|Item Weight||3.2 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||1.2 x 2.6 x 2.6 inches|
|Item model number||BR400|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Included Components||Warranty, Hardware, Quick Start Guide|
|Warranty Description||1-year limited warranty|
Schlage BR400 Sense Wi-Fi Adapter, White (2.4GHz WiFi only)
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Works with Schlage Sense Smart Deadbolt only (Does not work with Apple HomeKit)
- Schlage Sense Wi-Fi adapter requires a 2.4GHz network
- May not be compatible with routers that use the same SSID for both 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands (including some mesh Wi-Fi router systems)
- Comes with the same Type of encryption used in many online purchases
- Lock/unlock from anywhere on Android smartphones, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch. Works with Google assistant
- Easy pairing with smartphone through Schlage sense app
- Easy to set up: just plug into power and connect to home Wi Fi network
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
The Schlage sense Wi-Fi Adapter lets you lock/unlock your Schlage sense smart deadbolt from anywhere with your Android smartphone, iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Simply plug the small Wi-Fi Adapter into power at home. Use the Schlage sense app to pair it with your deadbolt and connect it to your home Wi-Fi network for anywhere access. Schlage sense Wi-Fi Adapter must stay plugged into power at home, connected to Wi-Fi and in Bluetooth range – about 40 feet – from the lock to enable remote access. Wi-Fi Adapter is not compatible with HomeKit
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
To get it set up, you have to create an account with Schlage. On your phone. With a poorly designed UI to guide you through. But it's not too bad for an app built 20 years ago. Rating: 3 stars.
Then you have to register your locks with that new account that you created with Schlage. First, it takes you to an even more archaic and embedded "browser app inside the Schlage app" page, where YOU HAVE TO ENTER ALL OF THAT INFORMATION ALL OVER AGAIN. Oh, not just that information! Now you have to enter your address and your phone number and your date of birth and your social security number and mother's maiden name and shoe size and car color and a billion other annoying things. But don't worry, because IT WON'T WORK ANYWAYS because you don't live in an apartment and it requires your address to be an apartment. Every few seconds, the entire app messes up as it forces you to verify AGAIN that you're not a ROBOT. Like any ROBOT would be stupid enough to use this app. And speaking of stupid, why would I want to have an electronically controllable lock registered in a central location WITH MY PHYSICAL ADDRESS?!?!?! Rating: -1,047,572,105,253 stars. This is the ABSOLUTE WORST iPhone EXPERIENCE THAT I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE.
So I go to the Schlage web site to complain. I fill out the feedback form. I press "send", and it pops up some unrelated attempt at getting me to not email them by giving me a list of unrelated FAQ entries to click on, none of which allows me to SEND THE EMAIL THAT THEY JUST MADE ME FILL OUT TO COMPLAIN. Obviously, their UI development is outsourced to blind moles in Tasmania who went extinct 20 years ago. Rating: NEGATIVE 17 QUADRILLION stars.
I've had several of these locks for YEARS. I love the locks, even if updating their firmware is similar in nature to installing a IBM mainframe in 1957.
But WOW, just WOW!!!! This experience has made me want to put Schlage completely out of business!
1. If your Wi-Fi network has both 2.4 ghz and 5 ghz capabilities - and most do - temporarily disable the 5 ghz channel
2. Remove the Schlage lock from your HomeKit configuration.
3. Delete the Schlage Sense app from your phone
4. Turn off and re-start your phone
5. Make sure that you have handy the original Programming Code and User Codes that came with your lock when you bought it.
6. Re-set the Schlage lock to its factory configuration. Do so by a) disconnect the battery connector, b) press and hold the outside Schlage button, and while holding the outside Schlage button, reconnect the battery connector, c) make sure that you correctly reset the lock to its factory configuration by pressing the outside Schlage button and then entering one of the two four digit User Codes that came with the lock (if successful, the lock should run through a quick locking sequence.
7. Reinstall Schlage app on phone.
8. From the Schlage app on phone, create a Schlage account (you'll need to enter a valid email account and create a password)
9. Add your lock to the Schlage Sense app by tapping on the "+Lock" icon on the top right of the screen.
10. If you get an "it looks like you're using a Home Kit configuration" message, tap on "Explore Other Options"
11. When asked, enter the Programming Code from the original documentation, first on your phone and then on the lock. You'll then be asked to establish and name the code you want to use on the lock's outside keypad.
12. *Do not plug the wifi adapter in to an outlet yet*. Tap on the 3-bar icon on the upper left of the Schlage app screen.
13. Tap "Wi Fi Adpaters"
14. Tap the "+" icon.
15. When indicated, scan the QR code on the back of the WiFi adapter with your phone.
16. Plug the WiFi adapter in to an outlet.
17. Follow the instructions, which will include entering your Wifi account and password.
18. Once your WiFi adapter connects, it might ask if you want to update its firmware. Do so if asked by following the instructions.
19. Test everything out from the Schlage Sense app by using it to unlock and lock the door first while your phone is on your local wifi, and second, when your phone is on your cellular network.
20. If everything is working right, remember to go back to the controller for your Wi-Fi router to turn the 5 ghz channel back on.
21. Fly to some remote corner of the earth to lock and unlock your home's front door, while thinking all along: this is the coolest thing ever!
Top reviews from other countries
Lo use con iOS 13.3 y tuve que seguir las recomendaciones de otro usuario, durante el registro del adaptador, cambié manualmente la red a la del adaptador (BR400) y posteriormente el asistente me indicó que estaba en diferente red y la cambié manualmente.
Con esto logré configurar el adaptador y ya se encuentra conectado y funcionando.
Le pongo 4 estrellas porque me tarde en vincularlo, finalmente después de resetearlo y apagar y encender el Wifi varias veces pude conectarlo con la app.
Una vez ya que estuvo vinculado ha trabajado sin problemas.