3 Year Asurion Bike/Scooter Extended Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- Coverage includes free repairs or replacement after manufacturer's warranty expires
- Don't be left flat - Protect your wheels with an Asurion Protection Plan
- If we can't fix it, we will issue you an Amazon Gift Card for full replacement value
- No deductibles or additional fees. Easy claims online or by phone. Contract is emailed to you within hours of your purchase.
- Fully Transferable. 100% refund within first 30 days
Schwinn Discover Women's Hybrid Bike (700C Wheels),White,28"
|Price:||$300.41 & FREE Shipping|
Usually ships within 3 to 4 days.
Want this professionally assembled?
- Assembling 1 customer-supplied bike
- Guidance on basic tuning and maintenance
- Safety ride to ensure function and performance
- Longer assembly times may result in additional service fees
- Pro will contact you within 1 business day to schedule
- Kick back and only pay when the job is done
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Book the service directly on Amazon
- Receive confirmation within 1 business day
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Women's comfort bike with aluminum city frame
- Schwinn suspension fork ; Schwinn alloy crank
- 21-speed SRAM grip shifters; Shimano rear derailleur
- Promax alloy linear pull brakes; rear gear carrier
- Swept-back upright handlebar and padded saddle
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the manufacturer
Enjoy the freedom of riding on a Schwinn
Schwinn is the oldest and most trusted name in bikes in America. By purchasing a Schwinn you are joining millions of happy cyclists that are confident knowing that their bikes are backed by a lifetime warranty for as long as you own the bike.
A great bike for commuting and beyond!
Take your bike to today, why not? This bike is waiting for you, totally ready to take you where you need to go. No need for a ton of prep. This Schwinn has a classic look so it will match just about anything in your closet. With a frame made for urban riding, with a front suspension fork to make man hole covers and pavement patches easier to take. The rear rack is built in and ready to carry your bag or groceries back home with you. The coordinating fenders look snazzy but are also practical since they will keep the morning dew and splashes off your office wear.
There are 21 speeds with a Shimano twist shifters and a Shimano rear derailleur. There is an alloy front and rear linear pull brakes, and a Schwinn alloy crank. On the ride home, take a quick tour through the park, or take the kids out on their bikes for ice cream after dinner.
This bike will fit in just about anywhere.
|Brake Style||Rim Brakes|
|Frame Material Type||Aluminum|
|Item Dimensions||31.89 x 7.48 x 53.94 inches|
|Item Weight||46 pounds|
|Shipping Weight||45 pounds|
Schwinn Discovery Bicycle
Discovering new places, spots, events and springs would be a lot more fun-filled with Schwinn Discovery Bicycle. Aluminum city frame and padded saddle lend comfort and ease in riding. For upright position, it has a swept-back handlebar with an adjustable stem. So step on and roll into an easy and comfortable riding experience.
Age: 14 years and up
- Cross-hybrid bike with aluminum city frame
- Shimano TX-31 rear derailleur for shifting gears
- ProMax linear pull brakes for good stopping power
- Padded saddle lends comfort
- 21-speed SRAM gripshifters
- Schwinn suspension fork maximizes bike response
- Fenders and rear gear carrier
- Schwinn alloy crank set
- Swept-back handlebar with an adjustable stem for upright position
Outfitted with a ladies aluminum city frame with an upright riding position, a Schwinn suspension fork to absorb shock, and a padded saddle with a suspension seat post, the Schwinn Discovery women's comfort bike is ideal for commuting to work or cruising down a leisurely bike path. The bike offers such additional features as 21-speed SRAM grip shifters for fast, easy gear changes, a Shimano TX-31 rear derailleur, a Schwinn alloy crank, Promax alloy linear pull brakes, a swept-back upright handlebar with an adjustable stem, fenders, and a rear gear carrier.About Schwinn
Founded in 1895, Schwinn is an American icon that's long been synonymous with quality and innovation. The company has built some of the best-known and best-loved bikes of multiple generations, including the Aerocycle, Paramount, Phantom, Varsity, Sting-Ray, Krate, and Homegrown. Today, Schwinn continues to innovate with such releases as the redesigned Sting-Ray, Rocket mountain bikes, and Fastback road bikes. With a continued dedication to quality forever synonymous with the Schwinn name, America's most famous bicycle brand looks forward to providing another century of innovation, freedom, and performance to people of all ages.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
Just know that you will have to take this to a bike shop unless you're a professional. It pretty much comes assembled, so my husband put it together, seemed easy enough - unfortunately he put the handle bars on backwards (looked normal to me! lol) and the fender in the front kept rubbing on the tires - also the gears felt weird and it was hard to pedal -- once we had the bike shop do the adjustments (~ $50) it was like a completely different bike! I would highly recommend just taking the bike to the bike shop and asking them to assemble it - that way they can't make fun of how you (or your spouse) assembled it in the first place lol.
