Salon Beauty Books with Buzz Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on July 12, 2007
Okay, so I have had this bike for a couple of months now, and so far, it is so good and easy to use that it has not become my valet (not once have I hung an article of clothing on it). For me, that says a lot. The programs are great. I have not had any issues that I have read from others. It is very quiet and I can play poker on my laptop while I ride. The fan is pretty useless unless you put your face right on top of it, and if you have to do that you might want to call your doctor. The programs are really great, and for the money I don't think anything offers a better value. The quality of materials is very good. It is easy to put together.....it took me about 40 minutes, with my 3 year old "helping" me. I have no wobble, and everything is pretty solid. The only thing that I don't like, and it was enough to drop it one star, is the seat. It is HORRIBLE! I mean, H O R R I B L E!!!! I don't know if I can change it, but I am going to try, because it is very uncomfortable, and does not offer any kind of support. It looks like it was made for some pretty large people. I am very happy with this, and highly recommend it. Btw, I used the free shipping and I got it in 3 days. It is a great way to get into shape.

update 2/29/08:
Change the seat, life is good. I am still using it. The programs are really very good, and I do not feel the need to create custom ones, because what it has is very good. I am very happy with my purchase and recommend it highly! It has gotten me back into shape, and I feel better.
5 people found this helpful
on February 10, 2018
This is one of the highest quality upright bicycles on the market. Many features of resistance. I have used other bikes in the gym and this beat them all. It has wheels so you can easily move it around. I like that feature because sometimes I watch a movie and ride and other times I want to look out the window.
on November 16, 2007
I have used this bike over the past month and find it perfect for me. The seat is a bit hard, but not so much it is unusable. It was a great price and close enough to the machines found in a gym with the settings and tracking rpms and calories burned and such. It is seriously quiet when I am using it, so I don't have to turn up the TV.
Putting it together was a minor chore, but worth it. I haven't had a single problem with it.

UPDATE 06/30/08:
My bike (the computer bit) just stopped working for me. I checked all the connections I could, and then the bf did more (he's a mech engineer). Still no indications on what's wrong. Planning on contacting Schwinn for perhaps a replacement, but I am disappointed! It's not even a year old!
on February 13, 2006
I've been using this bike for a solid week now - 30 minutes each day, 60 minutes on Sunday, and it seems like a very good machine. The variety of programs and the challenge level are quite good. I run 3 miles every morning but still am only up to level 1 or 2 for most of the programs, so this bike will challenge you up to pretty high fitness levels.

I'm hoping I'll get used to the seat, after about 20 minutes it starts to get pretty uncomfortable, essentially making my butt fall asleep, but I think I'll get used to it and it will stop happening. The handlebars and seat have a lot of adjustment options so it seems like it will fit a wide range of people. The pedals seem a little far apart, but again I think it will just take getting used, they are wider apart than normal bike pedals.

The options available on the display such as calories burned, BMI, distance, heartrate, etc. are VERY nice to have while working out, and the fan is a nice touch, but for this 5'-7" tall woman, I wish it could be angled a little more towards me, the fan really doesn't reach me, even tilted as far towards me as I can.

The water bottle holder is a nice touch, but it DOES NOT come with the water bottle, even though it may say it does. I called Schwinn and they claim to have "discontinued them". Not a big deal really. It would be nice to have the water bottle holder up near the controls, though because I hit my knees sometimes getting my water, and there is this little tray to hold stuff up near the screen but it's not big enough to hold a remote control or anything that most people would want to put in it. Loose change or a few keys maybe, but the home user probably won't find much use for it. There is a place for a book or magazine but it causes you to block the display completely if you use it.

My husband put the bike together, and aside from a small mis-assembly of the handlebars that was easily rememdied, it went pretty smooth (at least I didn't hear any swearing or things being thrown in anger).

The wheels on the front are nice too, I've used them once or twice when I wanted to catch a TV show so I had to move the bike across the room. It would be nice if the computer had a battery along with the power cord, however, so it was a bit easier to move around and you wouldn't have to find a place close to an outlet each time.

Overall, I am very happy with my purchase and it seems like a solid, well built machine that will challenge most fitness levels and body types. As I mentioned, there are a few complaints that I have, but they are gravy really because Schwinn nailed the important stuff.
8 people found this helpful
on March 20, 2008
This is a wonderful exercise bike. I am 5' tall. I only have 2 issues that I did read about in other reviews when I purchased this exercise bike.

1. Being short, it is hard to view the display and the display is fixed, will not move up or down.

2. The seat, after a few uses by me and a few other family members, did become "loose" at the top. The bar stays fixed, but the seat itself tilts forward and back randomly as you exercise. We are going to have to drill an extra hole somewhere and secure the seat so that it cannot move.

