Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Schwinn Men's Network 7 Speed Bicycle (Blue)
Amazon Vehicles Back to School Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Joseph Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports

on October 24, 2012
First- how I use my Network 7:

Exercise mainly- about 10-12 miles at a time of rolling hills on mostly streets with intermittent gravel/rock pathways. Each time I make use of all 7 gears. I've put in more than 300 miles over the summer and here's how it went:

1. It needed some cable stretch adjustment for the derailleur less than 100 miles in. I've only had to tweak with the thumbscrew since then.

2. Busted the rear tube at around 200 miles going over some rocky terrain- no problems with replacement and the original tires are still good.

3. Brakes needed some thumbscrew adjustments at about 300 miles.

3. The only bad- the teeth on the freewheel started to chip/wear to the point where the 5th gear was unusable sometime after 300 miles. I don't even use the 5th gear as much as others. The freewheel that shipped with my N7 was gray with no brand name. I was able to replace it with a standard Shimano 7 speed freewheel with a little effort and it's back in action.

So on one hand it may require a little investment to keep these bikes running long term but on the other I've done a lot more with it than many do with expensive bikes.
on September 12, 2012
This bike isn't too bad for what I bought it for. I have a 3 mile commute to work on mostly flat ground.

Pros: The 7 gears are fine for moderate hills. Its nice that it has fenders with it and the luggage rack seems solid. I have put over 50lbs worth of groceries/gear on the rack on a regular basis and it works well. The seat is very comfortable. I am a 5'11" woman and this sized frame fits me well. It does have two pairs of mounting screws for accessories. It is a nice smooth ride and it looks great. I do get a lot of compliments on it.

Cons: The tires are crap. I ended up replacing the back tire 7 months after I bought the bike because my tubes kept blowing spectacularly. The bike shop guy said it was something about the seal being broken near the rim on high pressure tires. I have panniers mounted on the luggage rack and I have to push them back pretty far or I'll kick them.

Not bad overall, works for what I need it for.
review image
on August 19, 2011
I was Browsing on the Schwinn website one day and came across this bike. You can't buy directly from their website so they give you options as to where you can and since I've had many good experiences with Amazon It was a no brainer buying it from here. When I first saw this bike it caught my eye right away and stood out from the rest, the old-school look with modern accents really makes this one unique not to mention the contrast between the brown seat and handle bars with the blue body. Very easy to assemble, there is no need for instructions. Smooth ride Good Price Highly recommended
on October 2, 2012
So this bike is gorgeous and sturdy looking, and it rides well(after getting it tuned) It had a problem where some of the parts that were pre-assembled weren't tuned properly. The Freewheel Cassette (the place where the chain connects to the back wheel with different levels for different gears) was broken and I had to pay 40 extra dollars to fix it. Now that it's fixed the bike rides perfectly and is quite comfortable for the roads of the small city that I live in. The bike was extremely easy to assemble. I put it together before I even realized that there was a manual. You just need simple tools for the parts that are not pre-assembled. I actually spent more time trying to tweak the pre-assembled parts than I did putting the other parts together (the back brake was flush against the tire and I needed to tune that part a little, as well as the aforementioned problem.) All in all, I have a good feeling about this bike, especially for what I need it for, just be careful to check out the pre-assembled parts as well!
on December 27, 2012
We got this for our 18 year old grandson- were not sure if he would like the fenders (too geeky?) but he says he loves it. Bike was easy to put together- although the instructions were not very good, for the money this bike had more than many others I looked at, was going to get the Schwinn Wayfarer (same price) but this 1 had seat post and front fork suspension as well as a Shimano 3 piece crank.
on April 17, 2013
The bike came preassembled except for the front wheel. It was very easy to complete the assembly and soon I was pumbping up the tires. When I took it out, it performed very well. I had to make a few minor adjustments which were very simple as I followed the instructional manual. I now use it daily to get around here in East Cleveland. Very nice ride because of the shock absorbing forks and seat. I love it.
on November 22, 2013
Nice bike, except one of the bike tubes came deflated and with a hole in it. Based on other reviews of other Schwinn bikes, I didn't expect a speedy response from Schwinn so we just went out and bought another one. The packaging of the bike seemed fine though - no dents or scratches. There also aren't any assembly instructions. The bike has shocks, which you may or may not prefer.
on December 25, 2012
A nice simple bike for getting around or commuting for those of us who dont feel like dressing in a spandex Tour de France outfit every time we decide to bike somewhere! Big, cushy, springy seat and a rack to mount stuff, who could ask for more in a bike!

The only cons(and the reason I didn't give it 5 stars) are that the wheel fenders are made of plastic, which I'm guessing means I'll be replacing them after a year or two of regular use and outdoor storage, and the larger issue, the wheels weren't true when I unboxed it, granted this might have been something that happened during shipping, but the larger issue is that THE NIPPLES ARE REVERSE THREADED!!! Meaning if you end up truing the wheels yourself, like I did, IT'S LEFTY-TIGHTY, RIGHTY-LOOSEY!!! I was about to take it to a shop to have it fixed when I finally figured this out on my own, then I had both wheels trued in about 10 min. MAKE SURE YOU WATCH YOUTUBE VIDEOS AND READ UP ON HOW TO TRUE A BIKE WHEEL IF YOU CHOOSE TO DO IT YOURSELF! I hope this helps someone avoid the frustration that I came upon putting this bike together.
on February 26, 2013
Great bang for the buck easy to assemble have to take to a bike store though to get everything aligned etc that cost $50.00 bucks. Only negative fenders are plastic other than that rides great!
on January 13, 2013
Easy setup. Perfect for getting around the neighborhood. Great bike to start up exercise regiment (for 40 plus).
Not a racing or heavy off road bike.