Other Sellers on Amazon
Scholastic Treasury of 100 Storybook Classics
There is a newer version of this item:
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
100 award-winning and classic children s stories are faithfully adapted and brought to life in this comprehensive 16-DVD collection. From the Maurice Sendak classic Where the Wild Things Are, to the beloved adventures of Curious George and Corduroy, parents and children alike are sure to enjoy these classic treasures, featuring celebrity narration from Sarah Jessica Parker, James Earl Jones and many more!
The Treasury Includes 16 Favorites from the #1 Award-Winning Children s DVD Series:
Where the Wild Things Are... and other Maurice Sendak Stories
Harry the Dirty Dog... and more terrific tails
Curious George Rides a Bike... and more tales of mischief
Good Night, Gorilla... and more bedtime stories
Chrysanthemum... and more Kevin Henkes stories
Chicka Chicka Boom Boom... and lots more learning fun!
Harold and the Purple Crayon... and more Harold Stories
Click, Clack, Moo: Cows that Type... and more fun on the farm
There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly... and more stories that sing
Make Way for Ducklings... and more Robert McCloskey Stories
Corduroy... and more stories about friendship
Strega Nona... and more Caldecott Award-winning folk tales
The Snowy Day... and more Ezra Jack Keats stories
Is Your Mama a Llama?... and more stories about growing up
The Teacher from the Black Lagoon... and more slightly scary stories
Why Mosquitoes Buzz in People s Ears... and more stories from Africa
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I was disappointed by the organization. Yes. The stories artre all clearly listed on the box in alphabetical order, but they're hard to find on the DVDs because they're not organized in any particular way per DVD set.
For example. I LOVE Courduroy. They probably could have included the live action movie along with the two cartoon versions that more closely resemble the books. Instead.. they put a book called "Yo! Yes?" on the DVD... That starts out with two kids throwing a ball back and forth saying and one saying "You? ... .... .... " pointing to himself and tossing the ball and the other one responding "You? ... ... ...." ...... hmmmm... not so educational. Not so interesting. Kind of a waste of space on the DVD. This particular DVD also has "Here Comes the Cat!" -- which I had never heard of.
While skimming the DVDS, I thought I was getting jipped. 3-4 stories on each of the 16 DVDs doesn't really come up to 100. Thats when I noticed they were counting sories they put in the DVD features as a special. I thought the features area was supposed to be for author comentaries... actual extras.. ?? Then.. The best part of this is that you actually only get 90 stories. 10 are also available in Spanish. If you're not learning spanish.. Given that most DVDs currently come in English and Spanish--- This was a little disappointing. AND misleading. I think that's why I couldn't find a list of stories included ANYWHERE.
The "read along" is really just captions. You can turn them on yourself.
You can't skip their advertisement for the DVD set you already own. You can fast forward... but strangly, you are then able to forward past the main menu and end up watching something aweful.
That being said.. there are a few good ones on here. I haven't really decided if it was worth buying as a set or if I should have purchased each one individually. I spent $50. I'm seeing some of the individuals selling used for as low as $1. (I don't think I'd spend much more than $3 on each one as an individual). Resale value is low....
Key to my list:
Here's the list (And again.. astericks mark the ones that are on the cover). (Sp) means that it is also in Spanish. I have gone ahead and numbered them Sp-10 accordingly. "Bonus" means the story is located in the special features section as a bonus story, rather than on the main menu. ... I only included such detailed info on 8 of 16 DVDs. However, all of the titles are listed.
