Bubble Witch Saga 3 Vehicles Review Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18_gno

on June 19, 2009
Despite other reviews this item is extremely easy to assemble. The manual is pretty straightforward and all the pieces are clearly indicated. I could assemble the whole bike in less than 60 minutes and I am famous for missing pieces, calling a technician, etc. when come to assemble anything. The packaged came as described in previous reviews; wet and in very bad condition, but fortunately the bike inside was in excellent condition. The guys at Schwinn should design a better packaging. I would really like to have a display in color and with better lighting, I am still wondering why if the bike use AC it was not possible to improve the display. In addition, I had to buy an extra warranty service for two years through Amazon (but please don't make the same mistake) but I just figure out that this warranty service requires the bike to be shipped at owner's expense which will probably cost as much as the bike. I don't know why the guys at Schwinn provide such a small warranty. I just pray that everything will go well with the bike in the following years. The reason of my low rating is precisely because of the warranty but else, the bike is a very good purchase (just make sure to cover your back with another warranty service, not the one being sold by Amazon).
on November 25, 2013
The ride is smooth and resistance is always constant. The computer has no memory of your performance so there is no history. The heart rate monitor is very slow to respond and is very sensitive to moisture build-up: like when you have a hard workout and sweat and the sweat runs down your arm to the heart rate sensor. When that happens the heart rate readings are completely random.
on October 4, 2010
This exercise bike functions reasonably well, but I'm dumbfounded by some annoying design elements:

1) Despite normal-length legs for my 5'11" height, my knee sometimes bumps the handlebar, which cannot be adjusted. Seat is set as far away from handlebar as possible, and I still occasionally bump.

2) Schwinn's bicycles have a mechanism allowing easy 10-second adjustable seat height. Why not the same mechanism for exercise bikes?? On this product, adjusting the seat height (for another user) takes more than a minute to unscrew and then re-screw the giant bolt holding the pole in place.

3) Whatever happened to electronic miniaturization? Surely the control panel could be half its actual size. It's so large it blocks much of the breeze from the fan I run to keep cool while peddling.

Other than those annoying characteristics, the peddling itself is quiet, and resistance can be easily set to the needed level.

This bike got a strong enough recommendation in Consumer Reports for me to buy it with confidence. Lesson learned: Some products, even with CR's recommendation, might be better checked out live and in-person before buying. I also note that few of these complaints are reflected elsewhere in reviews of this product. Anyway, I'll keep using it, but I'm disappointed with what seem to me to be utterly avoidable flaws in design.
on December 23, 2009
I had read an earlier review which loved the stationary bike but didn't like the box it came in -- too flimsy. My beat-up box was just the beginning for me. I believe my Schwinn had previously been returned. It was missing some 10 or 12 bolts in the body of the bike. But, I called the number in the manual and received terrific help from Schwinn (or the Nautilus exercise machine company) in having the right bolts sent to me. I have never had better help from an electronics or computer or any company -- it was like dealing with AAPL. However, near the end of the call I was informed I would need a special tool or a trip to a bike shop to complete the repair. After hanging up I thought it over and decided to return the bike to AMZN. (I called Schwinn back & cancelled the bolts and got out my old Nordic track.)

Returning the bike proved quite easy. I printed a label for UPS from the AMZN web sight and took it to my neighborhood UPS store (they might have actually come back for it -- I didn't get that part). It didn't cost me a penny either way-- my credit card was credited in about 2 weeks for the full amount.

So I can't actually say how good the bike is but I was greatly impressed with the Nautilus, AMZN and UPS companies and the internet purchasing system.

Greg Moreno, Larkin Valley CA
on September 5, 2010
Delivery was on schdule and the packing OK. I had no problems assembling the bike. In my opinion it is well built and feels solid.
The seat adjustment works but leaves a lot to be desired. The seat is uncomfortable, but that seems to be the case with all of these units.
I think it sets a bit high, but perhaps that is desirable for a very tall person.
I like the operation of the unit - it is very quiet and stable.
I do think they should have made the readout more visible - I keep a flashlight handy.
Overall, I like it.
on February 4, 2009
As other buyers have noted an outer panel of the bicycle was cracked upon arrival. The shipping box was in excellent shape and came fast (with Amazon's free shipping the bike was here in 2 days). I contacted Nautilus customer service and recvd a replacement panel about a week later. The bike was still usable despite the panel which is really more of a cosmetic issue rather than functional issue. I attribute this to poor QC if this semes to happen so often, hence the 4 star review. The customer service rep I spoke with seemed to be very familar with this issue. Otherwise out of the box the bike was easy to put together in about 30-45 minutes.

