Schwinn Protocol 1.0 Men's Dual-Suspension Mountain Bike (26-Inch Wheels, Red)
|Price:||$336.54 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$63.45 (16%)|
Want this professionally assembled?
- Assembling 1 customer-supplied bike
- Guidance on basic tuning and maintenance
- Safety ride to ensure function and performance
- Longer assembly times may result in additional service fees
- Pro will contact you within 1 business day to schedule
- Kick back and only pay when the job is done
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Book the service directly on Amazon
- Receive confirmation within 1 business day
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- • Schwinn aluminum full suspension frame with front suspension fork for reliable, responsive riding
- • 24-speed Shimano EZ-Fire trigger shifters and the Shimano rear derailleur provide a wide gear range and smooth shifting out on the trail
- • Front disc brake and rear alloy V-brake combine for crisp all-condition stopping
- • Light and strong alloy rims support knobby mountain tires for durable everyday riding
- • Schwinn alloy crank offers optimal gearing and less pesky maintenance on your end
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
From the manufacturer
Freedom and fun is waiting
Schwinn is the oldest and most trusted name in bikes in America.
- By purchasing a Schwinn you are joining millions of happy cyclists that are confident knowing that their bikes are backed by a lifetime warranty for as long as you own the bike.
Schwinn Protocol Mountain Bike
Find your wild side
If you are looking for a bike that will get you out there riding on single tracks and some occasional down-hills, then this bike is what you are looking for.
It has an aluminum dual suspension frame, which means it is lightweight, and will absorb the bumps and ruts that you encounter on the trail. In a similar way the front fork absorbs all the thumps up front, so your arms and shoulders don't have to. There are 24 speeds with Shimano EZ-Fire shifters and a Shimano Altus rear derailleur. The speeds will help you climb the steepest hills and the toughest ravines and the brand names mean the engineering was done right, so there should be nothing but smooth shifting. The Promax front disc brake and rear alloy linear pull brake will give you confidence stopping in dusty and dirty trail conditions. The three piece cranks and double walled alloy rims are light but strong and means that you have a quality bike that was built for mountain biker that wants to get on the mountain and look like they know what they are doing.
The Protocol is a solid ride that will give you confidence to get out there and try something new. Owning this bike means you can list mountain biking as one of your hobbies because no-lie, you look like you know what you are doing.
- Perfect for trails and downhill cycling
Schwinn Protocol 1.0 26" Bicycle
This 26" mountain bike has a downhill aluminum dual-suspension frame with Suntour suspension fork, alloy rims and promax front disc and rear alloy linear pull brakes and a 24-speed Shimano Altus with EF-50 shifting system.
- Product Dimensions: 68 (L) x 23 (W) x 41 (H)
- Age: 14 years and up
With 26-inch wheels and full suspension, this men's mountain bike is well equipped for adventurous rides. The bike sports a New Down Hill aluminum dual-suspension frame with a forgiving steel rear triangle. The Arrow black anodized alloy rims are designed for tough terrain. Shimano EF-50 trigger shifters deliver 24 speeds, while the Promax front disc and rear alloy linear pull breaks enable you to stop the bike dependably.
Warranty coverage on the bicycle frame extends for the life of the bicycle while owned by the original retail purchaser. Warranty coverage on Schwinn proprietary bicycle components (excluding tires, tubes, and cables) extends for one year while owned by the original retail purchaser. Warranty coverage of non-proprietary components will be covered by the warranty stated by their original manufacturers. This warranty does not cover normal wear and tear; any damage, failure, or loss caused by accident, misuse, neglect, abuse, theft, or failure to follow instructions or warnings in the owner's manual.
About Dorel Industries
Dorel Industries is a world-class juvenile products and bicycle company. Established in 1962, Dorel creates style and excitement in equal measure to safety, quality, and value. The company's lifestyle leadership position is pronounced in both its Juvenile and Bicycle categories with an array of trendsetting products. Dorel's powerfully branded products include Cannondale, Schwinn, GT, Mongoose, and SUGOI. Dorel is a $2.2 billion company with 4,700 employees, facilities in 18 countries, and sales worldwide.
Top customer reviews
1. Use masking tape to cover the location where the cage is to be mounted.
2. Mark the sites for two holes.
3. Use #19 drill bit to drill two holes. Since the frame is made of Aluminum so the drilling is relatively easy.
4. Use 5MM-0.80 tap to cut the threads in the two holes.
5. Put some Loctite thread locker on the two bolts that came with the cage. This is to prevent the cage becoming loose under constant vibrations.
6. Install the cage and tighten the two bolts.
Hope this helps.
1. The front fork claims to be SR Suntour which is a well known brand. Instead it comes with $15 dollar zoom brand forks made in china. The Suntours are not great but they are valued more and perform a tad better.
2. The tires should be kenda mtb tires but instead they give you cheap china tires innova brand.
3. The crank arms should be suntour instead its really another brand with schwinn written on it.
Overall this bike should be valued ar such a high price anymore due to downgraded parts. This is illegal to see this not matching the discription. Cheap parts on a mtb can cause injury if the product fails. Im done buying chinese made garbage!!!!
What you must assemble:
- Screw the Pedals on (make sure you do L on left and R on right) - this was really, really easy.
- Screw the handlebars on (shifters are already on it) (easy)
- Put a little locking pole through the front tire (keep pushing if it's a little tough) and place the tire on the frame.
That's about it! It's really easy. I recommend taking it to a bike shop for a tune-up to make sure everything is tight and the gears shift good and brakes are aligned (cost me $50).
Pro riders will criticize this as a "department store" bike but trust me, if you are a casual rider that wants to ride on the streets and some light off-road, this bike is great. The quality is great, it's comfortable, the brakes are amazing and to top it off, it looks AWESOME!
I am a 28 year old, 200lbs, 5' 10" male and I'm comfortable on it (though I had to order a new seat Velo Bio:Logic Bicycle Saddle the one that comes on it is a bit hard but that's just my opinion).
Looks like the price has gone up a bit since some of the other reviewers have bought it (maybe due to demand) but it's worth the $300 for sure. Very fun, great quality, nice looking bike. I recommend buying from Amazon, I had it the next day by noon and in 100% perfect condition!
I have 0 bike repair experience, but I'm definitely more inclined to fix things myself than to ask for help or pay someone.
I got this bike for myself, and got my girlfriend a similarly priced Mongoose. We're not heavy duty riders, but I like to be able to go off-road a bit. I also like the knobby tires on mountain bikes and feel that they're more durable.
Overall, I really like the bike. After a few weeks with it, we've ridden through several parks and traveled 10+ miles on and off trails. I've had very few issues, mainly just adjusting the bike to fit my preferences. I really do like the look of it as well. It's a bit heavy, but you get what you pay for in some aspects. Overall, it's a great value and I'd recommend it.