I want to provide an update to my review and respond to a few of the comment threads/questions here.
I've now had this bike for 2 & 1/2 years and it is still working great! I love my bike and have been mostly happy with my purchase with just a few (minor) exceptions.
I did not purchase any baskets or accessories so I can't comment or make recommendations on those (sorry), however, I will mention the back of the bike does have a piece that you can put a small bag and it will hold it down via spring action (i.e. Walgreens bag, small messenger bag, small zipped up purse, or similar).
As for it being too tall for some people, I can understand why it may seem so and I do have to jump off the bike to dismount when I stop - I cannot touch the ground to stop, but as mentioned previously that would mean the bike is too small. I believe this is a good comfortable ride for someone of my size - I think if you are shorter (5'4" or under) than this bike will be too big. If I were to make a guess, I would say it is meant for someone between 5'5"-5'9". The seat does sit a little high.
I definitely do NOT think this bike is good for off road riding. I had thought the same as others - that a hybrid could go off road. This thinking got me several flat tires :( and was very uncomfortable ride off road. This could be the type of tires that are on it - maybe if you changed the tires out it would work but honestly I would have just opted for a mountain bike if I was going to take it off pavement. I would consider this more of a leisure ride bike.
The issues I have had with the bike are:
1) The tires - I've had to have them replaced - this is probably common and I used a Living Social Deal for new bike tires when mine went out.
2) The fender piece on the front comes loose and rubs on the tires no matter how many times I've had a bike shop "fix" it and my husband has to tighten it occasionally while we are riding. Keep in mind that when I received my bike it was missing the bolt and nut that is suppose to hold the fender on. Instead of sending it back I took it to the bike shop for the assembly mentioned above and they said it was no big problem and they put a bold and nut on it. I've continued to have problems with it though so I thought it was worth mentioning.
Other than that I've been super happy with my bike. I think for the price it is a well made bike that has functioned how I wanted it to. If you are looking for more intense bike riding - for speed or off-road - then you will probably land up spending more than this bike costs. If you are looking for a great bike to take out on paved trails for sight-seeing and such then this is perfect. Good luck in your bike search!
We got it because she will be working down at the shore for the summer and we wanted to get her a bike that she could ride on Long Beach Island. I was initially worried since sometimes the adjustments can be difficult for some bikes but this one was fairly easy.
- The bike comes partially assembled. You have to attach the front wheel, handlebar, seat and seat-post, and pedals.
- The assembly instructions are generic for a variety of bike models. If you have assembled bikes before it is pretty easy to figure out.
- Everything is good quality for the price.
- Rugged enough to take on some unpaved trails and dirt roads.
My daughter rode it around and says it is very comfortable and rides nicely. She loves the bike.
** Update 7/1/2013 **
After riding it for about a month she still loves it. Surprisingly, my son (14 y.o.) loves it too! He has been grabbing it rather than his bike to ride to the park. They both say it rides "smoother" (their words) than their old bikes. I am thinking of buying the men's version for him. I attached a front basket to the bike and a water bottle. My daughter now has it at the shore and is a perfect bike to ride over to the beach and to the local shops.
At the end of the summer, I will see how it held up.
Most recent customer reviews
I am giving it 3 stars. The rack is cheaply made, the fenders are plastic.Read more