1. Alligators All Around
2. Angurs and the Ducks
3. Antartic Antics [Fly Story 2 of 5]
4. Apt. 3
5. The Beast of Monsieur Racine
6. Blueberries for Sal [Ducklings Story 2 of 5]
7. Burt Dow: Deep-Water Man [Ducklings Story 4 of 5] "Bonus"
8. By the Light of the Halloween Moon [Lagoon Story 3 of 7]
9. Cat and Canary
10. The Caterpillar and the Polliwog
11. Changes, Changes
12. Charlie Needs a Cloak [Moo Story 5 of 5] "Bonus"
13. Chicka Chicka Boom Boom
14. Chicken Soup with Rice
16. * Click, Clack, Moo: Cows That Type [Moo Story 1 of 5] (Sp6)
17. * Corduroy [Corduroy Story 1 of 4]
18. The Cow who Fell in the Canal [Moo Story 4 of 5] "Bonus"
19. Curious George Rides a Bike
20. A Darm Dark Tale [Lagoon Story 5 of 7] "Bonus"
21. The Day Jimmy's Boa Ate the Wash [Moo Story 2 of 5]
22. Drummer Hoff [Harold Story 5 of 6] "Bonus"
23. Elizabeti's Doll [Mama a Llama Story 3 of 5]
24. Five Creatures [Mama a Llama Story 5 of 5] "Bonus"
25. Fossie and the Fox
26. The Foolish Frog
27. 14 Rats and a Rat Catcher
28. Georgie [Lagoon Story 6 of 7] "Bonus"
29. Good Night, Gorilla
30. Goose [Mama a Llama Story 4 of 5]
31. The Great White Man-Eating Shark
32. Happy Birthday, Moon
33. The Happy Lion
34. * Harold and the Purple Crayon [Harold Story 1 of 6]
35. Harold's Fairy Tale [Harold Story 3 of 6]
36. Harry the Dirty Dog
37. The Hat
38. Here Comes the Cat! [Corduroy Story 3 of 4]
39. Hot Hippo
40. How do Dinosaurs Say Good Night?
41. In the Night Kitchen
42. * Is Your Mama a Llama [Mama a Llama Story 1 of 5] (Sp1)
43. Joey Runs Away
44. John Brown, Rose and the Midnight Cat
45. Joseph Had a Little Overcoat [Nona Story 2 of 4]
46. Keeping House [Fly Story 4 of 5] "Bonus"
47. Lentil [Ducklings Story 5 of 5] "Bonus"
48. Leo and the Late Bloomer [Mama a Llama Story 2 of 5] (Sp2)
49. A Letter to Amy
50. * Make Way for Ducklings [Ducklings Story 1 of 5] (Sp5)
52. Musical Max [Fly Story 3 of 5] (Sp7)
53. The Mysterious Tadpole [Harold Story 4 of 6] "Bonus"
54. The Napping House
55. Officer Buckle & Gloria
56. One Was Johnny
58. The Paperboy
60. Pet Show!
61. Peter's Chair
63. A Picture for Harold's Room [Harold Story 2 of 6]
65. The Pig's Wedding [Moo Story 3 of 5]
66. The Rainbabies [Corduroy Story 4 of 4] "Bonus"
67. Rosie's Walk
68. Smile for Auntie [Harold Story 6 of 6] "Bonus"
69. The Snowy Day
70. Stone Soup [Nona Story 3 of 4] (Sp4)
71. A Stoy, A Story
72. * Strega Nona [Nona Story 1 of 4] (Sp3)
73. The Tale of the Mandarin Ducks [Nona Story 4 of 4] "Bonus"
74. * The Teacher From the Black Lagoon [Lagoon Story 1 of 7]
75. Teeny-Tiny and the Witch-Woman [Lagoon Story 7 of 7] "Bonus
76. * There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly [Fly Story 1 of 5]
77. The Three Robbers [Lagoon Story 4 of 7]
78. Time of Wonder [Ducklings Story 3 of 5]
79. Trashy Town
80. The Trip
81. The Village of Round and Square Houses
82. Waiting for Wings [Fly Story 5 of 5] "Bonus"
83. What's Under my Bed? [Lagoon Story 2 of 7]
84. A Weekend for Wendell
85. Where the Whild Things are
86. Whistle for Willie
87. Who's in Rabbit's House?
88. Why Mosquitoes Buzz in People's Ears
89. The Wizard
90. Yo! Yes? [Corduroy Story 2 of 4]
One star lost for terrible organization.
