BCA Month Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Women's Coat Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

• Customer reviews

on August 11, 2016
Got this for my adorable 2 year old granddaughter..she just loves it so far ..she is 32 inches tall and can just reach the pedals with the seat all the way forward ..

the rear axle does not have ball bearings so i took it apart and put grease on the bushings..attaching a photo to show what i did..

i seen from another reviewer that they had water damage after water was spilt on the back wooden board..so i took it off and the chrome ring around it and sanded it down with 200 grit sandpaper and gave it 5 coats of minwax acrylic clearcoat ..o my it shines now plus should help protect for years to come ..

the front wheel does have ball bearings so i put a couple of drops of oil in there.just help it last longer..

the rear tires are a pain to inflate ..tried to put air in them and the tire pops off the rim..so i used painters masking tape and got the tire where i wanted it and wrapped tape around tire and rim so the tape would hold in place while inflating ..worked like a charm..see attached photo ..

all in all we love it and our little one does too..hope this helps others to decide on a good fit for there little angel
review image review image review image review image review image
11 comment| 65 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 16, 2010
This bike is beautiful, well made, and well loved by my son who just turned 3. I had to write a review to combat another review that states that there is a height restriction of 38". The box does have a height chart on it that says Ages 2 to 4, 26" to 38". Since my son is 38" tall and just reaches the pedals on the seat setting closest to the wheel, I emailed the company to let them know of the problem and this is what they wrote back:

"Thank you for contacting us. The minimum height and age recommendation for the Schwinn Roadster is 3 yrs, 38" and up. I will be sure to have the boxes looked at to verify what they say."

Yes, apparently they've made a pretty big mistake on the box, but the fact that the minimum is 38" makes total sense. I hope this helps.
1111 comments| 422 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 10, 2017
 This trike is awesome!! I purchased it for my son who is 2 years 9 months old. We got it to replace his vintage Radio Flyer trike that was carelessly left in the driveway and run over by mommy’s car. Oops! Son was super stoked when he saw the picture on the box, and was excited to take out all the parts. Daddy had it assembled within a few minutes, and son was on the go! He rode it up and down the sidewalk all afternoon, and asked to go ride his bike again after dinner. He always liked his Radio Flyer, but he was getting too big for it. He is average sized for his age and this new trike fits him great. He feels like a big boy on his shiney Schwinn! What a hit!
review image review image
on June 17, 2017
My grandson really loves this! It was easily assembled and looks great. As with so many things, it is recommended that items like this are delivered early enough for you to verify proper operation before becoming a large part of a birthday celebration. The nut that fastens the seat to the frame was broken (it is a plastic piece with a threaded metal insert). We replaced it with a wing nut from Home Depot and all is well.
on July 1, 2017
We've had this for a year now and it looks really cool but does not work that great. Wheels roll on a metal axle with plastic bushing and they stop rolling after a couple turns despite making sure everything is in proper adjustment and plenty of silicone lubricant. It is also heavy at 21 pounds for toddlers, my mountain bike weighs in at about 26 lbs. I'm planning to get a light weight plastic one that will roll better.
on May 31, 2016
I truly view Schwinn products as generally quality products. The tricycles have the design and stability as I expected, except for an anoting flaw in at least the rear wheel. Twice after bringing the tire to the recommended pressure a blowout accured. My conclusion was that there was a design problem allowing the spoke heads to protrude too far. After double taping and new tubes, I haven't had the problem again.

Amazon was helpful with acquiring my first tube.

I would have given 5 stars if the wheel design had been equivalent to the safety and aesthetic elements.

I still have a fondness for Schwinn products.
on November 29, 2013
By the time they have the coordination to ride it, they've outgrown it. Might as well get a bicycle if you're going to spend this kind of money.
If you absolutely want a fancy tricycle then this is it.
on April 7, 2017
This really is a beautiful bike. The chrome is so shiny and the bike looks so classy. It handles well and my kid wants to ride everywhere on it.
on August 31, 2017
This trike, for my granddaughter's 3rd b-day, was a no-brainer. She grew out of her little trike, but isn't ready for a 2-wheeler. I loved the style of this classic Schwinn...chrome details, handlebar tassels, wood burned platform, and the deep fuchsia color looks amazing, and expensive! Well, she LOVED IT!!!
on June 5, 2014
We purchased the Schwinn Roadster for our then 18 month old (50 percentile in height) son last summer. It was a hit. Of course he needed the blocks on the pedals at that time, and he could reach only with his toes if he was turning, but anyway, we weren't expecting him to pedal on his own. We were using a broom to push him or pull him (with a dog collar attached to the loop on the broom that we would clip on the handle bars).
The tricycle was easy to assemble. It was just very very loud (squeeky) so we had to grease the wheels a bit, and then it was perfectly quiet.
When we got it out this spring, I realized that I could get rid of the blocks, our toddler was able to reach the pedals without them no problem (although, he`s jumped to the 85th percentile for height over the winter, but is still really skinny - 20th %).

2-3 weeks ago, at 2 years and 4 months, he got it. He's pedaling on his own now. On the gravel road. Through puddles and pot holes (and by the way, the shiny mudguard are not only cool looking, they do an excellent job!) it's a joy to see him go. He comes back from daycare on it every night... and all the other little kids and their parents think it's the coolest bike ever. I'm actually ordering this bike for one of them tonight :) We still carry the broom-with-a-dog-collar-attached-to-it with us all the time, just in case our son would need a push... and mostly because pulling the trike with it is the easiest way get it somewhere when our son wants to walk :)