Home automation||-||-||Lock or unlock from anywhere by connecting with compatible Z-Wave Home Automation systems||Lock or unlock anywhere with Schlage Sense Wi-Fi Adapter or by pairing with Apple TV/iPad for HomeKit-enabled smart home|
Compare with similar items
Schlage Encode Smart WiFi Deadbolt with Century Trim In Satin Nickel
Schlage BE479AA V CAM 619 Satin Nickel Sense Smart Deadbolt with Camelot Trim
Schlage Sense Smart Deadbolt With Century Trim (Matte Black)
SCHLAGE BE479 CAM 716 Aged Bronze Steel Electronic Deadbolt
Schlage BE469ZP CEN 619 Connect Smart Deadbolt With Alarm Inbuilt Century Trim In Satin Nickel
|Sold By||Bomb Brands ✔||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Color||Satin Nickel||Satin Nickel||Satin Nickel||Matte Black||Aged Bronze||Satin Nickel|
|Item Dimensions||4.5 x 3 x 8 inches||2.26 x 3 x 5.47 inches||5 x 3 x 1 inches||5 x 3 x 1 inches||5 x 1 x 3 inches||3 x 1 x 5 inches|
The Schlage Sense Smart Deadbolt with Century Trim in Satin Nickel makes daily life easier and more convenient. Enter an access code on the touchscreen to unlock the door instead of searching your pockets for keys. Pair the lock with your smartphone over Bluetooth . Share access with trusted friends and family with just a few taps in the Schlage Sense app – no more keeping track of spare keys. The Schlage Sense lock is easy to install yourself in minutes. It’s battery operated so there’s no hardwiring required, and the lock will still accept access codes if the power goes out at home. Typical battery life with average use is about one year, and the low battery indicator reminds you weeks in advance to replace it. You can update the lock wirelessly through the app as new features are released, which means you never have to buy a new lock to take advantage of the latest capabilities. Add the Schlage Sense Wi-Fi Adapter (sold separately) to your home Wi-Fi network to lock/unlock from anywhere on Android smartphones, iPhone , iPad or iPod touch . Or, if you have an iPad /Apple TV connected to your home Wi-Fi network, you can control the lock from your iPhone as part of your HomeKit-enabled smart home.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Once the summer hit, the key pad stopped working all together, locking out our houseguests late on a Friday evening. Fortunately we had a back up master lock key box that had a key in it for them to use the rest of their time at the house.
We contacted the manufacturer who promised to rush us a new one - it took over a week to arrive. Once installed, that one's keypad worked for less than a week, locking out another houseguest.
We are so disappointed in the unreliability and will be removing the lock.
Installing it took me about 5-10 minutes, and was very simple. I followed the video that comes on the iPhone app -- it was very helpful. The most important thing is NOT to try to move the lock until the lock has set itself up at the end of the installation. It doesn't turn easily until it's set up, and you shouldn't turn it at all.
The pairing process with the iPhone app is seamless and fast, and after that the app can control pretty much anything you want the lock to do.
Here's some really things about the lock (all of which are set in the iPhone app):
• It can sound an alarm if someone is trying to kick the down down (you need to turn on this feature, however). Normal bumping (even hard) against the door doesn't do anything in my experience. It takes a lot of force to make it alarm.
• You can set the lock to automatically lock after a time period of your choosing. That means that the door just always will stay locked (you need to close the door, of course).
• You can set the code length you want. If 4 digits isn't secure, you can choose any length of code you want -- from four to eight digits (eight digits is 100 million combinations). I love this feature because it makes the lock very secure. All codes need to be the same length.
• You can turn on or off a quick lock feature that allows you to just press the Schlage logo on the outside to lock the door without entering a code. Unlocking always requires a code, of course.
• You can view a log of every lock action so you can see when the lock was opened and closed (and by who if they used a code).
