Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Schwinn 230 Recumbent Bike
Want this professionally assembled?
- Have an expert assemble your product at a time that works for you
- No hassles; No fumbling with tiny parts, complex instructions, or tools
- Your expert will ensure that your assembled product is carefully inspected for safety
- Quality service by a handpicked local expert; Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Pro will contact you within 1 business day to schedule
- Kick back and only pay when the job is done
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Book the service directly on Amazon
- Receive confirmation within 1 business day
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Dual track two LCD window system allows you to monitor up to 13 different display feedbacks
- Schwinn Connect goal tracking and data export keep you up to date on reaching your fitness goals
- 22 programs, 2 user settings and goal tracking are all there to keep you motivated and challenged
- 20 levels of resistance aligned with a high speed high inertia perimeter weighted flywheel make every workout smooth and quiet
- Charging USB port and data exchange
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
From the manufacturer
An iconic American brand with a long history of innovation, Schwinn continues to develop products for healthy, active lifestyles.
Schwinn 230 Recumbent Bike
The Schwinn 230 Recumbent Bike delivers a challenging workout in a relaxed position with increased lower back support. Its vented contoured seat adjusts in the fore/aft positions with sliding seat rail to accommodate a variety of positions for multiple users. This relaxed body positioning and lower-back support let you ride in maximum comfort with minimum strain. The Schwinn 230 also features a new oversized console that makes tracking your progress easier than ever, 22 workout programs, 9 course profiles, 20 resistance levels, a high speed high inertia perimeter weighted flywheel, in-console speakers USB charging port, media rack, and contact heart rate monitoring built into the handlebars. Assembly is simple.
-SchwinnDualTrack two LCD window system allows you to monitor up to 13 different display feedbacks
-SchwinnConnect goal tracking and data export keeps you aware of your progress as you focus on your fitness goals
-USB charging port and data exchange to SchwinnConnect and/or myfitnesspal.com
-22 programs, 2 user settings and goal tracking are there to keep you motivated and challenged
-Vented seat bottom with contoured leg area for comfort
-Large vented seat back with lumbar support for comfort and cooling
-Slider seat rail system has an easy to operate lever system
-20 levels of eddy current resistance
- A high speed, high inertia perimeter weighted flywheel keeps workouts smooth and quiet
Body & Frame
-Two integrated levelers and a center frame support for a sold workout platform
- Transport wheels allow for easy movement from room to room
- Oversized crossbar tubing for added stability
Handlebars, Speakers & Fan
-Ergonomically placed grip heart rate for comfortable use with heart rate programs
-Static handle bars for help getting on and off the bike
- Acoustic chamber speakers for big quality sound
- 3-speed fan to keep you cool.
-10 years frame
-2 years mechanical
-1 year electrical
-90 days labor
-User maximum weight: 300 lbs
Top customer reviews
1. The seatback and saddle are VERY HARD plastic. If you're bottom and back don't fit perfectly into the dimensions of the seat, you are in for an uncomfortable ride. After my first hour-long ride, my lower back was left bruised. I solved this problem by using two folded towels to as cusions (see photos).
2. The electronic console is not very intuitive. Maybe I'm used to riding the bikes at our gym which allow me to select a program, level and time with a few quick button pushes, but I find myself having to reset and start over because the controls are not marked very well (arrow UP for next choice, or arrow RIGHT? Whoops, wrong one. Start over.)
3. I'm 6'4" and the seat does not go back far enough. I'd guess this bike is best suited for people 6'2" and under.
4. When I get up to speed and hit a challenging level, the seat creaks loudly. There is no way to tighten any screws or bolts to quiet it down.
5. There are two plastic pieces that are supposed to "snap" into place (See photos). The cap over the post just under the seat does snap on, but if you brush it while mounting the bike, it will go flying across the room. The cap the hikes a joint just under the seatback just rests atop it. If you move the bike or brush against it, it will crash loudly to the floor. I can't believe the designers didn't put a couple screw attachments on these pieces. Trust me -- this will bug you every time you use the bike.
6. After three rides, the left pedal strap broke (see photos). I now have to put the strap on a smaller setting, so my entire foot doesn't fit on the pedal properly.
