4-Year Fitness Equipment Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for product breakdowns and malfunctions
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike (MY17)
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Bluetooth® connectivity, syncs with the Schwinn Trainer App and other apps for fitness tracking
- Sync with free downloadable RideSocial™ App and see the world as you virtually ride alongside friends in real time
- 29 programs: 12 profile, 9 heart rate control, 4 custom, 2 fitness test, 1 quick start
- 25 levels of resistance for a wide range of workout intensity options
- High speed, high inertia drive system with a perimeter weighted flywheel for easy start up and smooth, consistent workouts
- DualTrack™ LCD displays, media shelf, in-console speakers with MP3 input port, USB media charging and adjustable fan
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
An iconic American brand with a history of innovation, Schwinn continues to develop products for healthy, active lifestyles.
Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike
Bring better health into your life by bringing Schwinn Fitness into your home with the new Schwinn 270 recumbent bike. Now featuring Bluetooth connectivity, an upgraded seat and pedals as well as a streamlined console the 270 blends intuitive design with user-friendly technology to make your cardio workout smarter, smoother and more enjoyable.
- Two blue backlit LCD windows to monitor workout metrics.
- Bluetooth transfer of time, distance and calorie goals to our free Schwinn Trainer app and other popular apps.
- 29 programs: 12 profile, 8 heart rate, 4 custom user, 2 fitness test, and more.
- Quick access speed and resistance buttons.
- Grip and telemetry enabled heart rate.
- Cushioned seat bottom with contoured leg area for comfort.
- Large vented seat back with lumbar support for comfort and cooling.
- Easy-glide aluminum seat rail adjusts the seat forwards or backwards to customize your ride for your height.
- 20 levels of computer controlled resistance for a wide range of workout intensity option.
- A high speed, high inertia perimeter weighted flywheel keeps workouts smooth and quiet.
- Upgraded pedal system features a durable three-piece crank with wider pedals and straps.
- Sturdy, one piece walk through frame provides a firm workout platform stabilized with wheels in front and integrated levelers in the back.
Who says exercise has to be all pain for gain? The Schwinn M17 270 Recumbent Exercise Bike adds elements of comfort to an intense workout in your own home. This recumbent bike features a high inertia drive system for an effortless startup and quiet workouts, upgraded pedal system with a three-piece crank, and 25 levels of resistance to match your level of fitness and challenges. The ventilated, contoured, and cushioned seat gives you the most comfortable ride along with ergonomically-positioned handlebars. Track your progress on the LCD screen or transfer your data via Bluetooth to your favorite fitness apps or the Schwinn Connect™ app. Additional FeaturesOversized pedals Adjustable seat Perimeter weighted flywheel drive system Heart rate monitor pulse grips 9 heart rate programs Front transport wheels for easy moving and storage MP3 input with in-console speakers Three-speed cooling fan Water bottle holder USB charging port Media shelf 110V-120V (AC adapter included) 29 preset exercise programs. 25 levels of computer controlled resistance. Bluetooth transferred time, distance, and calorie goals. Made of steel materials in gray. Weight capacity: 300 lbs.. 10 year frame, 2 year mechanical, 1 year electrical, 90 day labor warranties. Assembled dimensions: 64L x 27W x 50H in.. Assembly required.
Style Name: Bike only
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. Note the model “MY17-R270” – be sure to get the 2017 model.
2. Mine didn’t ship with a user manual – only assembly instructions. As of this writing, the only manual available and downloaded from the website is for the 2016 model. I got the 2017 manual by calling customer support.
3. Some things I’ve found (2017 adds):
a. There is a Custom User Program capability, but it’s NOT listed in either manual. (It wasn’t difficult to figure out)
b. The 2017 DOES have BlueTooth® capability – allowing at least automatic upload of sessions to the Schwinn Trainer app*.
c. Some kind of “VR Experience” capability – there is a page full of warnings for caution when using VR – but there’s no instruction or description of HOW to use VR with the bike.
d. I’m thinking there are other “Easter eggs”, but I haven’t found them… and I’ll bet the programming can be updated/upgraded!