• You can add or delete codes for anyone you want quickly and easily, and those codes can be set for specific days and times. For example, if someone comes to walk your dog between 12 and 3 on weekdays, you can set the code to work only to work during the time they will walk the dog. That way they don't have access at night, for example.
The primary downside of this device is that it requires Apple devices to work well. That means that Android users aren't going to get anywhere near the features as iOS users. And it requires a recent AppleTV to work remotely, and as of now, Apple's implementation is flaky for remote operation. The nice thing is that you should be able to unlock your door just by asking Siri, but in my experience, that's flaky, too. It worked for a while, then stopped. Luckily, the app works really well when you're close to the locks (within about 20-30 feet).
Another issue is that if you want to invite other users to use the iOS app, they need to have an iCloud account enabled on their iPhone with the correct settings for passwords enabled. This is a little finicky if you don't know the procedure. I'm a technical person, and it only took about 5 minutes to figure it out.
In short, this is an amazing lock with a great iOS app. However, if you want to unlock the door remotely, you rely on Apple and the AppleTV, which are both flaky. This could change in the future, but right now don't plan on a good remote experience.
Just bought this lock and it is simply awesome. Took me about 10 mins to install with only a screw driver. I watched their installation video in advance and just follow the steps. Setting up HomeKit took 2 mins and Siri was working great both inside and outside of home via my Apple TV.
This is an example of a well designed product. They did a detail installation video. Walked you to every steps. Anticipate and remind you not to lock yourself out, etc. This reminds me of the fruit company I know. Yes Apple. This lock just works. I tested it for the past 12 hours lock and unlock all over the house with Siri and the app; the Bluetooth seems to pick it up over 60 feet. Works great with Apple watch via Siri too. This lock is just flawless.
Before this Sense, I tried a smart lock called "August" and it was horrible. That big knob that you use to open/close got old after 3 days. Yes, smart lock or not, you will still need to manual lock/unlock it. I got locked out of my house with a three year old that needed to go potty, coming home one day. That was it. I returned it and waited for this HEAVEN lock. Pre-ordered this lock and it made lots of sense now :)
Regarding remote access, you need to have:
1. 3rd Gen Apple TV (2015 Apple TV is better. I think it has better bluetooth with longer range).
2. Set sleep mode to "Never"
3. Log out of AppleTV and log back in to iCloud (do this after setting up your lock)
4. AppleTV needs to be within bluetooth distant to your door
Mine works perfectly outside of home.
My door was hard to lock because of my strike plate was a bit too small. I must pull in the door to lock and the Sense locks fine with some struggles. I replaced with a "Gator Strike Plate" bought here on Amazon and my door locking is smooth as butter. Worth the $6.00 bucks.
Gator Strike Plate
Do not hesitate. If you are in the Apple camp, buy this. It is simply awesome.
**** UPDATE **** I have 3 of these locks (2 Century and 1 Camelot) and about every few weeks, I have to reset all of them by pulling the batteries for them to work again. I was locked outside of my house twice. It happened on all 3 locks and twice on one of them. I called support today and they are replacing all my three locks.
The symptom seems to be as soon as I cannot connect to the lock via Schlage app or Siri, and if I tried to lock it, it makes a strange sound like it is struggling to lock and after that, the keypad will not response when punching in any code and you're locked out of the house. The only thing left to do is to pull the batteries. After this reset, things will be back to normal again. If any of you experience this, please let me know with a comment.
I am changing my review rating to 1 star from 5 stars.
Top reviews from other countries
My main beef involves connectivity. It's pathetic that a lock costing as much as this will not interface with a standard wi-fi router. The consumer is required to purchase separate Schlage hardware in order to take advantage of remote features such as locking/unlocking and changing user codes. I installed the lock on a cottage that we're planning to rent as an AirB&B and need these features so that we're not needing to be on site before or after every renter. I recently installed a $70 wi-fi outdoor camera and was able to interface it with our router in five minutes. Schlage won't be winning over many fans with this product. Don't be reeled in by the description. It's not what Schlage claims it to be.