|Item Weight||3 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||3.34 x 10.75 x 7.5 inches|
|Item model number||SSC-1000A|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
|Manufacturer Part Number||SSC1000A|
|OEM Part Number||SSC-1000A|
|Vehicle Service Type||Motorcycle, Suvs, Snowmobiles|
Consider these available items
Schumacher SSC-1000A SpeedCharge 2/6/10 Amp Battery Charger and Maintainer with 50-Amp Battery Clips
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Electronic push button select between display mode, charge rate, or battery
- Digital meter helps to display battery charge status and test results
- System test helps to diagnose problems with battery and charging system
- 10-amp fast charge monitors battery condition and adjusts charge rate
- 2-amp slow charge helps charge small batteries or maintains large one for motorcycles, snowmobiles, and lawn tractor batteries. Item SSC-1000A is not available for sale in California or Oregon due to CEC restrictions. The CEC compliant equivalent item is SSC-1500A-CA.
- This product cannot be shipped to Oregon or California
- Not compatible with the WM-12 or EC-25 quick connect cables
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
More to consider from our brands
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Compare with similar items
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
This automatic speed battery charger has a 10-amp fast charge self-adjustment feature which monitors battery condition and adjusts charge rate to prevent battery damage to your car, truck marine and farm equipment, gel cell, and deep-cycle batteries. The 2-amp slow charge helps in charging small batteries and maintaining large ones for motorcycles, snowmobiles, and lawn tractor batteries. It has an easy to read digital meter which displays battery charge status and test results. It weighs 6-lbs and has a retractable handle for easier portability. It is also provided with self-stored cables, system testing capabilities, and electronic push button controls. This item requires special handling for deliveries outside the contiguous US.
The Schumacher SSC-1000A Ship 'N' Shore SpeedCharge Charger is a versitile, fast and efficient 12-volt battery charger/maintainer suitable for use with a variety of lead-acid battery types used in everything from tractors, motorcycles, jetskiis and snowmobiles, to those found in cars, trucks and SUVs. It features fully automatic microprocessor control; automatic multi-stage charging allowing for ease of use; three charge rates: 2-amp, 6-amp and 10-amp; and the ability to choose the type of battery being charged. Addtiional features include a built-in voltage tester, a desulphation mode, a retractable handle and clamp/cable stowage compartment.
Fast, Automatic 12-Volt Battery Charging
By combining conventional battery charging technology with state-of-the-art circuitry, the Schumacher SSC-1000A Ship 'N' Shore SpeedCharge Charger offers greater versatility, speed of charging and convenience than ever before seen in a battery charger. The charger features an easy-to-use and monitor digital readout on which three output current rates are selectable: 2-amps, 6-amps and 10-amps. The readout also allows for the selection of battery type being charged: standard, AGM or gell cell; and provides data on based on quarter percentages of a full charge that is stored and voltage present at the poles of a charging battery. All these features and data are hightened by the prescence of a powerful microprocessor at the heart of the unit.
The microprocessor of the Schumacher SSC-1000A Ship 'N' Shore SpeedCharge Charger monitors the attached battery's voltage level from the moment it is connected, using this ever-changing data to improve the charging system's multi-stage charging cycle. Multi-stage charging allows a battery charger to automatically cycle, between a variety of charging phases including desulphation, bulk charging, absorbtion, monitoring, float mode and a minimal drip charge maintain mode when a connected battery again falls below a certain set level. The microprocessor collected data is especially important in this cycle in that with it the SSC-1000A can more accurately measure the charging needs of a connected battery, resulting in quicker charge times and a lessened chance of damage due to overcharging.
2-Amp, 6-Amp and 10-Amp Charging Rates
An additional key to the speed with which the Schumacher SSC-1000A Ship 'N' Shore SpeedCharge Charger works is its three available charging rates: 2-amp, 6-amp and 10-amp. By allowing users to choose the best rate for the right battery type and charging needed, the SSC-1000A is able to better supply exactly the right level of charge, at the right time in the charging cycle to get quick results and maintain connected batteries at their proper levels. Details on the three available charging rates include:
- 10-amp Fast Charge – Charger monitors battery condition and adjusts charge rate to prevent battery damage; for car, truck, marine, RV, farm equipment, AGM, gel cell and deep-cycle batteries.
- 6-amp Medium Charge – A self-adjusting charge rate for everyday charging needs and keeping your battery in peak condition.
- 2-amp Slow Charge – A gentle trickle charge for charging and maintaining small batteries; charges motorcycle, ATV, snowmobile and lawn tractor batteries.
- Charger Type - Fully automatic microprocessor controlled
- Output Voltage - 12 VDC
- Input Voltage - 120 VAC
- Output Current Cont: 2A/6A/10A
- Output Wattage - 167 Watts
- Intput Current Cont: 0.0A/2.0A/3.0A
- Dimensions - 7.59" H x 3.54" W x 9.68" D
- Product Weight - 2.98 lbs.
- RoHS Compliant - Yes
- Retrachtable Carrying Handle - Yes
- Non-skid Features - Yes (4 small rubberized feet)
- Stowage Compartment for Battery Clamps and AC Cord - Yes
What's in the Box
- Schumacher SC-1000A SpeedCharge Battery Charger/Maintainer with included 50-amp battery clips
- Users manual and warranty information (English and Spanish)
Five-Year Limited Warranty
Schumacher Electric Corporation (the "Manufacturer") warrants this battery charger / maintainer for five (5) years from the date of purchase at retail against defective material or workmanship that may occur under normal use and care. If your unit is not free from defective material or workmanship, Manufacturer's obligation under this warranty is solely to repair or replace your product with a new or reconditioned unit at the option of the Manufacturer. It is the obligation of the purchaser to forward the unit, along with mailing charges prepaid to the Manufacturer or its authorized representatives in order for repair or replacement to occur.
About Schumacher Electric Corporation
Since 1947, Schumacher Electric Corporation has been leading change and driving performance to exceed its customers' expectations. Engineered patent pending technologies and award winning marketing allows Schumacher to be the brand of choice when it comes to portable power and battery charger/jump starter/maintainer/tester needs. Passion and commitment is the Schumacher way which shows as they are official supplier for chargers, jump starters and inverters for NASCAR.
From the manufacturer
Schumacher SSC-1000A SpeedCharge 2/6/10 Amp Battery Charger and Maintainer
By combining conventional battery charging technology with state-of-the-art circuitry, the Schumacher SSC-1000A Ship 'N' Shore SpeedCharge Charger offers greater versatility, speed of charging and convenience than ever before seen in a battery charger. Choose from three rates for charging and maintaining. It’s easy to use, with a digital display and push-button controls. The retractable handle adds easy portability.
- Microprocessor controlled
- 2/6/10 Amp output
- Fully automatic