Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
4-Year Fitness Equipment Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for product breakdowns and malfunctions
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
Schwinn A40 Elliptical Machine
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 7 Preset programs: 6 profile, 1 quick start
- High speed, high inertia perimeter weighted flywheel for a smooth and quiet workout
- 8 levels of resistance to keep you on your toes
- Large LCD console tracks speed, time, RPM, distance, calories, results and heart rate
- Ergonomically placed grip heart rate monitors
- Transport wheels allows for easy movement and storage
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Schwinn A40 Elliptical
Schwinn Elliptical Machines are designed to deliver a comfortable workout with maximum results. With easy to use features, simple assembly, and a unique console designed with you in mind, the Schwinn A40 is a great step to a healthy you!
A40 Comfort features
- Biomechanically designed linkages provide a comfortable and natural foot motion.
- Ergonomic handles for multiple workout positions
Compact footprint fits virtually everywhere
A40 Performance features
- Perimeter weighted flywheel for smooth, consistent workouts.
- Fast and reliable electromagnetic resistance system.
- Oversized stabilizers and levelers that are built-in for a solid workout platform.
A40 Feedback features
- 8 resistance levels.
- 6 fitness metrics, including Calories, Heart Rate, Speed, RPM, Time, and Distance.
- Integrated grip heart rate system for easy fitness monitoring.
Compare with similar items
Gold's Gym Stridetrainer 380 Elliptical Trainer
Horizon Fitness EX-59-02 Elliptical Trainer
Magnetic Elliptical Machine Trainer w/ LCD Monitor and Pulse Rate Grips by EFITMENT - E006
Exerpeutic GOLD 2000XLST Bluetooth Smart Technology Elliptical Trainer with 21 Workout Programs
XTERRA FS1.5 Elliptical Machine Trainer
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||
Exclusively for Prime members
|Sold By||Amazon.com||One New Age||Amazon.com||ZooVaa||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||23 x 59 x 64 in||—||22 x 68.25 x 646 in||23.5 x 50 x 62 in||25 x 53 x 63 in||25.7 x 45.3 x 14.6 in|
|Item Weight||105 lbs||—||145 lbs||—||81.6 lbs||—|
|Additional Features||Heart rate monitor||Digital resistance||Zero gap overlapping pedal||LCD-Display||—||Oversized pedals|
|Warranty Description||2 years frame; 6 months mechanical; 6 months electrical||90 days||Lifetime frame; 1 year parts; 1 year labor||—||—||5 years frame; 1 year parts|
Style Name: Elliptical
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
We read the reviews and this machine seemed to bring value and quality together. After a few days of using the A40, I'm very pleased and can recommend it to others in the same situation.
The box it arrived in is very tightly packed and quite heavy. During the unpack is when I first realized this $400 machine was higher quality than I anticipated as the parts are pretty heavy duty. It took a few hours to put together although we did not rush and took our time. It's super important when assembling the machine to follow the instructions and not fully tighten the bolts until everything is in place or it will cause misalignment of holes and bolts which then can lead to stripping threads - just take your time and do it right.
As far as the workout goes, I'm a bit in shock of how effective it is. It is VERY silent on carpet and a sturdy machine.
I'm 5'8" and I've heard others mention the stride length. For me, it seems just about right. I suppose if you are over 5'10" it would start to be uncomfortable.
1. The computer is battery powered with an ac adapter option. If you want to run off of ac, take the time to purchase the ac adapter as it is not included. Given the price/quality of this machine, no big deal if you know up front:
2. The computer is not, at all, backlit. That means if you are using it in the morning in a dark setting, you can't see the screen - at all. Purchase a clip-on book light too. There is a shelf on the computer that works fine for it. Again, given price/quality, not a big deal:
Overall, we are VERY happy with this machine and again, I can recommend it by taking the time to write this and encourage others to make the plunge.
* Light in weight but sturdy and quiet (I can move it about as needed with the casters)
* The 6 programs are each challenging yet enjoyable
* Computer console, while not lighted, is easy to see (and use)
- I love the feedback readings for heart rate, calories, distance
* It is quiet yet very sturdy
* Speakers are adequate for my workouts
Nov. 25 edit: It seems the issue with the two parts not fitting together mentioned in my initial review was due to cold weather - the box had been stored in the garage where it is very cold. Once the parts were inside for 24 hours they in fact fit together. Original review below.
This review will evolve as I get info from Schwinn.
I own and have assembled two other Schwinn Elliptical trainers - the 450 and the 425 (2013 model). I had no trouble putting those together and they work great to this day.
However, the Schwinn A40 Elliptical had proven impossible to assemble - the end of the right lower handlebar arm is apparently slightly pinched and will not fit into the leg component. I've tried everything and it seems to be a factory issue as I do not see any physical damage.
I am putting a call into Schwinn and will update this review accordingly.
Update ( Feb. 3rd - 3 months after purchase)
After using the elliptical for 3 months (3-4 times a week) the machine suffered a catastrophic failure as the bar connecting the frame to the pedal broke mid-workout. This caused the bar connecting the pedal to the body to come crashing down and disconnect from the handle. Needless to say it was a frightening and dangerous moment. The build quality on these appears to be very suspect. I am deeply regretting this purchase. I will update this review once I get a response from Nautilus.
Update (March 2016)
Schwann (Nautilus) sent me a replacement elliptical (a different model). it took about a month for the entire process, but they did send people to assemble the new elliptical and take apart the old one. Overall a satisfactory resolution.