Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Schwinn Women's Sanctuary 7-Speed Cruiser Bicycle (26-Inch Wheels), Cream/Purple, 16-Inch
Your Garage Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

on July 29, 2013
Pros-
1. low seat post so one can get on and off easily.
2. comfortable seat.
3. the gears come tuned so no tinkering was required.
4. comfortable riding position.
5. Brakes are amazing. (no tuning required out of the box)

Cons -
1. HEAVY bike (40-45lbs) taking off the fenders and the carrier makes a big difference.
2. 26" tires wish it was a 300c sometimes.
on June 25, 2013
I was a little intimidated when this arrived and I began reading the assembly instructions, but once I sorted it out, (and recruited my husband), we had it together in about 30 to 40 minute because most of it is already assembled anyway. Now that I've ridden it a few times, I just love it. The seat is wider and more comfortable than the normal narrow bicycle seats, it has 7 gears although I haven't gone beyond the second gear yet, lol. It rides smoothly and looks sporty. Love it and recommend it to anyone!
22 comments| 56 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 19, 2014
First of all it is NOT (repeat, NOT) Burgundy/Cream. It is PURPLE/Cream. How hard is it for a distributor to update a color change?!?!? Evidently, too difficult for these guys........

This review isn't for those of you that can afford go to a high-end shop, pick out your new ride and then have someone professionally set it up JUST for YOU !!!
Nope.
This review is for the REST of us.........

I wanted to get 2 matching 7 speed Cruisers for my bride and I, and after reading bike reviews until my eyes bled, I hesitantly chose this one. The fact that it was on sale was a deciding factor.
I decided to buy hers first (I have an old bike I can ride for now) before buying the second bike.
I'm glad we did.

Here's the honest truth:
-Packaging is virtually your bike components dropped into a cardboard box. That's it.......... EVERY move that box made resulted in SOME damage to the bike.
-My wife's came badly damaged. Paint was damaged, scratched, dinged and chipped right down to the steel.
-The rims were bent soooooo badly, I asked my buddy (lead tech for a high end bike shop) if he would wave his magic spoke wrench over them to make them useable (for a few beers, on his day off).
He did, they are, and that sucked.
-I'm a pretty darn good bike tech, but missing hardware for the luggage rack and (front) fender would have been a challenge for someone who doesn't have a fully equipped shop like I'm blessed with.
-Derailer needed complete set-up. Not a problem for me, but for some of you ???????? KEEP IN MIND THAT YOU ***MUST*** PROPERLY SET UP THE DERAILER BEFORE YOU RIDE IT ("On The Bench"), OR YOU RISK RUNNING IT INTO THE SPOKES AND TEARING YOUR BIKE APART. If you damage it in this manner, it's considered "Improper Set-Up", and NOT COVERED by either Amazon or Schwinn.
-Both front and rear brakes needed complete (from scratch) setup.

THE PRO'S:
Finished product is a nice, cushy ride, that has the ever-elusive "Great Riding Position".
Has the potential of standing the test of time. We will see!

The Con's:
-Be prepared for a bike that needs EVERYTHING before it can be ridden. If you think this bike is "Plug and Play", you are sadly mistaken.
-If you have an endless supply of stainless steel hardware to replace what was missing, good. You'll need it.
-I made my living for decades assembling delicate machines 150 feet long, and know my way around a bicycle as well, but the issues with this one had me guessing what the average guy or gal would do when THEIRS gets pushed off the truck and onto their curb.

THE VERDICT?!?:
My wife loves it, so it was worth the trouble...,BUT, because of the issues I had with this bike, I can't justify buying mine from Amazon, or recommend others do either.

Even after posting this review, Schwinn Customer Service(?) is nowhere to be found.
That's sad, because I really wanted one of my own.

