Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 14 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 18 reviews
on June 22, 2011
Got this bike a couple of weeks ago, only ridden it about 30 miles. So far its been a great bike. I especially love the retro handlebars. I can sit up and stand up and pedal. I do not have to bend over the handlebars. It required some assembly, regular wrenches and hex keys. I had to adjust brakes. Got this bike to commute on the streets and its easy to see thought went into its design.
on June 30, 2011
This is an excellent bike if you're riding on smooth surfaces like paved roads. It's a comfort bike more suited for low speeds. I say this because if you hit like ~30+ mph going downhill, the bike will a shake a bit. Not enough to be dangerous but the lighter weight gives it less stability. The Up side is that the it is very easy to handle. Having been used to cheap heavy mountain bikes as a kid, I'm having a hard time judging the strength of this bike's light frame, but it seems durable enough.

I dislike that most bikes on amazon don't have frame sizes so I thought I would help people out. The size of the middle frame shaft (from where the pedals are to the top of the frame, below the seat) is 52 cm. For people new to bike buying like I was, the cruiser bike frame size can be a little smaller than a road bike because you are upright on it. Hope that helps.
44 comments| 36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 24, 2011
I purchased this Schwinn bicycle from Amazon on 7 August 2011, and I was given an arrival date of 17 August. To my delight, the bicycle was delivered a day earlier! The reason I purchased this item was for exercise, and since I'm quitting smoking, a way to work off the urge. The bicycle arrived in two (2) boxes, one within the other, and some assembly was required. I had it assembled in about an hour and a half (Make sure you have a good selection of METRIC wrenches - both open-end and Allen). I'm sure that the more mechanically-inclined would have assembled it faster. The brakes needed professional adjustment, so I took it to a bike shop close to my house. I also purchased an odometer, front and rear lights, and a holder for a water bottle; I had the bike back the next day. I haven't been on a bicycle in well over 15-years, so my first attempts at riding were less than "Professional looking." I was wobbly at the start, but once I got going, all was well. I suppose it's true what they say about never forgetting how to ride a bike. I like the way it looks, handles, and smoothly shifts gears. You have to get used to the seat, though. All-in-all, this was one of the BEST purchases I've made on Amazon.com, and the free shipping certainly didn't hurt, either. If you're an old fogey like me who needs some exercise at a reasonable price, you sure can't go wrong by getting this bike.
on April 26, 2012
I thought I would save a bunch of money buying the bike online and putting it together myself. It was a little slow going for me putting it together. A few screws were missing and I had to go down to a bikeshop to get the pieces. One of the screws was for adjusting the brakes. All is well now. We like our bikes (I got the women's version for my wife).
on February 11, 2013
The product is exactly what is supposed to be, a very good looking bike, easy to assemble, comfortable and elegant. The packaging is very good, no damage at all. The assembly process is not just easy but a fun project to engage in. The only thing I would change are the handlebar grips. I bought the Schwinn Tri-Layer Gel Comfort Grip and now the bike has a better look and grip.
Absolutely recommended!
on October 7, 2012
Wow. I just bought this bike two weeks ago at $200 and now it is $150? Well, I feel ripped off a bit but you should grab this deal. It's a decent bike and was about 15 pounds lighter than my former cruiser. I easily swapped handlebars to get an even more upright feel from this bike. The gears just needed a bit of tuning out of the box and it now switches across all 7 very easily. This has been a very good experience for a full week of biking on my 4.5 mile commute.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 10, 2013
He loves it! The seat is comfortable, the handle bars make sitting upright easy too. We added accessories to it (purchased separately - water bottle, front and rear light) to make it just right. Some problems with assembly, be careful with the front fork! Otherwise, classic and rides very well on city streets.
on January 9, 2017
great deal
on September 24, 2012
This is an excellent bicycle for urban cycling, especially for a casual cyclist It is sturdy and sexy. Shifting is easy and uncomplicated
on November 18, 2012
The bicycle is worth the price with the exception of the rear gear cluster. The cluster "clunks" when pedaling with mild to strong force but will stop if the cluster latches in a different position.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.