Industrial Deals Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now

Showing 1-10 of 217 reviews(5 star, Verified Purchases). See all 351 reviews
on August 31, 2010
Fast, free shipping and discounted price made for a great value purchase. Have used to charge dual batteries for diesel trucks. Works great! Did not start truck in start mode until 10 minutes of charge on completely dead batteries, but that may be normal for any charger in 200 amp start mode. Casing very thin, and wheels light duty, which is just fine unless you are in an abusive environment. The wheels work fine because the unit is not very heavy. I am very happy with this unit and would highly recommend it so long as you know how to calculate how long to charge your batteries (although the timer could have a larger time range for charging dual, parallel connected batteries). This is a manual charger that you can set the charge time for up to 2-1/2 hours at user selectable 40 or 2 amps. I don't trust my memory to leave it charge in continuous mode.
on September 10, 2016
Our Charger/jump starter came undamaged and working flawlessly. This unit has jumped everything from full sized kenworth semi's to everyday cars and trucks. It has also provided a safe consistent charge when needed. It does what it is advertised to do and provides a great value. Every shop should have one for the moment you don't expect. Its going strong after one year of fairly heavy commercial use.
on March 14, 2011
I replaced an old Sears Craftsman 200A charger with this one which is superior in every respect to the 1982 "commercial" model that finally failed. Opening the old charger revealed that the diodes separated although the transformer was in fine condition. I think the old one was on its third or fourth power cord. Sears online parts diagram shows no replacement diodes are available, so the old one went to the metal recycle bin. After looking at the chargers being marketed today, I found this one and a few other models made by Schumacher are sold under the Craftsman label for a higher price. I went with the Amazon unit and a free-shipping opportunity for 2/3 the Sears price. This unit has a timer and larger capacity than the one it replaced. Go for the timer model because otherwise you are likely to ruin a battery by overcharging.

Schumacher is a well-established company making quality products. They made the Craftsman branded unit that failed, but with no parts available repairs require some re-engineering. I checked Schumacher and could not find either a schematic or diode specifications for repair. Evidently these days they keep all really useful information locked away in their lawyer's file cabinet, and most likely all relevant parts can be found only somewhere in China.
on February 2, 2014
This item was well packaged and arrived intact. Assembly was pretty easy. It's a nice looking unit and the quality looks good. I used it once to start my neighbors car. Seems to have plenty of power. It's nice to know that if my battery gets weak at the house at least, I'll be ready.
on March 4, 2017
Great gift. Has many uses.
on March 17, 2017
works great 10 stars
on February 24, 2017
Excellent.
on November 14, 2013
I purchased this charger to charge and help start everything from my diesel pickup, to my ATV and the levels it has work perfect for my needs. I've used it to start and charge my diesel pickup and it only took a couple of minutes on the highest setting to get it cranked up. I also use it to trickle charge my ATV battery when it has been sitting for awhile. My only complaint is that I wish the cables were longer so I didn't need to use an extension cord and when using it on my pickup, the charger must be right next to the truck to reach one of the batteries. Other then that, it has performed wonderfully.
on October 8, 2011
Product works great and is a vast improvement from the smaller trickle chargers/conditioners if you're wanting to actually quickly jump a dead battery. Assembly was quick and easy, packing was good and had no damage. The wheels are cheap and chintzy but seem to work well enough in my dirt floor pole barn. Starts my cars and tractors without a problem, should have bought years ago.

Update: Over a year later this charger is still working well, frequently used to start a tractor that needs new batteries and does it without a problem. I would have no problems buying this brand or model again.
on March 7, 2017
Works great. Quality item.