- Orchestra: Gurzenich-Orchester
- Conductor: Conlon
- Composer: Franz Schreker
- Audio CD (November 2, 1999)
- Number of Discs: 1
- Label: EMI Classics Imports
- ASIN: B00000K4EV
- Average Customer Review: 2.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (1 customer review)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #491,067 in Music (See Top 100 in Music)
Have one to sell?
Schreker: Orchestral Works
See all formats and editions Hide other formats and editions
This shopping feature will continue to load items. In order to navigate out of this carousel please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Page 1 of 1 Start overPage 1 of 1
1. MEMNON: Vorspiel zu einer grossen Oper
2. Intermezzo op. 8
3. Die Gezeichneten: Vorspiel ze einem Drama
4. Romantische Suite: I. Andante
5. Romantische Suite: II. Scherzo
6. Romantische Suite: III. Allegro vivace
Top Customer Reviews
By Jurgen Lawrenz on March 22, 2013
Format: Audio CD1 Comment Sending feedback...
Always assuming that you like this music - an overripe, super-postromantic, impressionism-infected and mock-Parsifal confection that resembles nothing more strongly than a peacock's tail - you might investigate this recording. However, two of these works also appear on the Chandos label. Although it might seem that in terms of expertise nothing could separate the Cologne and the Manchester orchestras, there is the matter of the conductor's affinity. Conlon seem very aloof from his subject matter, and this lack of immediacy translates as a routine reading without any particular enthusiasm driving it. Sinaisky shows how it's done. Schreker's overblown sound canvas comes to life and might drive you to extasies of hedonism. The present album is not calculated to make you an addict of this musical narcotic. But I can't think of any reason for buying this music than its purely aural delectation. So then go for the Chandos issue!
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again