That said, I only paid $349 for the bike and aside from the creaking, the actual crankcase and mechanism are fairly quiet. I really want to give it three stars, but the compromises this bike demands could very easily have been engineered out during the design phase. They provide just the kind of excuses many of us will use to NOT get on the bike.
If you plan to use this as an occasional exercise option and only for short spurts, then you may be satisfied with the Schwinn 230. But if you ride for more than a half-hour, the seat will most likely leave your back and bottom aching.
Hope this helps.
When I found out I had a chance to try the 230 (2013) I was very excited. From the product page here it sounded very well thought out with a lot of useful features. Very curious as to how it would perform in person. I can say overall, I am very impressed, it has exceeded my expectations. I will get into more detail below but I really like the quality of the resistance and switching from higher to lower. And the variety of programs are very useful.
Set up is always a concern with exercise equipment. Schwinn actually did a good job here. As much as they practically could install in the factory they did. The frame from the drive mechanism all the way to the back is one (heavy and long piece). So the box is huge. The box had minimal damage. But inside pieces were packed very well and well-cushioned.
It took my wife around 2-3 hours of very easy, laid-back assembly to get it done. Of note all the pieces lined up. She never had to work hard to have holes matched up. She only needed my help to hold a couple of pieces in place a couple of times. Overall, not an item to avoid because of setup fears. This is a relatively easy assembly with clear instructions.
Once assembled I input my user information. It will store age, weight, height in your profile. It uses this to calculate your target heart rate and also various zones, such as fat burning, or cardio zone. This is also where my biggest gripe about the 230 comes in and why I took off one star. You can only store 2 users. 2! This works fine for my household but it is clearly an artificial limitation in order to get people to buy the next highest priced model. For $400 or certainly the list price of $700 Schwinn should NOT have limited it to 2 users. Obviously for all the computer does, it is not a software or hardware limitation. This may or may not be of concern to you depending upon your household and you can edit user stats fairly easily. Four users would have been a plus though in many households.
In any event once you get your user profile in you have a range of programs. I really like the hill programs. The resistance levels are fantastic on the 230. From totally easy to sweat-inducing, muscle challenging feel it the next morning heavy resistance. The transition up and down in a pre-set program is smooth.
I also like that you can set a time goal, a calorie goal, or a distance goal. You also have heart rate programs where you can say I want to stay in the cardio zone and resistance gets changed to keep you in that zone. I find the pre-programmed ones to work better for me.
The speakers work pretty well. Not great, but more than good enough and loud enough to enjoy music without headphones during your workout. Love the fan, I usually keep it on the highest level. But it is great to make the workout more pleasurable. Speaking of pleasure, I enjoy the seat comfort wise. And I think plastic will be easier to keep clean as opposed to padding. But it is a tad slippery. However it is super easy to move for people of different heights. Thank you Schwinn this is a great feature.
It charged my iPhone 4 fine and my wife's 5 fine. It would not charge our iPad 3. It said not charging. That was annoying.
Overall though if I was in a focus group and said this is what I want in a recumbent bike, Schwinn nailed almost everything. They produced an excellent piece of exercise equipment that will help people get healthier in their homes. I applaud that.
I am not a fan of limiting only putting in two users. Our daughter is 3, but if she was older I would find this very annoying. For all the things the computer can do more than two users seems like it would have been an easy addition. Only flaw I could find in an other wise fine and very user-friendly product. In spite of that, I am still a fan of the 230 and it is recommended. Great way to get a good cardio workout at home and not have to spend the time getting to and from a gym.
I'm glad that you enjoyed the bike and that nearly everything met or exceeded your expectations.
Only two users settings was a potential problem for you, the next level up (Schwinn 270) does have four users settings. I will contact our tech department about the iPad3 not charging.
Thank you for your comments.
Update on iPad charging: The console provides 500mA. When the iPad display is on it is not charging but does supply power for operating so the battery is not being drained. If you turn off the display, it actually charges but of course you can not see the charging indication then. I hope this helps.
Most recent customer reviews
-Dual track two LCD windows.
-Schwinn Connect compatible.
-22 programs, 2 user settings and goal tracking.Read more