YED Save up to 90% on textbooks Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Shop for your business Starting at $39.99 STEM Valentines Day STEM Shop Popular Services JustAddMagic JustAddMagic JustAddMagic  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Go Explore Outdoor Recreation on Amazon STEM

Showing 1-10 of 204 reviews(5 star, Verified Purchases). See all 329 reviews
on August 31, 2010
Fast, free shipping and discounted price made for a great value purchase. Have used to charge dual batteries for diesel trucks. Works great! Did not start truck in start mode until 10 minutes of charge on completely dead batteries, but that may be normal for any charger in 200 amp start mode. Casing very thin, and wheels light duty, which is just fine unless you are in an abusive environment. The wheels work fine because the unit is not very heavy. I am very happy with this unit and would highly recommend it so long as you know how to calculate how long to charge your batteries (although the timer could have a larger time range for charging dual, parallel connected batteries). This is a manual charger that you can set the charge time for up to 2-1/2 hours at user selectable 40 or 2 amps. I don't trust my memory to leave it charge in continuous mode.
on October 30, 2009
I bought this charger after my hand held smart charger stopped working. I wanted a charger that had ample boost capability. I have used this charger a couple of times now and has worked flawlessly. I'm very pleased with its performance and very happy with the price. Please be aware that this is NOT a smart charger. I have owned several smart chargers (both high quality, $150 and low quality, $79)in the past and they have all either failed or were not accurate. This unit works very simple. Set the timer select the proper amperage and let it work. If you are unable to operate a manual charger I would recommend searching for good quality smart charger with very good reviews.
on September 7, 2011
If you often find yourself saying, "They just don't make them like they used to," then this is the best bang for the buck for you. Everything about this charger is analog: switches, dials, components. This will definitely put out 40 amps no problem, which is hard to find at this price level. There isn't any cheap Chinese digital junk to break. It's made in Mexico, which is definitely a step up. If you need a desulfating float maintaining digitally controller blah blah blah, then look elsewhere.

I do agree that the "battery tester" aspect is a misnomer, as the voltmeter will give you the open circuit voltage but there is no kind of load or conductance test. However, the next size up, the SE-8050, which does have the load test capability, is also an extra $120. Better off to buy a separate tester anyway, imho.
on May 27, 2009
I had an old Schumacer, and the transformer finally gave out (It was over 10 years old). I purchased this one and could not be happier, TONS of features, easy to use and well built. Great performance for the price. If you are looking for an all-in-one battery charging solution for your garage, this is it.
on March 14, 2011
I replaced an old Sears Craftsman 200A charger with this one which is superior in every respect to the 1982 "commercial" model that finally failed. Opening the old charger revealed that the diodes separated although the transformer was in fine condition. I think the old one was on its third or fourth power cord. Sears online parts diagram shows no replacement diodes are available, so the old one went to the metal recycle bin. After looking at the chargers being marketed today, I found this one and a few other models made by Schumacher are sold under the Craftsman label for a higher price. I went with the Amazon unit and a free-shipping opportunity for 2/3 the Sears price. This unit has a timer and larger capacity than the one it replaced. Go for the timer model because otherwise you are likely to ruin a battery by overcharging.

Schumacher is a well-established company making quality products. They made the Craftsman branded unit that failed, but with no parts available repairs require some re-engineering. I checked Schumacher and could not find either a schematic or diode specifications for repair. Evidently these days they keep all really useful information locked away in their lawyer's file cabinet, and most likely all relevant parts can be found only somewhere in China.
on February 9, 2012
This is a fine product for the price. The clamps are a little flimsy but nothing I can't live with or, I'll change them. The unit performs exactly as I expected. If you are looking for a heavy duty unit, more on the commercial order, you will need to step up to Schumacher's top of the line offerings. Of course, you will pay substantially more. Again, this is a fine unit for the price.
on July 15, 2015
Product works great and is a vast improvement from the smaller trickle chargers/conditioners if you're wanting to actually quickly jump a dead battery. Assembly was quick and easy, packing was good and had no damage. The wheels are cheap and chintzy but seem to work well enough in my dirt floor pole barn. Starts my cars and tractors without a problem, should have bought years ago.

Update: got it last year and it's still working great!
on October 8, 2011

Update: Over a year later this charger is still working well, frequently used to start a tractor that needs new batteries and does it without a problem. I would have no problems buying this brand or model again.
on March 1, 2015
Have used this to charge and jump my battery many times already. Favorite part is the built in 2hour timer. Can set and forget. Has 2 and 10 amp for a slower charge. 40amp for a faster charge. And 200 amp for starting a dead battery. Have used this on others cars already and a few friends went out and bought one a week later.
on February 2, 2014
This item was well packaged and arrived intact. Assembly was pretty easy. It's a nice looking unit and the quality looks good. I used it once to start my neighbors car. Seems to have plenty of power. It's nice to know that if my battery gets weak at the house at least, I'll be ready.