The Lesson???:
EVERY ENGINEERING STUDENT, PRODUCTION AND DISTRIBUTION MANAGER SHOULD BE MADE TO ASSEMBLE ONE OF THESE BIKES.
THEN, AND ONLY THEN, WOULD THEY HAVE A CLUE AS TO WHAT THEY ARE SHIPPING TO THEIR CUSTOMERS.
on June 17, 2013
Very cute bike for cruising around town. Great for the price, especially being a 7-speed. Was challenging to put together as it did not come with assembly instructions, but I was able to figure it out with trial and error and some help. It is quite heavy, so it's tough to make it up the hill to my house :) But overall, I like it!
on May 26, 2013
hard to add Speed without getting exausted,...
could run easier,...
besides that great - but is has the easiest and lowest stepover,...
on May 3, 2015
This bike was NOT over-boxed. It came in a single torn up box with bike parts exposed. My husband's was double boxed, mine wasn't. I was extremely disappointed when it arrived. There were gouges in the fender and center brace. I took it on the chin and decided well it may get some dings from use and I was anxious to use it so I let it go. However with that said, my husband and I took our first test run today and after riding for two miles the gear snapped when I shifted. I am not a novice to shifting bikes either having owned several 18 speeds and still do. It bent the fender, fender brace, scraped paint off other areas, BENT the Topeak rack ($40+) that was on it and I am sure the whole darn set-up needs replacing perhaps even the rear tire rim is bent as well. The bike is TRASHED! This was not what I expected from the brand name Schwinn. Not at all. I had to walk, carrying the rear wheel off the ground because it would no longer spin without the whole mechanism jamming up the wheel.
on July 8, 2013
Bought this bicycle as a houswarming gift for my sister -- she recently moved to town from the suburbs and wanted something comfortable for riding and shopping around her new town. She loves the bike -- the gears make the Washington hills manageable but the bike still has the comfort of a beach cruiser. Shipment arrived on schedule and everything was as it should be. Added a basket for carrying parcels and off she goes.....
on June 12, 2013
Some reviewers have complained that the bike was inadequately packaged, but it came to me in a box inside of a box with all of it's parts intact. Since it was listed as "cream and burgandy", I was expecting more of a redish color. I would call it purple, but it's a nice color. I've never assembled a bike before, but I found it relatively easy. You have to attach the handlebars, seat, and front wheel as well as possibly adjust the brakes. I've been using it to run erands to places fairly close to where I live. It's easy and fun to ride, and I'm satisfied with the bike.
on April 20, 2014
Beautiful, and elegant looking. It looks even better in reality than it looks in the picture. For those wondering whether the bike will be the right size, with the seat all the way down 5'1" is fine. The seat can be raised so it's fine for taller women too. The bike came mostly assembled and it was pretty easy to finish. Before purchasing this, you should make sure you have some tools to assemble the bike. You'll need allen wrenches to get the head set and the handle bars on. You may need normal wrench set to get the wheels on (or maybe a monkey wrench if you like living on the edge), and you'll need the wrenches to make some adjustments to brake pads.

You may need to adjust the gears as well (screw driver). I am not a bike mechanic at all but I had to tinker with the brakes a little to get them to line up correctly against the wheel and not hit the tire. I had to adjust the gears so that 1st and 7th gears could be reached. There are adjustment screws on the derailer to adjust the gears in and out. Adjusting the gears was the hardest part because I didn't know what I was doing and didn't see the adjustment screws at first. Having a pair of needle nose pliers to adjust cable tension on brakes and gear cable might be useful. It is probably a quick tune-up by a bike mechanic, or a few hours for someone like me who isn't all that experienced at tuning up a bike. However, having adjusted the derailer now, I believe the trick is to put the bike in lowest gear and adjust the derailer to line up over the biggest sprocket, then put the gear in 7th and adjust it to the smallest sprocket. By adjust, I mean you want to line up the derailer so that it's about perfectly even (in-line) with the sprocket you're adjusting to. It may seem intuitive but like I said, I'm not a bike mechanic and I had to figure it out slowly, so I'm spreading the word here. Overall, it's a beautiful bike and rides nicely. It might be worth just spending $20-$30 for a real bike mechanic to tune it up, but I actually enjoyed the process after I decided I wasn't in a hurry.

If you live in a place filled with goat-heads and stuff that punctures inner-tubes, get some tire sealant / slime (I like Stan's) and a valve stem remover.
on May 12, 2013
Nice bike for the price but it arrived with lots of dings in the paint because of poor shipping packaging. Not the Schwinn quality of the past. The welds were not smoothed out and ruff. Front brake was loose when it arrived and took some time to get it hooked back up and adjusted. I will pay the extra money next time and buy from a local bike shop.