Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
4-Year Fitness Equipment Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- What's Covered: mechanical and electrical failures during normal use, 100% parts and labor
- Get fast repairs or replacements from SquareTrade, an Allstate company
- 24/7 customer support, free shipping for all repairs, no deductibles or hidden fees
- Cancel anytime, full refund in first 30 days, fully transferable with gifts
- SquareTrade Protection Plans are only valid for new or Amazon certified refurbished products purchased at Amazon in the last 30 days. By purchasing this Protection Plan you agree to the Protection Plan Terms & Conditions (http://www.squaretrade.com/terms-standard). Your Protection Plan Terms & Conditions will be delivered via email within 24 hours of purchase
Schwinn 230 Recumbent Bike
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Goal Track capability enables user to set individual exercise goals
- 20 levels of resistance for a wide range of workout intensity options
- High speed, high inertia drive system for easy start-up and smooth, quiet workouts
- DualTrack 2 LCD screen displays offer increased visibility to programs and goal tracking
- 22 preset workout programs: 9 profile, 8 heart rate control, 2 fitness test, 1 quick start
- Seat rail slider system with easy adjust lever customizes the fit for each user
- Charging USB port to keep phones, tablets or music players at full battery life
- MP3 input to listen to your favorite playlist through in-console speakers. Dimensions are 64 X 27.7 X 50 inches and 300 pounds
Customers also shopped for
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
From the manufacturer
– Goal Track capability enables users to set individual exercise goals.
– 22 preset exercise programs: 9 profile, 8 heart rate control, 2 custom, 2 fitness test, 1 quick start.
– 2 DualTrack LCD screen displays offer increased visibility to programs and goal track.
Performance & Quality
– 20 levels of resistance for a wide range of workout intensity options.
– High speed, high inertia drive system for easy start-up and smooth quiet workouts.
Comfort & Usability
– Seat rail slider system with easy adjust lever customizes the fit for each user.
– Charging USB port to keep phones, tablet or music players at full battery life.
– MP3 input so you can listen to your favorite playlist through the in-console speakers.
|Schwinn A20 Recumbent Bike||Schwinn 230 Recumbent Bike||Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike|
|No. of Programs||7||22||29|
|Mixed-Reality Training||RideSocial App|
|Performance Tracking||Goal Track||Schwinn Trainer App|
|Heart Rate||Contact||Contact||Contact & Telemetry Enabled|
|Display||LCD Display||2 DualTrack LCD Displays||2 Blue Backlit LCD Displays|
|USB Charging Port||✓||✓||✓|
Designed with a solid build, comfortable ride and user-friendly features, the 230 Recumbent Bike delivers the exceptional value you’ve come to expect from Schwinn. And 22 workout programs, easy-to-read displays and intuitive goal tracking, the Schwinn 230 puts a higher level of fitness well within your reach.
Style Name: Bike Only
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
266 customer reviews
Review this product
Read reviews that mention
Showing 1-8 of 266 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
After trying Schwinn 270 recumbent bike at my local sporting goods store (Dick's Sporting Goods) and liking it a lot, I was contemplating between the 270 and the 230. Basically there are three main differences: (1) The 270 has 25 levels of resistance versus 20 levels for the 230. (2) The seat has cushion on the 270 while the 230 has a plastic seat with holes for airflow. (3) The 270 could have up to 4 saved profiles and the 230 could have 2. Number of profiles on the 270 might be a good feature for folks who would share the bike with more than 2 people but I was only sharing with my wife so it wasn't a big deal for me. And since the 230 is a new model (2016 vs. 2013), I decided to go with the 230 and I couldn't be happier.
Before I talk about pros and cons, I just wanted to talk just a little bit about myself so you get a better perspective. I'm 5'9'', male, 160 lbs, in my 30s, in a relatively good shape but nothing close to a triathlon athlete or body builder. I'm just a casual rider who puts in about 30-45 minutes, 2-3 times a week.
- The bike has a very smooth ride on all resistances. No squick, no thump, just a smooth sound of a well-oil machine probably very close to those heavy duty commercial grade exercise bikes you see at the gym.
- Slider seat is so easy to adjust. I know for this price range, this is a requirement especially when two of us are sharing this bike adjusting back and forth.
- Sturdy! Of course as I described above I'm not testing this bike to it max limits since I'm just an average guy with average use but so far, nothing is shaking and nothing is loose.
- Low impact on your knees and joints but you could probably say the same on all bikes and elliptical machines.
- Programs. Many programs to choose from. Some are fun while others I'm never going back to but that's just based on my personal preference.
- Two LCD monitors. This allows me to put my iPad on top while I keep track of my workout on the bottom LCD.
- Great, knowledgeable and friendly customer service. Registering product and basic troubleshooting were easy.
- Assembly wasn't a rocket science. It seems all the parts that you think could be assembled in the factory, they assembled in the factory so good job Schwinn. But that doesn't mean I only spent 3 minutes putting this bike together like putting a hot pocket in a microwave. Think of the assembly process as preparing a delicious food using a slow cooker. It takes time but not difficult if you know what I mean ;) So I would say 1-2 hours depending on your skills.
- 2 Profiles. Now this is not a con for me since I'm only sharing this bike with my wife but if you have 3 or more people sharing and want to save your workout results and progress, you can't do it with this bike. The 270 allows 4 profiles just as an FYI.
- The front panel / LCD dashboard does not look like the one shown on the Amazon page. Please refer to my picture. It is less shiny and you will notice the logo on top is not red in real life. Also the buttons are the same color as the panel but when you look at the picture on Amazon it is darker and shinier. This is definitely not a deal breaker and maybe I'm just being picky but I just wanted to note.
- Plastic seat and back. I personally haven't had any discomfort riding on a plastic seat but I could see that this may be slightly uncomfortable if you ride more frequently. Again, this is an exercise bike not a La-Z-Boy recliner so I expect less comfort from this bike. But then again, I could see that this could potentially be an issue.
Another note - I also purchased Supermats Heavy Duty P.V.C. Mat for Treadmills/Ski Machine (2.5-Feet x 6-Feet) to go with this bike in case you are wondering. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004IJI7HW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1