|Item Weight||4.83 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||4 x 12 x 8 inches|
|California residents||Click here for Proposition 65 warning|
|Item model number||SSC-1500A-CA|
|Batteries||2 AA batteries required. (included)|
|Manufacturer Part Number||SSC1500ACA|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Schumacher SSC-1500A-CA Ship 'N' Shore 15 Amp SpeedCharge Charger with Battery Clamps
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Digital meter displays battery charge status and test results
- Features retractable handle for easy portability
- System test helps diagnose problems
- Electronic push-button control switches help select between display mode, charge rate, or battery
- Accommodates 12-volt batteries only; Clamps are rated @ 75 Amps
- Not compatible with the WM-12 or EC-25 quick connect cables
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Available from these sellers||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||12 x 4 x 8 in||10.75 x 3.34 x 7.5 in||3 x 4 x 12 in||10 x 10 x 4 in||2.7 x 7.7 x 1.9 in||10.2 x 13.2 x 9.5 in|
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
This unit is a 12V 15 Amp fully automatic microprocessor controlled battery charger for automotive and marine batteries. With 12V auto voltage detection, this charger can do 3 Amp for maintaining, 8 Amp for medium charging and 15 Amp for rapid charging, with digital display. Also has reverse hook-up protection so the unit will not operate if clamps are reversed, and float mode monitoring.It is Energy efficient.
The Schumacher SSC-1500A Ship 'n Shore SpeedCharge Charger is a versatile, fast and efficient 12-volt battery charger/maintainer suitable for use with a variety of lead-acid battery types used in everything from tractors, motorcycles, stand-up PWCs and snowmobiles, to those found in cars, trucks, RVs and boats. It features fully automatic microprocessor control; automatic multi-stage charging allowing for ease of use; three charge rates: 2-amp, 10-amp and 15-amp; and the ability to choose the type of battery being charged. Additional features include a built-in voltage tester, a desulfation mode, a retractable handle and clamp/cable storage compartment.
Fast, Automatic 12-Volt Battery Charging
By combining conventional battery charging technology with state-of-the-art circuitry, the Schumacher SSC-1500A Ship 'n Shore SpeedCharge Charger offers versatility, speed of charging and convenience rarely seen in a battery charger. The charger features an easy-to-use and monitor digital readout with selectable output current rates: 2-amp, 10-amp and 15-amp. The readout also allows for the selection of battery type being charged: standard, AGM or gel cell and provides real-time data on the actual percentage of a full charge that is stored and voltage present at the poles of a charging battery. All these features and data are heightened by the presence of a powerful microprocessor at the heart of the unit.
The microprocessor of the Schumacher SSC-1500A Ship 'n Shore SpeedCharge Charger monitors the attached battery's voltage level from the moment it is connected, using this ever-changing data to improve the charging system's multi-stage charging cycle. Multi-stage charging allows a battery charger to automatically cycle between a variety of charging phases including desulfation, bulk charging, absorption, monitoring, float mode and a minimal drip charge maintain mode when a connected battery again falls below a certain set level. The microprocessor collected data allows the SSC-1500A to more accurately measure the charging needs of a connected battery, resulting in quicker charge times and a lessened chance of damage due to overcharging.
2-Amp, 10-Amp and 15-Amp Charging Rates
An additional key to the speed with which the Schumacher SSC-1500A Ship 'n Shore SpeedCharge Charger works is its three available charging rates: 2-amp, 10-amp and 15-amp. By allowing users to choose the best rate for the right battery type and charging needed the SSC-1500A is better able to supply exactly the right level of charge, at the right time in the charging cycle to get quick results and maintain connected batteries at their proper levels. Details on the three available charging rates include:
- 15-Amp Fast Charge – Charge large batteries faster by feeding them more power, while your charger monitors battery condition and adjusts charge rate to prevent battery damage; for car, truck, marine, RV, farm equipment, AGM, gel cell and deep-cycle batteries.
- 10-Amp Fast Charge – A self-adjusting charge rate for everyday charging needs and keeping your battery in peak condition.
- 2-Amp Slow Charge – A gentle trickle charge rate for charging and maintaining small batteries; charges motorcycle, ATV, snowmobile and lawn tractor batteries.
- Charger Type - Fully automatic microprocessor controlled
- Output Voltage - 12VDC, 3.6V/7.2VDC
- Input Voltage - 120 VAC
- Output Current Cont: 2A, 12A/30A
- Output Engine Start: 100A
- Output Wattage - 280W
- Intput Current Cont: 0.9A/2.7A/3.9A
- Dimensions - 7.59" H x 3.54" W x 9.68" D
- Product Weight - 3.26 lbs.
- RoHS Compliant - Yes
- Retractable Carrying Handle - Yes (plastic)
- Non-skid Features - Yes (4 small rubberized feet)
- Storage Compartment for Battery Clamps and AC Cord - Yes
What's in the Box
- Schumacher SSC-1500A Ship 'n Shore SpeedCharge Charger with included 75-amp battery clamps
- User manual and warranty information (English and Spanish)
Five-Year Limited Warranty
Schumacher Electric Corporation (the "Manufacturer") warrants this battery charger / maintainer for five (5) years from the date of purchase at retail against defective material or workmanship that may occur under normal use and care. If your unit is not free from defective material or workmanship, Manufacturer's obligation under this warranty is solely to repair or replace your product with a new or reconditioned unit at the option of the Manufacturer. It is the obligation of the purchaser to forward the unit, along with proof of purchase and mailing charges prepaid to the Manufacturer or its authorized representatives in order for repair or replacement to occur.
About Schumacher Electric Corporation
Since 1947, Schumacher Electric Corporation has been leading change and driving performance to exceed its customers' expectations. Engineered patent pending technologies and award winning marketing allows Schumacher to be the brand of choice when it comes to portable power and battery charger/jump starter/maintainer/tester needs. Passion and commitment is the Schumacher way which shows, as they are NASCAR's official supplier for chargers, jump starters, and inverters.
From the manufacturer
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I then tested another battery, same settings, 3A & AGM mode, and a few hours later it was finished. I checked with my meter, this one read 6.56V!
Seems this unit is defective. My multi-meter works fine, tested it on other batteries, and it shows exact voltage.
I am now waiting for a replacement to arrive.
I will modify this review accordingly when the new unit gets to me.