4. * “Schwinn Trainer” is a smartphone app. “SchwinnConnect.com” is a website.
a. Both sync with MyFitnessPal.
b. Your session(s) can be downloaded to a USB thumb-stick, and then uploaded to SchwinnConnect.com via PC. If you choose to enable syncing to MyFitnessPal, the exercise is defined as “Stationary bike, general (bicycling, cycling, biking) “.
c. Alternately, if you open the app, “Schwinn Trainer”, your session(s) will automatically be uploaded to the app.
i. This is a great app. All aspects of the sessions are retained and displayed.
ii. If you choose to sync this app with MyFitnessPal (don’t sync both; you’ll get double entries – duh!) – it will define the exercise as, “Stair-treadmill ergometer, general “ – which is incorrect, and when synced with other apps/programs/websites is treated differently than “Stationary bike, general (bicycling, cycling, biking)”
iii. Contrary to both the user manual and the description of the app in the PLAY store, this app does NOT upload the sessions to the SchwinnConnect.com site.
1. Interestingly, I sent an email to Nautilus (manufacturer of the 270 and the app) questioning both the incorrect definition of the exercise AND the inability to upload the data to SchwinnConnect.com – their response ignored the incorrect definition and confirmed, "The Schwinn Trainer app does not currently sync directly with Schwinn Connect. You can still transfer data using a USB stick though."
5. Heart Rate Monitoring
a. The 270’s in “Contact Heart Rate (CHR) built-Sensors” pretty good – but you have to maintain contact with both hands and until I’m 5 or 10 minutes into the ride (when my hands warm up) it reads very high (180-190) – however once the contact becomes better it is very close to my FitBit Charge 2’s reading – AND it’s ”Average HR” for the ride seems correct –even though I frequently do not have both hands on the contacts.
b. The 270 does connect (wirelessly) with other HR monitors like a chest strap – but take note:
“The heart rate chest strap must be an uncoded heart rate strap from Polar Electro or an uncoded POLAR® compatible model. (Coded POLAR® heart rate straps such as POLAR® OwnCode® chest straps will not work with this equipment.)”
6. I’ve had it 10 days and have used it every day riding up to 45 minutes in a session.
a. The padded seat and perforated seatback are very comfortable, and feels very solid during the workout.
b. The 3-speed face fan works.
c. The included media cable connects an MP3 source to the built-in stereo speakers.
d. It is so quiet while pedaling that you can easily watch TV or watch whatever you play on your smartphone or tablet that you can place in the “Media Tray”.
e. The lower display (below the Media Tray) is configurable and can display the current workout values.
f. The “Water Bottle Holder” actually has 2 compartments and can hold things like a TV remote or phone in addition to a water bottle.
g. The seat adjusts quite a bit (I’m 6’1”, my wife is 5’4”)
and would accommodate a wide variety of heights.
h. The seat slide scale is pretty much useless – it’s hidden under the seat – it should be moved to behind the seat…
i. It was very easy to put together – the main components were already assembled, I had to attach only the stabilizers, handlebars/display, seat and pedals.
I’d buy it again and I’d recommend it to my friends.
The bike is sturdy and extremely quiet. I mean someone could be sleeping in the same room quiet, it's crazy. I am a 61 yr old female and following the well written instruction manual for assembly I was able to put the bike together myself in about 1.5 hrs. So far everything on the computer console seems to be working properly including the fan. I haven't connected to Bluetooth but the MP3 connection is nice to have and the speakers sound surprisingly good. The water bottle holder is handy and there is another little pocket for maybe a remote.
I am still learning what all I can do with this piece of equipment but one thing I really like is how you can choose one of the pre-programmed workouts and adjust your time goal. Each program is preset for 30 minutes taking you through alternate resistance levels every 2 minutes. But if you have only 10 or 15 minutes to get a workout in or say you want to pedal for an hour you can adjust the time goal on any of the preset programs. You will still do the program in its entirety just in shorter or longer resistance intervals. (For example...a 15 minute workout will take you through the entire program but will change resistance levels every 1 minute instead of every 2). Before I went to work one day I was pressed for time but just for fun did a 4 minute workout! The resistance level changed every 16 seconds and took me through the programs entirety.
I am very happy with this purchase and would purchase it again. I would also recommend it to a friend. It's a good solid piece of exercise equipment.
NOTE: I ordered this bike through PlumStruck on April 2nd. The estimated delivery was April 20-28. I still got free shipping and to my surprise the bike arrived 2 days after I placed my order! Excellent service.