|Digital List Price:||$5.99|
|Print List Price:||$10.95|
Save $6.34 (58%)
The Scholarship Game: A No-Fluff Guide To Making College Affordable Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
My son is a high school senior, so we've been down this track together. I was interested to read what Arnce might have to contribute. Perhaps my other son, who is now a sophomore in can benefit. . . . First of all, the majority of The Scholarship Game is focused on the application and college selection process. It's useful, but not terribly original. If a student has not read something like this, Arnce's book would be a good place to start.
The balance of the book addresses the school-based scholarship selection process that centers on a weekend visit. Arnce gives some tips for the weekend, especially the interviews that occur during the weekend. Again, useful if not terribly insightful information. The problem is, in our experience the kids who are invited to these scholarship weekends are already top candidates vying for scholarships, some at a variety of schools. If you are not in the highest sliver of your high school class, and didn't score near-perfect scores on the ACT or SAT, don't be surprised if you are not invited to these weekends.
That's the bottom line of Arnce's book. One might easily be left with the impression that if you're not in that highest echelon of college-bound students, you are out of luck. Yes, it's a game. But the reality is, lots more kids can play than the kids for whom Arnce writes. There are plenty of better books out there, I'm sure, that cover the pursuit of scholarships for a wider slice of students.
Thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for the complimentary electronic review copy!
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education & Teaching > Higher & Continuing Education
- Books > Education & Teaching > Schools & Teaching > Funding
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > Two hours or more (65-100 pages) > Education & Reference
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Education & Teaching > Higher & Continuing Education
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Education & Teaching > Teacher Resources > Education Theory > Finance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Education & Teaching > Teacher Resources > Funding
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Education & Teaching > Teacher Resources > Reference