I have had the bike for about a month now and average approx 100 miles per week on it and have not yet heard an abnormal sound from the bike as others have mentioned. I will ride for 90 minutes at a time and i dont hear a thing, the resistance speeds and all of the programs work well as advertised too.

I did some research before this purchase and I would advise others too as well, go to sporting good stores and try out a few bikes first and check prices, not every bike is right for every user. Seems like this price Amazon had this bike at was the best and the free shipping could not be beat.
on June 24, 2010
We had a previous Schwinn exercise bike (#112) that would have cost too much to fix (the computer that was needed cost more than the bike itself), so we purchased a new one instead for about the same amount of money. The new bike arrived from UPS in a badly mangled package. Fortunately most of the parts to the bike are virtually indestructable. The one major part that does not take well to rough handling is the computer/screen that controls all of the bike's secret inner workings and provides the readout. This was completely destroyed by UPS. When I called Nautilus/Schwinn, the customer service folks were helpful, but a replacement computer was delayed nearly a month because they didn't have any in stock.
Once the replacement computer came, the bike worked great. However, within a week it developed a bunch of strange noises inside while being used--ratcheting and bumping and metal parts clanging. These changed in sound and intensity for about two weeks, and now have become quiet again. I called the people at Nautilus/Schwinn and they had no answers, but took note of th matter. Everything seems to be working fine now.
on March 1, 2011
Shipping was on the dot; packaging was intact unlike what some of the reviewers here had stated. UPS here in NV and CA hasn't delivered anything torn up in all the time I've had to deal with them. Assembly of the product was pretty easy, just read and compare parts to diagram carefully. The bike is very, very quiet! I can watch TV for the 60 minutes that I ride the bike, which definitely makes the time pass by so quickly. The gear-shift per interval was kind of annoying but it's tolerable. I thought the seat was very uncomfortable initially but when I tried a regular bike seat on it I had to admit that I liked the seat that it came with better. A gel cover would probably take care of the problem. And, really, for the price it was purchased? Heck! I'd say this was a bargain compared to some of the other upright exercise bikes I have seen out there. I initially saw it at $278 but by the time I bought the bike it was already at $282. Still a great deal, I'd say.
on February 8, 2009
When this bike was delivered and put together as instructed, not only was the bottle holder broken and unusable, but the computer did not work. When inspecting the packaging, we notice the computer was packed in a box that was flimsy and not protected by foam, the only protection was the cardboard carton and that was quite dented. The bike was covered by Styrofoam, why not the computer?

A great deal of time was spent assembling this to discover at the last minute there was no workable computer. When I called, rather then just send a new computer, we had to dismantle the bike, pack it up, and wait for it to be picked up. Of course by that time, Amazon was out of the bike and we had to wait for a new one to be sent.

When the new bike came, we noted the computer still had little protection from possible shipping mishaps, but this one does work.

The bike is nice, though a little hard to mount with ease. The programming instructions are easy to understand.

I would have rated this bike 4 1/2 stars, if it hadn't been for all the work of assembling it, taking it down, waiting for a new one etc. When all that was needed to make this right, was to simply ship a new computer in exchange for the old one.
on February 10, 2009
This is a great product, but poorly packaged for shipping. Both shrouds arrived broken. I had difficulty reaching customer service because of busy lines; however they promptly replaced the damaged parts when I finally reached them. To replace the damaged shrouds, I needed a special tool (a crank puller) which costs about $15. Fortunately I had a biker friend who loaned me the tool. The exercise bike, now functioning, is very smooth and one of the best products out there for the money. However, contrary to Amazon's product description the Display is NOT backlit, making it unreadable without bright overhead lights. Consider instead the Schwinn 131 which has a great backlit display, white on blue, making the bike useable in any lighting situation. For me this turns out to be a big deal. Amazon has been informed but the product description is still unchanged, so buyer beware.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question