Schwinn 170 Upright Bike
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Dual track two LCD window system allows you to monitor up to 13 different display feedbacks
- Schwinn Connect goal tracking and data export keep you up to date on reaching your fitness goals
- 29 programs, 4 user settings and goal tracking are all there to keep you motivated and challenged
- 25 levels of resistance aligned with a high speed high inertia perimeter weighted flywheel make every workout smooth and quiet
- Charging USB port and data exchange
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
The perfect combination of comfort, innovation and value.
Ready for quality cardio workouts that complement your workout goals? With upgraded comfort, an array of customization features and intuitive goal tracking technology, the Schwinn 170 Upright Bike is a healthier you waiting to happen.
- 29 programs (12 profile; 9 heart rate control (4 Beginner; 4 Advanced; 1 Custom); 4 custom user defined; 2 fitness tests (1 Beginner; 1 Advanced); 1 recovery test; 1 quick start) and additional features.
- Schwinn DualTrack two blue backlit LCD window system allows you to monitor up to 13 different display feedbacks.
- Time, Distance, and Calories goal tracking with USB data transfer functionality to the Schwinn Connect website and compatibility with MyFitnessPal.
- USB charging port.
- 4 user capability for multiple user set-up.
- Telemetry heart rate enabled (chest strap not included).
- 25 levels of eddy current resistance aligned with a high speed, high inertia perimeter weighted flywheel for a smooth and quiet workout.
- 10 resistance quick keys to rapidly take you from easy to hard and back again.
- Sturdy frame provides a stable workout platform
- 6 LED tracking lights.
- Large contoured thick padded seat with fore and aft adjustability to fine tune your fit.
- Angle adjustable handlebars with forearm rests for a comfortable riding position.
- Ergonomically placed grip heart rate for a relaxed riding position when using a heart rate program.
3 speed fan, 3-piece cranks, oversized water bottle holder, transport wheels and integrated levelers.
- Sealed acoustic chamber speakers for big quality sound.
Product Assembled Dimensions: 41.3" X 21.4" X 55.6".
- Maximum user weight: 300 lbs.
- Power Requirements: Plugs into any standard electrical wall outlet on a 110V-120V circuit. 120V 60Hz AC input; 1.5A output.
Style Name: Bike
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Shipping - While this isn't directly related to the bike, our box did have minor damage, including some of the foam inside being broken. I only mention this as it relates to the boxing Schwinn uses. The bike doesn't appear to have taken any damage though in our case, so this wasn't a problem.
Build Quality/Construction - The bike seems very sturdy, and the materials are high quality as far as I can tell. The flywheel on ours seemed to have some minor knicks/imperfections upon visual inspection, but this hasn't had any negative effect on the performance of the bike. The bike was fairly easy to assemble, and took about an hour. There are parts of the assembly where having a second person helps, to hold something up while you connect the electronics, etc.
Resistance - The bike offers 25 levels of resistance, and the magnetic flywheel changes resistance so smoothly you barely notice it. The pedal motion is also really smooth and consistent, the bike's motion has a great feel to it. I can't believe it only cost me $400.
Display - The display is fairly basic, but gives the information needed. There are actually two displays, which is nice, as one can show you statistics while the other has bars to show the course or program you are doing. The 2nd display is visible even if you put a book or tablet on the holder, which is also nice, so you can still see your statistics.
Settings - There are several programs available, including ones that adjust to keep your heart rate steady. Once you select a program, you can choose a goal of calories, distance, or time. You can also set up user profiles. The profiles let it calculate your calories, etc. more carefully. Also, you can apparently upload your workouts with a USB stick to track them online, I haven't tested this feature yet.
Features - The bike has several convenient features. It has nice extra-large pedals (they don't have the problems mentioned in the other Schwinn model reviews). The seat is easily adjusted by pulling out the knob, and is large and pretty comfortable compared to other bikes I've tried. The bike also includes a cupholder, a fan that puts out decent air, and speakers which you can attach your iPod/tablet to.
Aesthetics - The bike is very pleasant to look at. The matte black finish really looks high quality, and the red accents are a nice touch. My wife isn't even ashamed to have it in our living room, which can't be said for most fitness equipment!
Sound - The bike is really quiet. One time, my wife didn't realize I had started pedaling because she couldn't hear anything from accross the room watching TV. The console does make loud beeping sounds when you push the buttons, or when you achieve a new record for distance/calories, but you can turn those off if you don't want it to make noise.
Overall, this bike is an amazing value. My wife and I both really enjoy it so far, and I would highly recommend it. We are really happy we took the risk of preordering this one instead of choosing other options we tested at several fitness equipment stores.
I read other reviews where people complained about the seat. I find it very comfortable. I did have to use a socket wrench to fully tighten it. The included tool did not cut it.
Overall I love it. The only real difference I found between this and the 2017 model was bluetooth connectivity to a phone/app for tracking. You have to use a USB stick for that on this bike. I have no interest in that feature so I chose to save some money and go with the older model.
Now to the packaging of the bike. I read quite a few reviews where people had issues with the packaging on the bike. Mine arrived in two days, as I am an Amazon Prime member, and the staples that were supposed to hold the box shut were ripped out.... There were two plastic straps use to reinforce the box and if they had not been there the box would have come completely open.
The bike went together very easily and took only about forty five minutes for my husband and I to complete. The instructions were mostly pictures, not written instructions, but worked very well if you took the time to study the pictures and used some common sense.
Overall, I am very happy with my Schwinn 170 Upright Bike and plan to use it for many years.