Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $92.65 shipping
Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike (MY17)
|Price:||$499.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$299.01 (37%)|
Want this professionally assembled?
- Assembly of 1 customer-supplied exercise bike per product instructions
- Moving the bike to a new location is not included
- Typical assembly time of 2 hours
- Removal of packaging materials to customer's bin
- Products requiring additional work may result in an updated estimate from provider
- Pro will contact you within 1 business day to schedule
- Kick back and only pay when the job is done
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Book the service directly on Amazon
- Receive confirmation within 1 business day
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Dual Track two blue back-lit LCD screen System offers increased visibility to programs and Goal tracking
- Bluetooth connectivity offers seamless transition of data to Supported Smart devices
- 25 levels of computer Controlled resistance for a wide range of workout intensity options
- 29 programs, 4 users settings and Goal tracking are all there to keep you motivated and challenged
- Charging USB port, speakers, adjustable three speed fan, media shelf
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Who says exercise has to be all pain for gain? The Schwinn M17 270 Recumbent Exercise Bike adds elements of comfort to an intense workout in your own home. This recumbent bike features a high inertia drive system for an effortless startup and quiet workouts, upgraded pedal system with a three-piece crank, and 25 levels of resistance to match your level of fitness and challenges. The ventilated, contoured, and cushioned seat gives you the most comfortable ride along with ergonomically-positioned handlebars. Track your progress on the LCD screen or transfer your data via Bluetooth to your favorite fitness apps or the Schwinn Connect™ app. Additional FeaturesOversized pedals Adjustable seat Perimeter weighted flywheel drive system Heart rate monitor pulse grips 9 heart rate programs Front transport wheels for easy moving and storage MP3 input with in-console speakers Three-speed cooling fan Water bottle holder USB charging port Media shelf 110V-120V (AC adapter included) 29 preset exercise programs. 25 levels of computer controlled resistance. Bluetooth transferred time, distance, and calorie goals. Made of steel materials in gray. Weight capacity: 300 lbs.. 10 year frame, 2 year mechanical, 1 year electrical, 90 day labor warranties. Assembled dimensions: 64L x 27W x 50H in.. Assembly required.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
1. Note the model “MY17-R270” – be sure to get the 2017 model.
2. Mine didn’t ship with a user manual – only assembly instructions. As of this writing, the only manual available and downloaded from the website is for the 2016 model. I got the 2017 manual by calling customer support.
3. Some things I’ve found (2017 adds):
a. There is a Custom User Program capability, but it’s NOT listed in either manual. (It wasn’t difficult to figure out)
b. The 2017 DOES have BlueTooth® capability – allowing at least automatic upload of sessions to the Schwinn Trainer app*.
c. Some kind of “VR Experience” capability – there is a page full of warnings for caution when using VR – but there’s no instruction or description of HOW to use VR with the bike.
d. I’m thinking there are other “Easter eggs”, but I haven’t found them… and I’ll bet the programming can be updated/upgraded!
4. * “Schwinn Trainer” is a smartphone app. “SchwinnConnect.com” is a website.
a. Both sync with MyFitnessPal.
b. Your session(s) can be downloaded to a USB thumb-stick, and then uploaded to SchwinnConnect.com via PC. If you choose to enable syncing to MyFitnessPal, the exercise is defined as “Stationary bike, general (bicycling, cycling, biking) “.
c. Alternately, if you open the app, “Schwinn Trainer”, your session(s) will automatically be uploaded to the app.
i. This is a great app. All aspects of the sessions are retained and displayed.
ii. If you choose to sync this app with MyFitnessPal (don’t sync both; you’ll get double entries – duh!) – it will define the exercise as, “Stair-treadmill ergometer, general “ – which is incorrect, and when synced with other apps/programs/websites is treated differently than “Stationary bike, general (bicycling, cycling, biking)”
iii. Contrary to both the user manual and the description of the app in the PLAY store, this app does NOT upload the sessions to the SchwinnConnect.com site.
1. Interestingly, I sent an email to Nautilus (manufacturer of the 270 and the app) questioning both the incorrect definition of the exercise AND the inability to upload the data to SchwinnConnect.com – their response ignored the incorrect definition and confirmed, "The Schwinn Trainer app does not currently sync directly with Schwinn Connect. You can still transfer data using a USB stick though."
5. Heart Rate Monitoring
a. The 270’s in “Contact Heart Rate (CHR) built-Sensors” pretty good – but you have to maintain contact with both hands and until I’m 5 or 10 minutes into the ride (when my hands warm up) it reads very high (180-190) – however once the contact becomes better it is very close to my FitBit Charge 2’s reading – AND it’s ”Average HR” for the ride seems correct –even though I frequently do not have both hands on the contacts.
b. The 270 does connect (wirelessly) with other HR monitors like a chest strap – but take note:
“The heart rate chest strap must be an uncoded heart rate strap from Polar Electro or an uncoded POLAR® compatible model. (Coded POLAR® heart rate straps such as POLAR® OwnCode® chest straps will not work with this equipment.)”
6. I’ve had it 10 days and have used it every day riding up to 45 minutes in a session.
a. The padded seat and perforated seatback are very comfortable, and feels very solid during the workout.
b. The 3-speed face fan works.
c. The included media cable connects an MP3 source to the built-in stereo speakers.
d. It is so quiet while pedaling that you can easily watch TV or watch whatever you play on your smartphone or tablet that you can place in the “Media Tray”.
e. The lower display (below the Media Tray) is configurable and can display the current workout values.
f. The “Water Bottle Holder” actually has 2 compartments and can hold things like a TV remote or phone in addition to a water bottle.
g. The seat adjusts quite a bit (I’m 6’1”, my wife is 5’4”)
and would accommodate a wide variety of heights.
h. The seat slide scale is pretty much useless – it’s hidden under the seat – it should be moved to behind the seat…
i. It was very easy to put together – the main components were already assembled, I had to attach only the stabilizers, handlebars/display, seat and pedals.
I’d buy it again and I’d recommend it to my friends.
The bike is sturdy and extremely quiet. I mean someone could be sleeping in the same room quiet, it's crazy. I am a 61 yr old female and following the well written instruction manual for assembly I was able to put the bike together myself in about 1.5 hrs. So far everything on the computer console seems to be working properly including the fan. I haven't connected to Bluetooth but the MP3 connection is nice to have and the speakers sound surprisingly good. The water bottle holder is handy and there is another little pocket for maybe a remote.
I am still learning what all I can do with this piece of equipment but one thing I really like is how you can choose one of the pre-programmed workouts and adjust your time goal. Each program is preset for 30 minutes taking you through alternate resistance levels every 2 minutes. But if you have only 10 or 15 minutes to get a workout in or say you want to pedal for an hour you can adjust the time goal on any of the preset programs. You will still do the program in its entirety just in shorter or longer resistance intervals. (For example...a 15 minute workout will take you through the entire program but will change resistance levels every 1 minute instead of every 2). Before I went to work one day I was pressed for time but just for fun did a 4 minute workout! The resistance level changed every 16 seconds and took me through the programs entirety.
I am very happy with this purchase and would purchase it again. I would also recommend it to a friend. It's a good solid piece of exercise equipment.
NOTE: I ordered this bike through PlumStruck on April 2nd. The estimated delivery was April 20-28. I still got free shipping and to my surprise the bike arrived 2 days after I placed my order! Excellent service.
Most recent customer reviews
Construction was time consuming but no difficult.Read more