Schwinn Street Comfort Bike Tire with Kevlar (Black, 26 x 1.95-Inch)
- Low Return Rate: 29% fewer returns than similar products
- Highly Rated: More than 85% 4 star and 5 star reviews
- Popular Item: Popular with customers shopping for "bike tire"
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
|You Save:||$3.38 (17%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Folding wire bead
- Kevlar belt under tread center reduces punctures
- Shallow close knobs for pavement or dirt
- Tire size 26 x 1.95-inch
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
26 inch tire with large knobs and micro gnarled tread provides great grip for the streets or the dirt
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I'm giving these 5 starts for an excellent combination of affordability and durability. I've had these for several months now and they still look quite good. Are they particularly special? I don't know. But I know I got them at a comparatively good price and they are doing the job. For those of you that are wondering if these things are so cheap they fall apart immediately or have some deformity, the answer is no.
If Sasquatch helped you make a decision or if you enjoyed this review, mark him helpful. Sasquatch likes that.
Decided to go with Schwinn over the Kendall since it seemed to be a better value - Kendall seemed to wear out fast. The tires were a little bit stiff when first comes out of the box - I put it under the sun for 30 minutes and that seemed to soften it up a little bit. Install was relatively easy - it is a 3 in a scale of 1-10 (with 1 being easiest). Once installed, the tubes and tires fit nicely around the rim w/o any apparent distortions.
Definitely recommend this tires for those looking to upgrade their mountain bike tires to comfort tires.
Love these tires so much I bought two more for my younger son's bike. These tires works great along with the Sunlite Standard Presta Valve Tubes, 26 x 1.90. Read a lot of comments about the difficulties a lot of people have put the tires on so I decided to add some pics and instructions.
1. Add just enough air to the tube so that it will form a circle by itself
2. Slide the tube and valve through the rim and then put the tire around the tube and rim. At this point, the tire is just around the tube - not push in yet.
3. Now, just focus on one side of the tire and push it into the rim. Easiest is to start where the valve first - make sure that the blue line on the tire is no longer visible. Don't worry about the other side of the tire.
4. Just keep pushing the tire into the rim and going around the whole tire until ALL one side of the tire is in.
5. Now flip the rim over and start working on the other side. Again start from the valve and start pushing in the tire into the rim.
6. When you get to about 7/8 through the tire, you will encounter resistance. I used a wrench handle as leverage and push the remaining 1/8 of the tire in. DO NOT USE ANY SHARP TOOL.
7. Then just slowly filled the tire with some air. Tighten the valve nut. Bounce the tires a few time to make sure the tube is even distribute.
8. Check to make sure the tire are completely in the rim, ie, you SHOULD NOT see any blue line on the tire
9. Repeat this process until it is complete fill.
I used just my hands and a wrench and each tire typically took me about 10 minutes from start to finish. Hope these pics help.
I replaced a pair of standard knobby mountain bike tires with these since my teenaged son rides mostly on concrete. He had taken to using my road bike instead for the lower rolling resistance and I'm hopeful that these Schwinns will have that effect on his mountain bike. These tires are a little smaller and the tread pattern is tighter. See attached pics. Overall, I really like the tires. Hopefully they hold up.