Half star lost for story selection and choices of movies. (They're not all so great.. but I guess that's what you expect with 100 stories, right?)
Half star lost for including "Bonus" spanish versions as 10 of the 100 stories.
... Oh .. And spanish versions are included for:
click Click Moo, Curious George Rides a Bike, Is your Mama a Llama, Leo and the Late Bloomer, Make Way for Ducklings, Musical Max, Stone Soup, Strega Nona, Where the Wild Things Are, Why mosquitoes buzz in Peoples Ears.
Disc 1: Curious George Rides a Bike...and a lot more monkeying around
Curious George Rides a Bike
Fourteen Rats and a Rat-Catcher
Why Mosquitoes Buzz in People's Ears
Here Comes the Cat!
Frog Goes to Dinner
Disc 2: Where the Wild Things are...and five more stories by Maurice Sendak
Where the Wild Things are
In the Night Kitchen
Alligators All Around
One Was Johnny
Chicken Soup with Rice
Disc 3: Harold and the Purple Crayon...and more stories to spark the imagination
Harold and the Purple Crayon
A Picture for Harold's Room
Harold's Fairy Tale
Time of Wonder
The Foolish Frog
Disc 4: Harry the Dirty Dog...and more playful puppy stories
Harry the Dirty Dog
No Roses for Harry
Officer Buckle and Gloria
Dot the Fire Dog
I Want a Dog
Disc 5: Chicka Chicka Boom Boom...and more fun with letters and numbers!
Chicka Chicka Boom Boom
Wild About Books
Inch by Inch
Blueberries for Sal
A Story-A Story
Millions of Cats
Disc 6: Chicka Chicka 1, 2, 3...and more counting fun!
Chicka Chicka 1, 2, 3
Emily's First 100 Days of School
How Much is a Million?
If You Made a Million
Disc 7: Chrysanthemum...and more mouse mayhem
A Weekend with Wendell
The Caterpillar and the Polliwog
Hondo and Fabian
Disc 8: Make Way for Ducklings...and more delightful duck stories
Make Way for Ducklings
The Story About Ping
The Ugly Duckling
Angus and the Ducks
Cat and Canary
Wings: A Tale of Two Chickens
Disc 9: The Ezra Jack Keats Collection
The Snowy Day
Whistle for Willie
A Letter to Amy
Disc 10: How Do Dinosaurs Say Goodnight?...and more dinosaur tales
How Do Dinosaurs Say Goodnight?
How Do Dinosaurs Get Well Soon?
How Do Dinosaurs Eat Their Food?
Danny and the Dinosaur
Stanley and the Dinosaurs
T is foor Terrible
Disc 11: Diary of a Spider...and more cute critter stories
Diary of a Spider
Roberto the Insect Architect
Norman the Doorman
The mysterious Tadpole
The Story of the Dancing Frog
Disc 12: Click, Clack, Moo: Cows That Type...and more amusing animal tales
Click, Clack, Moo: Cows That Type
The Cow Who Fell in the Canal
Waiting for Wings
Let's Give Kitty a Bath
Disc 13: William Steig's Pete's a Pizza...and more great kid stories
Pete's a Pizza
The Great White Man-Eating Shark
The Island of the Skog
What's Under My Bed?
The Five Chinese Brothers
Disc 14: I Stink!...and more stories on wheels
Mike Mulligan and His Steam Shovel
The REmarkable Riderless Runaway Tricycle
The Beast of Monsieur Racine
Arnie the Doughnut
Disc 15: Strega Nona...and more stories about magic
Sylvester and the Magic Pebble
The Amazing Bone
Teeny-Tiny and the Witch-Woman
Disc 16: Rapunzel...and more classic fairytales
The Elves and the Shoemaker
The Talking Eggs
The Three Billy Goats Gruff
Lon Po Po: A Red Riding Hood Story from China
The best use we found was to play them in our minivan while driving out of town or on a trip.
The is one of the best educational gifts you can buy for eager young minds.