Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Schumacher XP400 400 Peak Amp Instant Portable Pow..." and save 8% off the $44.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $15.99 shipping
+ Free Shipping
Schumacher XP400 400 Peak Amp Instant Portable Power Source
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Built-in charger for automatic charging of internal battery
- Battery status LEDs tells when battery is charged or needs to be charged
- Sure-Grip clamps fit both top and side-mount batteries
- A maintenance-free, sealed lead acid battery allow for storage in any position
- Cables stay flexible in cold weather.
- 12 Volt accessory outlet.
|Special Shipping Information: This product may not be available for 1 or 2 day shipping due to federal regulations that require it to ship via ground ship methods only. This product can only be shipped within the 48 contiguous states.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
This Schumacher Instant Portable Power Source has a built-in charger for automatic charging of the internal battery; just connect an extension cord to the plug to recharge (cord not included). The battery status LEDs tell when a battery is charged or needs to be charged. The Sure-Grip Clamps fit both top and side-mount batteries. The cable will stay flexible in the coldest weather. A maintenance-free, sealed lead acid battery allow for storage in any position.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
You will need an extension cord to charge it (design flaw) but honestly who doesn't have an extension cord laying around these days.
Can't see a bigger value for the money when you are stranded on the side of the road from a dead battery and no one pulls over for you, you'll be wishing you had this!
I constantly had my battery die because my system bumps so hard and I always carry this with me and I feel much safer knowing I can start up my own car and not having to wave down a stranger or wait 35 minutes for AAA (sometimes up to 2 hours)
I would recommend this to a friend!
The oft-mentioned plug problem is real. You need to purchase an extension cord to charge the unit or use a computer/appliance cord.
So, it's a fair unit, but you are probably better off with either one of new compact lithium ion boosters or a good old pair of jumper cables and a prayer that someone help you out.
Make sure you charge it on time and keep it on the boot of your car.
+ All in place
+ 80% charged (the instruction says to charge it for 36 hours, but there is no need)
- Clamps spark when touch (they are always under ~14V), though manual says they will not
- GREEN LED will be on (not pulse, as the manual states) when charged and connected to AC power
- DON BUY they male-to-male cable as is suggested in the leaflet provided for $10; Amazon will offer a cheeper price
It is yet to see how it works for jump start.