Delivery was fine. The box arrived in good shape, the bike itself was very well packaged to avoid damage, it was easy to assemble and pretty compact!
One person found this helpful
on February 11, 2007
I purchased this item because of several positive reviews. I'm picky with what I buy, and I tend to like the top of the line. I'm easily disappointed if the options don't work like I think they should. That being said, this bike surpassed my expectations. It is a great build quality. The seat is very stable and positionable. I canceled my gym membership, but missed the exercise bike for cardio. The bikes in the gym were great, usually good quality with varying degrees of difficulty. This bike has all of that and is even MORE challenging at the lower levels, so you've got a long way to go up. The computer readout is comparable to the gym versions. I really like it.

Now to the problems. Like another reviewer said, the box came via UPS and looked like it lost a serious fight with several trucks. After putting the bike together, the fan portion on the computer was broken. Looked to have been dropped and was ripped off the frame. Also, the front leg has wheels for moving the unit. One end was broken as well as the water bottle holder. I made a call to Schwinn, talked to a super nice customer service rep who needed my order verification from Amazon e-mailed to him. After that, I received the replacement parts in 2 days. A whole new front assembly, complete new computer unit with built in fan, and new water bottle holder.

The only thing I don't like is the way the handlebars attach to the unit. It has a T-bar screw for tightening the bars in the position you want. It just doesn't feel as stable as I think it should, but then again, I AM picky.

All in all, a great bike, great Schwinn customer service, free shipping from Amazon. What else can I say.
One person found this helpful
on April 2, 2007
Like many of the reviewers before shipping did take its toll but nothing that was enough to call for replacement (a crease in the plastic in the back seam, and another minor thing or two like that). It's a solid well built bike with lots of bells and whistles. Pros: Nice display, very adjustable, very quiet Cons: included seat isn't the most comfortable (replaced it with a schwinn hornless), fan is basically useless unless you are leaning into it.

Not the bikes fault but I'm wishing I would have went with the recumbent model now just for ease of use, but then again I am warming up to this one as I'm getting used to it.
on June 26, 2007
So far, I have not had the mechanical failures of some other reviewers. The ride is comfortable, smooth and silent. The bike wobbles a bit on our carpetted floor but not enough to make it unstable or uncomfortable. The wobble is enough that I cannot read a magazine resting on its console. Our toddler climbs it and it holds her weight well. The build seems fairly solid. This is everything you should expect from a Schwinn bike. The handles have a bit of give despite my effort to tighten them, but not enough to matter for casual rides. I have not tried to ride hard holding the handle bar and standing on the pedals. I am afraid it may not hold quite as well then.

The major design flaw is that the handle bar height is fixed. This makes for a sturdier bike. If you are tall, this is not a problem. If you are below average height you can either reach the pedals or look at the computer but not both. You cannot adjust the screen contrast or brightness to make it any more readable either. They have tried to remedy this by putting a forward and back slide mechanism in the handle bar, but obviously not good enough. The same thing goes for the fan. It is pointed way over my head and I really have to lean forward to get any benefit.

The computer itself is another matter. It has lots of nice programs built into it. But it lacks some major features. I cannot adjust the time after I start riding. Meaning, if after 20 minutes I decide to ride for 15 more minutes instead of 10, it won't keep my exercise data. The heart rate monitor takes about 2 minutes to get a good read as it asymtotically approaches my true heart rate. This is annoying since I have to hold reading materials with both hands already. Also, if at the end of a workout I want to continue riding, all my calories, etc. are reset. Finally, there are some plugs in the back of it for attaching your own heart rate measures etc. There's nothing in the manual that tells me if these are working components or features found on a more expensive model.

Summary:
Pros: Decent physical build, good ride.
Cons: Computer lacks some obvious features. Good luck looking at the screen if you are below average height.
6 people found this helpful
on January 9, 2007
Th exercise bike is much better than I expected. It is easy to assemple and intuitive to operate. I bike in the spring, summer and fall and use this during the winter months.

My experience with Amazon was very fustrating. I purchased the bike based on the fact that it was in stock and would be delivered within the time frame. amazon did not notify me when the deliver date changed and they it was not in stock. I have to go through customer service then to the manager to first find out that it was delayed and second to try to get resolution. The manager lied and changed teh tracking information to say UPS was notified to pick up the bike. After 3 days I talked to another manager who admitted that the bike was out of stock. Finally it was shipped and arrived one day beyound the original promised date. Unfortuniately the box was torn open while in tranit. Two parts were damaged so I called customer service who advised me to ship it back and they would send another one. The request was not possible becasue of the condition of the box. After some time on the phone they agreed to send another bike so that I would have a box to send the damaged on eback in.

I ride the bike 3-4 times a week for 35 to 45 minutes each time and it rides great. I am considering changing the seat so that it is more like my outdoor bike.
2 people found this helpful
on February 28, 2006
I purchased this bike based on the Consumer Reports review and the previous Amazon reviews. The Amazon partner that I bought it from shipped it quickly and it arrived in excellent condition...no missing parts or defective pieces as some other people experienced. I was really happy with how easy it was to put together....very easy to do in just a couple of hours at a relaxed pace. The instruction booklet and diagrams are very easy to follow. And Schwinn supplies all the tools you need for assembly. For the price I think this is a great piece of equipment.
5 people found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question