Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on July 8, 2014
My 2-year old daughter is joining me in my mid-life crisis and wants to give skateboarding a try. The set is really small but all the pieces fit her perfectly. I uploaded a picture of her in them to the page if it helps to see them on someone tiny. I was looking around my house for something for reference and the best I could come up with was a coke can - the pads fit pretty snug around the can and were just a touch taller than it.

As for the protection it should do just fine against scrapes and minor bumps. It won't do much to absorb a fall but will provide a good enough buffer between her knees and the concrete. Considering my daughter is on a small board under supervision on sidewalks and probably wont get much speed at all these should protect her very well. Any fall with increased force or speed and I cant see these really doing much to protect her since there's nothing in these to actually absorb an impact.
review image
37 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on April 14, 2015
These are very cute and an awesome alternative to the movie characters that dominate children's products. My child is not a billboard. I really like that the pink and blue are balanced so that they don't feel overly girly and work well with the gender-neutral, adjustable skates I bought. My four year old wears them as much as she possibly can, no matter what she's doing. They fit well (she's a slender 5T) and have a little room to grow into.They are not "scratchy" and the velcro is of decent quality. I would have liked some padding on the palms of the gloves, but they are still very functional and offer light protection if she falls.
on July 8, 2014
Great price I bought two sets one for my two yr old and my four year old great color, slow shipping which was no problem but I gave four stars just because it runs on the smaller size my four yr old could barely get her hands in the gloves but once she managed she ran around the house for an hour and would not take them off, I'm not sure how long these will fit her and since I bought two no hand me downs here other than that fantastic product
on March 31, 2015
My 3-year-old loves roller skating and these have been instrumental in keeping her from getting scraped. Although they aren't heavy duty, they protect against road rash, cuts, and most bruises. The gloves are the only ones that have fit her hands and there's room to grow. I would estimate they're good for a 2.5 to 4.5 year-old. The set gets 4 stars instead of 5 because although they are still functioning great, they're a little ratty looking now although she only wears them about once a week. Still, they're the best I've found for this young age and small size.
on July 11, 2014
These are small - my twins are 2.5 years old and they are in 13% and 30% for weight and are skinny -- The knee pads tend to be a bit too tight but they work well for now. The hand guards/gloves do not provide any support when falling - and they are WAY too big for my kids - I'd say they are more for a 4 year old. My kids have fallen while wearing these and the knee and elbow pads DID provide enough protection so I'd say they work good in that regard. However, b/c they tend to fall forward onto their hands we really need wrist BRACES and not gloves. So we are keeping these as a back up pair but it is unlikely we'll use them again once our new set with wrist braces comes in ($1 more than we paid for this set).
on December 8, 2013
They fit my tiny 2.5 year old as well as can be expected with her bitty size, no complaints from her so they must be comfy enough! The gloves are way to large and not practical, but I wasn't really all that concerned with those.
on May 9, 2013
My daughtwe is 2 1/2 and is learning to ride a bike and a skateboard and these pads are perfect for her size and the kind of accidents she has. When she is a little bigger and actually rides a bike or something better pads will be needed.My daughter has gotten in the habit of wearing a helmet and pads whenever she plays with her balance bike or skateboard and she can put the elbow pads on herself so that is fun too.
on December 26, 2013
The elbow pads were a good size, I had to put the velcro at the tighest option, while the knee pads were a little on the small side (they were velcroed at the loosest option). The gloves were a bit too big for her pinkies. Of course, every child has a different body. My god daughter is 4, going to be 5 in April. She did not complain about how they felt on her, nor did anything fall off, unlike her! :P Overall, satisfied. The biggest problem wasn't with the product itself, rather with searching FOR a product. It is way too complicated to find helmets and pad sets for young children, I believe.
One person found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on December 6, 2013
I ordered these for my 2 1/2 year old to use with her balance bike. She enjoys putting the pads and gloves on and off more than actually using them. I think they are good for smaller kids, since it's hard to find anything small enough for my daughter. However, the gloves are huge on her. Hopefully this means they will last for a long time. The quality is fine.
on December 6, 2012
I bought these for my six year old granddaughter. I also have a five year old granddaughter. They are so small I am returning them. They would be perfect for a 2-4 year old child. Cute and at a good price but not what I was loooking for.
36 people found this helpful