Schrade SCHF10 Drop-Point Full Tang Fixed Blade Knife, Black
|Price:||$30.30 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- High Performance Micarta Handle Slabs for Rugged Grip
- 5.2-inch Blade
- 10.5" over-all length
- Nylon Sheath with extra pouch for sharpener or other accessories
- Lanyard Hole in Handle
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
The Schrade Extreme Survival Knife SCHF10 is a fixed blade, full tang, 100% fine edge knife that comes with a ballistic nylon sheath.
The knife measures about 10 1/2 inches (or 27 centimeters) from tip to butt... and weighs about 14 1/4 ounces (or 404 grams).
The SCHF10 has a fine edge, which means that there are no serrations on this knife. The length of the edge is about 5.3 inches (or 13.5 centimeters).
This blade is covered in a durable and attractive dark black coating, that has held up very well in our tests.
The SCHF10 is made of 8Cr13MoV, high carbon stainless steel...
8CrMoV is similar to 440B and AUS-8 in critical areas of strength, hardness, corrosion resistance and edge retention. So it's a good choice for a survival knife in this price range and rivals the steel used in many knives costing twice as much.
The thickness of this blade is about a 1/4 inch (or 6.3 millimeters).
~FULL TANG TOUGH:
The SCHF10 is full tang construction... which means the blade steel runs the full length of the knife, from tip to butt. Full tang is considered by most experts as the toughest, strongest and most rugged way to build a knife.
AND this tang is beastly... there are no weight reducing cutouts or anything like that underneath the handle slabs...just two holes for the handle bolts to go through and a lanyard hole toward the butt...so I can't even imagine what you would have to do to snap this blade.Read more ›
- Stout! You will not be able to break this knife.
- Great looks! The lines are great on this knife... just a beautiful visual design.
- Decent Stainless Steel
- Micarta handles & lanyard hole
- Fairly thick and usable sheath
- lower cross-guard to prevent forward movement of the hand
- And of course, the price!
- Handle is a bit too short for XL-glove wearing hands like mine. It "barely fits"... which is not a good choice for a field knife.
- Finger groove: It is too big (the bump is too far back, resulting in a non-ideal hammer grip (your middle finger will be on top of that bump, or you will not be fully choked-up on the handle, your choice!)
- Weight: It's just too heavy for such a short knife... no need whatsoever for a 1/4" thick blade on a 5" bladed knife... way to much weight "wasted" in the handle, and arguably, the blade. It's the same reason why the ESEE-5 is not a good seller.
- False Edge: half the blade is a false edge, which looks really cool, but results in a less then capable batoning platform; combined with the short overall blade length, this can only do inefficient batoning on smaller limbs.
- Blade design: Sure, it looks REALLY cool, but that fat-ish recurve has historically been for a large chopping blade, for good reason! You can not sharpen this short blade with a stone!Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I love this thing.
Holds a good edge.
What more do U want in a... Read more
This is a great knife for the outdoors. It holds a blade well and it is easy to sharpen.Published 4 months ago by Werd C
Very excellent knife for the price. Great quality. Would highly recommend this knife to anyone.Published 6 months ago by Amazon Customer
Great knife . Fits my hand good ( medium size hands ?? wear XL gloves ) . Nice weight and balance . Sharp out of the box . Read morePublished 6 months ago by Ron Pardue
Great knife. Greater value for dollar spent. Does everything a much more expensive tool does at much lower cost.Published 6 months ago by Rico
honestly its a great knife but not what i expected. i thought that the blade would be thicker and a little longer. Read morePublished 7 months ago by matt